Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

They looked awful. This season is on the edge of the abyss with 8 games left...

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Speilman, at the beginning of the broadcast alluded to how the offensive line was healthy and in place for the first time in a while. Maybe they should go back to the other guys because they looked terrible. One thing about Stafford, he is one tough son of a bitch.
    Being tough is about the only thing I give him credit for. He makes too many mistakes to be a championship level QB. He lost a fumble last week, then made a poor decision while scrambling and pitched the ball to Johnson when he wasn't expecting it, causing a fumble return TD. That can't happen. They play the 1st place Bears in Chicago next week, not expecting anything different.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; November-05-18 at 01:29 AM.

Heard the Lions were totally into the game until the coin toss? When do the rookies report to Spring training? Does the WNBA start soon?

Since Stafford spent more time on his back [[only 10 sacks) when he wasn’t running for his life, anybody believe the previous #1 team leading receiver would have relieved the pressure with quick slot-catches….no, definitely not, no-way, are you kidding?

Can they trade Showtime [[Tate) again for another 3rd round pick to supplement the staff? Carry on.....SOL's!

Attachment 36858
    Last edited by Smirnoff; November-05-18 at 08:39 AM.

If Lions management and coaching staff were just incompetent, the law of averages says that at least once over the past 61 seasons they’d get lucky and put together a championship season.

Same ole' putty tats!!! Stafford got sacked 10 times. He can't make good plays. We lost Golden Tate for some measly third pick in the NFL Draft and snacks and not snacking!!!

DETROIT LIONS, LOSING GAMES SINCE 1957.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Best current receiver is now gone [[#1 in reception, yards, yards/game).....yep, 9-7 not good enough, great kool-aid maneuver.

Excellent explanation of how decision this will make the team better [[LOL);

It's Particia's way of being upset of the He lost Tate to the Eagles. So he disrespecting the press. Mike please leave the Lions. It's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    If Lions management and coaching staff were just incompetent, the law of averages says that at least once over the past 61 seasons they’d get lucky and put together a championship season.
    And respect the process;

Attachment 36860
    Last edited by Smirnoff; November-05-18 at 08:48 AM.

The entire offensive line played beyond terrible, but Taylor Decker's performance was just pathetic. Our #1 pick left tackle played worse than a free agent they could have picked up on waivers last Tuesday. It didn't matter what move the opposition made, he handled none of them, including a few plays where his opponent across the line was totally untouched. Bizarre, revealing, humbling,....I don't ever want to hear the word 'good' in relation to this very offensive line again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    The entire offensive line played beyond terrible, but Taylor Decker's performance was just pathetic. Our #1 pick left tackle played worse than a free agent they could have picked up on waivers last Tuesday. It didn't matter what move the opposition made, he handled none of them, including a few plays where his opponent across the line was totally untouched. Bizarre, revealing, humbling,....I don't ever want to hear the word 'good' in relation to this very offensive line again.

+ 1. You'd think in Stafford's 10 years here, they would have built a competent OL by now. #MindBlowing. And to add to it, JBC's time as a OC should be over by the end of the season. Vikings DE said in a interview after the game, that I quote, " It's always a pleasure playing a QB that holds on to the ball too long"

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    And to add to it, JBC's time as a OC should be over by the end of the season.
    Hayseed should be shown the door today, if you ask me. Why Patricia kept him on was mind-boggling to me from the get-go.

A thoroughly pitiful performance. The worst part is that this team has shown that they have the personnel to play good teams tough, and even to beat them. But for the second straight week this team just didn't look terribly interested. Especially that offensive line 'anchored' by our big-time first-rounder Decker.

Stafford had no time to do anything out there, and lost the running threat when the Lions fell behind early, so he was lucky to survive. But he still makes way too many terrible decisions for a veteran [[bizarre last-instant pitchout that went the other way for a TD). And even when he's able to throw he often only really gets going when it's too late. I swear he must be close to the NFL record for 300 yard+ passing days in losing games.

Ah well, looking forward to another boring second half of the season. Only question now is whether they fold up the tent entirely [[as this team keeps threatening to do, from the Jets opener to this stinker), or whether they actually challenge some of the teams on their difficult second half schedule [[as we know they are capable of doing from some other early season games) to make enough of a run to break our hearts again.

Making a case for going after that MLS expansion harder...

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    And respect the process;

Attachment 36860

This sucks!!!

Stafford was on his back more than a Bourbon Street hooker during Mardi Gras.

Time to tank for the draft [[and hopefully some OL help).

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    I agree that Decker has not been playing like he did when he first came out. He hasn’t really been the same since that shoulder injury.

Glad to see the continuous "morale boost" & "winning team spirit" with the loss of the #1 receiver, just mentioning a 3rd round future pick has resulted in only 16 sacks & only 2 stink-bomb losses. Plenty of games left......"respect the process" & carry-on.

Attachment 36914

Like we would really make a good draft pick?

Default This sucks

Some ol'putty tats. Michigan Wolverines can beat them 49 to 21.

Folks from Chi-town or should I said Chiraq gave me this package.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dccJ3MCgU0

They said see you on Thanksgiving when they kick their &^$%@ in Ford Failed!
    Last edited by Danny; November-12-18 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Like we would really make a good draft pick?
    Exactly....aka; persuasion by deception.

I had them at 5-11. Might have been too optimistic.

Remember about 10 yrs. ago when Ford, and possibly GM & Chrysler, begged/threatened the NFL not to take away the Thanksgiving game? Time to pull the plug. It's not fair to the rest of the country to make them watch a perennial laughingstock.

Frankly, it really looks like Patricia has already lost this team. Their performance in their losses, especially in the first half, is almost totally listless.

Unfortunately, he's on a 4 year contract, and there's no way the Fords are going to move him out and owe him all that dough. So I look forward to things getting worse for the remainder of this season and for the next couple of seasons to come.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Frankly, it really looks like Patricia has already lost this team. Their performance in their losses, especially in the first half, is almost totally listless.

Unfortunately, he's on a 4 year contract, and there's no way the Fords are going to move him out and owe him all that dough. So I look forward to things getting worse for the remainder of this season and for the next couple of seasons to come.
    Why not? They're still paying Caldwell. At this point, Patricia is worse than Caldwell, at least the team played hard, and didn't mail it in for him. That's what they get for hiring a defensive coach, instead of a offensive one. Thing is, he's a defensive coach, and the Lions have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Case in point, Chicago hired Matt Nagy who was the OC at Kansas City, and look at what he's done with Chicago.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; November-13-18 at 06:42 AM.

When Caldwell was fired, I wrote that it was probably a bad move. He's a good coach. Smart and well-liked by players. He took a mediocre team to back-to-back 9-7 in a tough division. His players were all-in for him.

so will there at least be a winning record this year? "rebuilding mode" is a cliche at this point.

Anybody had the stadium food yet, supposedly it's a little cheaper this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    When Caldwell was fired, I wrote that it was probably a bad move. He's a good coach. Smart and well-liked by players. He took a mediocre team to back-to-back 9-7 in a tough division. His players were all-in for him.
    Your heard it: 9-7 "uuhhhhhhh"......."just not good 'nuff".

I guess 3-6 is?

NFL Week #11 power ranking: Lions 25th

Sensing a Martha Firestone Ford press conference coming sometime soon. The Lions are stinking up the joint and their season is falling apart ... quickly. If it feels like they lack a spark, you should know that the person who brought that spark is now suiting up for the Eagles. As for Detroit's other notable midseason transaction ... The acquisition of "Snacks" Harrison has brought immediate dividends: The Lions allowed only 54 rushing yards against the Bears on Sunday, a third of which came from Mitch Trubisky scrambles. Unfortunately, Snacks doesn't typically eat the quarterback [[6.5 sacks in seven seasons), and Trubisky tore apart Matt Patricia's secondary. The offense made up for it by sputtering at 4.2 yards per play. Bleh.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; November-14-18 at 08:00 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast