Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Charlevoix Hotel

Does anyone know if something is going to be done with the Charlevoix Hotel? [[restoration, demolition?) Recently I saw some trucks behind it with ladders leading to the second floor [[no way to get up from 1st floor). I looked around online recently to see if there was any articles but I didn't find anything.

I don't know, but I am also curious about its status, especially if you saw trucks and workers.

In before "Tear that schitt down!"

Quote Originally Posted by ljbad89 View Post
    I don't know, but I am also curious about its status, especially if you saw trucks and workers.

In before "Tear that schitt down!"
    Tear that schit.... d'oh!
    I'll also point out that they've erected a death fence around it AND put up some crazy painted billboard-like faux advertisement, which is WAY better than plywood. I can't imagine anything is going to come around to save it. It's one of those that's simply too far gone - unlike the Lafayette Building.

http://www.buildingsofdetroit.com/places/charlevoix

LodgeDodger Guest

They should have torn that place down years ago...no saving it.