Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Answer: Immediately release all the coaches & players with the first name Matt.....

Name:  ludicrous.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  41.8 KB
    What a joke.

What an embarrassment for Monday Night Football. Mike and His kitty cats losers can do better than that. I know lots of Lions fans went on home after the end of the 3rd quarter. They say " What a waste of my time and money to see my football team play like S%%@!!!"

Same Ole Lions, Losers since 1991.

Just might have to go back to this....

Name:  lions-fans [[1).jpg
Views: 3002
Size:  104.8 KB

There was no silver lining to that thing last night. Not Special Teams, not the running game, passing, defense... nothing. Certainly not coaching.

Even in the depths of 0-16 there was at least Hanson. Even Muhlbach’s snaps were off.

"That Stafford guy is so overpaid it makes me sick." - Victor Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard on them. After all, most of the great cathedrals of Europe took decades
    The Lions last won a championship 61 years ago - in 1957. The law of averages says they should have been able to put together a championship-winning team at least once since 1957.
    Last edited by Pat001; September-11-18 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    The Lions last won a championship 61 years ago - in 1957. The law of averages says they should have put together a championship-winning team at least once since 1957.
    Or won 2 playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    LOL....Pot calling the kettle black.

A total embarrassment on National TV. Everybody talks about Jim Caldwell being a so-so coach, but the Lions played hard for him and I guarantee they wouldn't have quit on him, like they did Patricia. I had gave them somewhat, the benefit of the doubt during preseason, but they looked horrible then. And they looked tired and confused as a team, and got their collective asses handed to them by a rookie QB and the "Freakin Jets".. Patricia, I've heard beats his players up, during training camp to the point of sheer exhaustion. I'm sure that didn't go over well, with the veteran players. I didn't believe the hype, when all these analysts, and prognosticators, were tooting his horn saying he was a great hire by Detroit. It's just one game, but I think Patricia is in over his head, and so is Jim Bob Cooter, who was calling the same plays, he did last year, the Jets admitted to knowing their plays and pounced on them. They have a tough 4 schedule coming up, at SF, home to NE, at Dallas and GB at home. They lose next week, the season may be over, before it starts, but that's "Old Hat" around here.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-11-18 at 05:02 PM.

Maybe Steve Yzerman could fix the Lions. He couldn't do any worse than the current regime, could he?

I was sitting up in 316 for that Monday night game. It wasn’t as ugly as it could have been because 1/2 the crowd left after the 3rd quarter. As horrible a Lions game I’ve ever seen.

It was hot up there somebody should tell the Fords to turn up the AC in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I thought the anti-Caldwell hate was ridiculous. l don't know if it was race or just delusional fans, but that team wasn't any good. He had the respect of the players and NFL and took a mediocre team to the playoffs.

He was 36-28, and two playoff appearance in four years. That's a fantastic record for Lions standards. No RB, no stud receivers, generally poor OL, below-average DBs, overrated QB and Caldwell delivered.

Jets fans should be very happy, BTW. I would not be surprised if Darnold were a stud QB tormenting the rest of the NFL over the next 15 years. He looked very cool under pressure.
    But Caldwell was not the one who was going to get them to that next level, beyond outplaying their errors every couple of years to beat enough mediocre teams get to 9-7 and eke into the bottom of the playoffs. I think maybe if the Lions had managed to hold their lead against Dallas and win that playoff game a couple of years ago, then Caldwell's fate may have been different. But letting that lead slip away so passively and falling apart so badly at the end of that game was indicative of all the shortcomings of the Caldwell regime. They just could not beat good teams.

So, with the clock ticking on Stafford's career, and mucho money being spent on a supposed all time great franchise-changing player who has never made it out of the first round, a change had to be made. Now that doesn't mean that I think Patricia is the answer. Especially not if they also keep an offensive coordinator so bad that the other team knows what plays are coming before the ball is snapped. Caldwell though had most likely done all he was going to do here, and some sort of forward momentum had to be sought for a team that has to win now [[or rebuild and not win for 5 years or more), but has instead just been treading water in the middle of the pack.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; September-11-18 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Nice - LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Just might have to go back to this....

Name:  lions-fans [[1).jpg
Views: 3002
Size:  104.8 KB
    Message clearly stated;

Attachment 36512

I went to Monday night's game, and Mitch Albom is very wrong. Those weren't drunks booing...that was women, children, the old & the young. No one was booing Stafford....those boos were for an organization. The only thing worse than booing is apathy, and by the end of the 3rd quarter, Ford Field was virtually empty. Be careful Martha my dear...you might end up with crowds of 23,000 or less like your husband had back in 1988. Only Barry brought them back, and nothing that good is heading your way.

Do the Fords really think that someone who pays $250 for a single ticket and $30 to $40 bucks to park actually cares if the beer is $5 bucks or $10 ?
    I'll tell you what...if that under 40 obese man was constantly watching me running wind sprints, I might get a bit of an attitude too. He gains 20 lbs. every time I see him.

It might have been only one game, but we've all been here before.

I was at the game and I agree 100% with the poster above. In the seats surrounding me, there was only one person that I thought was pretty drunk, and she was too unfocused to boo. All those booing around me were plenty sober.

The thing is that every single fan that was booing started off cheering, myself included. They cheered during the intros. They cheered when the players ran on the field. They almost blew the roof off the place when Diggs snagged the first throw of Darnold's career and brought it back home.

The reason that they started booing was because the Lions, as usual, did nothing with that. They had an opportunity to take that TD and build momentum, to stuff it down the Jets throat, and to use that as a stepping stone to a great game. Instead, that was it. They instantly started looking flat. They ran on 3rd and long. They'd get everybody cheering on third down plays when the Jets had the ball, then gave up a first down. And then did it again. And again.

The fans were booing because the Lions once again failed to capitalize. It's the story of the franchise. They had the best running back to ever play the game. They capitalized for exactly one playoff win. They had one of the best receivers to play the game. Nothing. Now they have a franchise QB, which let's not forget they spent decades and many draft picks looking for, and once again, his time here is being wasted.

Fans weren't booing at Stafford. The poster above was right about that as well. They were booing because it didn't take long for them to suspect that they were once again being sold a bill of goods. That once again we brought in a hotshot coach after a 9-7 season just missed the mark who was supposed to take it to the next step, and instantly started showing signs of going the wrong direction. I was there and I'll tell you what, the booing started before the debacle of the third quarter. It definitely intensified then but the fans started booing earlier, not because they're bad fans, but because they're good fans that are told over and over again that this is the right time to believe, only to get disappointed. They're tired of the same story time and again. They're tired of different faces, yet the same promises and exactly the same disappointing results. Fans boo because they expect better. They're told to expect better. Yet it never happens.

My wife and I spent the afternoon downtown before the game. Everywhere you looked there were Lions jerseys and shirts. In every bar. Coming from every parking lot and parking deck. Filling every street within blocks of the Ford Field. There was excitement. There was energy. There was promise. There was hope. The first play of the game gave even more reason to show that there were reasons for these things. And then, nothing. Nothing except the same old Lions.

This organization squanders opportunity. Game after game, season after season, and now it's been so long that we can even talk lifetimes. That's why the fans booed.
    Last edited by sirrealone; September-13-18 at 02:15 PM.

^^ Good post. I am damn near done with this team. They fire a coach who had the best winning percentage in franchise history, [[ I know, 36-28 isn't saying much, but it is over .500 winning % ) to go after a Belichick assistant, that is suppose to be the " Smartest Guy in the Room", and Belichick assistants have a history of failure when they become HC's, except for Nick Saban, and he's made his mark on the College game, not the NFL where even he failed in his only opportunity with Miami.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-13-18 at 03:18 PM.

NFL Week-1 Power Ratings;

#29. Cleveland Browns
    #30. Detroit Lions: Detroit was thoroughly embarrassed in every phase of game Monday night. At least Matt Patricia is quickly establishing consistency.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; September-13-18 at 07:35 PM.

Quick reminder: The Lions' history is ugly. The team last won a championship in 1957 and have just one playoff victory in the six decades since. This season marks 25 years since the last division crown. It’s a staggering level of ineptitude. [[Det News 9/15/18)

Fact: 88% of teams that started the season 0-2 have missed the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Fact: 88% of teams that started the season 0-2 have missed the playoffs.
    Well...they are well on their way then. Hope they don't embarrass themselves again, on Sunday Night Football vs the Pats next week.

Stafford, Drummond, Blake, Cabrera, Martinez, Zimmerman, a slew of Red Wings on long-term deals who never did anything. Say what you want about Detroit owners but they're not cheap. Stupid? Yes, but not cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Well...they are well on their way then. Hope they don't embarrass themselves again, on Sunday Night Football vs the Pats next week.
    At 0-3, the playoff chance is a mere 2.9%......

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Hope they don't embarrass themselves again, on Sunday Night Football vs the Pats next week.
    Bellicheck loves to embarrass his former assistant after they leave. Plus, the Patriots lost yesterday which will only annoy him further. I could see the Lions losing by 40 or more. Easily.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast