Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Knudsen's Bakery Closed

Just came across this news story.

Used to love their Raspberry coffee cake.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ing/580494002/

Gonna miss this place. Was a institution in NW Detroit.

So sorry to hear that. I used to buy pastries at Knudsen's very week on the way to my Friday morning bridge club.
    Last edited by Former_Detroiter; May-07-18 at 09:25 AM.

I remember going there, but I thought they closed in the 80s.

There was also a Knudsen's bakery in Livonia. Northwest corner of Schoolcraft and Inkster...in the really old strip mall that occupies that corner. Same family...different bakery? It closed maybe 25 years ago, but I remember it well as I grew up a very short distance away.

Very sad news. We had friends in North Rosedale who always showed up with a treat from Knudsen's every time they came over, and my dad would always stop by there and bring something back whenever he had to go out that way for work. They stuck it out a lot longer than so many other Detroit businesses and made it through some very tough times while keeping their quality up. What a great, and delicious, run they had.