Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Pure Michigan Ads in New Mexico

Watching the Pure Michigan ads here in Santa Fe is Great!!! Especially the Ann Arbor ads, home of my Alma Mater...Go Blue!!! Watching them brings me closer to home...
    Last edited by Former_Detroiter; April-25-18 at 06:50 PM.

Had Pure Michigan ads here in Las Vegas [[Nevada, not NM!) also. Agree with you!

I didn't know they ran the ads nationwide. I thought they were just in neighboring states and Ontario. Are they targeting former Michiganders? Do people living in southern states travel north in the summer for golf and other recreation to get away from the heat?

Actually they do,your state really has a lot to offer in a diverse way,during the Christmas holidays my son and his wife with the two granddaughters rented a cabin for two weeks in the UP,in the snow and cold when it was in the 80s here.

They pick different states every year and they said out of the last five years,it was the best time they had.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I didn't know they ran the ads nationwide. I thought they were just in neighboring states and Ontario. Are they targeting former Michiganders? Do people living in southern states travel north in the summer for golf and other recreation to get away from the heat?
    I have seen the Pure Michigan TV ads when visiting family in the Orlando, FL area.

We get them here in Washington.......the state. My wife, a native Washintonian, thinks they're great and would like to go visit. The last time I was home was for my Dad' funeral in '92.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Had Pure Michigan ads here in Las Vegas [[Nevada, not NM!) also. Agree with you!
    I had an entire conversation with a neighbor about Las Vegas. It was a while before I realized he was talking about Las Vegas, NM and I was talking about Las Vegas, NV.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    How can they not be directly targeting the former Michiganders heartstrings?

Several million people bailed for better economic conditions for decades. Most of them have disposable income now.

They have been playing regularly in Phoenix Arizona also.