Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Yawn.......knowing history usually repeats itself & after Quinn’s first Lions draft of 2017, the good news is the top seven picks last year all made the opening-game roster. However, other than Jamal Agnew, the not-so-good news is the rest......

Fact: 1 playoff Win in 61 years
    Fact: Longest playoff losing streak [[9 times) since 1991

SOL's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I thought Bawden was a FB?
    He is, but Quinn likes to utilize players that have multiple roles to fill. He could be a tight end, FB, as you've said, or even a quarterback. He played one in HS.

Attachment 35647

Wonder if anyone from MGT is still "high-five-ing" over the draft pics of Titus Young or Charles Rogers?

It is May. Here is the Lions' depth chart. File it away [[it's only May), go away [[on vacation), if you wish, and come back in 10 weeks.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...down/34894609/
    Last edited by emu steve; May-14-18 at 01:55 PM.

Las Vegas sports books have the Lions at 50-1 to win the Super Bowl. Don't feel bad; the Tigers are 350-1 to win the World Series. Meanwhile, the Vegas Golden Knights are at 3-1 to win the Stanley Cup right now.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Las Vegas sports books have the Lions at 50-1 to win the Super Bowl. Don't feel bad; the Tigers are 350-1 to win the World Series. Meanwhile, the Vegas Golden Knights are at 3-1 to win the Stanley Cup right now.

Just sayin'.
    Hey Ray, any development on the LV Raiders new stadium?

I had no leanings pro or con when Matt Patty was hired as our new coach. Certainly had nothing against him....we've just been through this so many times before. However after that last exhibition game, I'm beginning to wonder.

You tried a 68 yard field goal in an exhibition game because ? You already know what Prater is capable of doing. Were you trying to get your dead in the water offense to score 3 points from the wrong side of the field ? Seems to me you would have been better off letting your punting team practice downing the ball inside the 10. Even practicing a fake field goal would have been better.

You had Legarrette Blount running in the 4th quarter ? Why ? He's a 14 year veteran. What were you trying to accomplish ?

TJ Lang....What's going on here ? Is this guy so fragile at this point that there's already doubts he can't finish the year ? This offensive line is still offensive to watch, yet some people think they're the strength of the team. I have very serious doubts.

6-10, and possibly last place in the division.

A simple & routine criminal background check....SOL's.

Patricia comes in with a reputation of being really smart, and from what I've seen so far, he's spending more time trying to show everyone how smart he is and less time doing the job he actually should be doing. If he can settle down and just be the coach and leader that these guys need, they could have a good season. He is supposed to be the guy that can develops plays and schemes that fit to the strengths of his players, whereas many coaches try to mold players to fit their schemes. So far I haven't seen him do any of that, but then again, he's only been coaching for three games.

Every year I believe in my bones that we’ll go 11-5.

Every year I’m wrong.

If consistency is a constant, then I wish to remain consistently wrong.

5-11

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Patricia comes in with a reputation of being really smart, and from what I've seen so far, he's spending more time trying to show everyone how smart he is and less time doing the job he actually should be doing. If he can settle down and just be the coach and leader that these guys need, they could have a good season. He is supposed to be the guy that can develops plays and schemes that fit to the strengths of his players, whereas many coaches try to mold players to fit their schemes. So far I haven't seen him do any of that, but then again, he's only been coaching for three games.

I'll give him some time, but maybe he isn't the "Boy Wonder" everyone says he is. It's a bit different when you're sitting in the "Big Chair".

After 3-scrimmage's, wonder if consistent execution of blocking & tackling, along with passing/rushing basics are even listed in the playbook.

Well boys, another X-long inept season forthcoming.....you saw the 1-31 Browns shellacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Well boys, another X-long inept season forthcoming.....you saw the 1-31 Browns shellacking.
    Now that the Raiders traded Khalil Mack to the Bears, Lions might finish 4th, in the NFC North. He was a big grab for the Bears, to go along with 1st round pick, Roquan Smith. Why can't the Lions make moves like that?
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-01-18 at 02:10 PM.

Now that the Raiders traded Khalil Mack to the Bears, Lions might finish 4th, in the NFC North. He was a big grab for the Bears, to go along with 1st round pick, Roquan Smith. Why can't the Lions make moves like that?
    The Bears and the Pack have oodles of cap space. I've been back-and-forth on this, and I still think the Bears are a worse team, but I could see the Lions tying for last with them, both 6-10. I also don't think as highly as the Vikings as most seem to - there was a reason Washington wouldn't sign Kirk Cousins to a long-term deal. The Vikings D looked impressive against a lot of mediocre offenses, I don't know how good they really are. And the Packers are nothing without AR, and he's fragile [[and Mack could easily take him out of the season). This may be the hardest division to really forecast this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    The Browns had their FutureFranchise out in the first half, with some first line guys and some second, against Detroit's bubble players. and they had a mix of first and second stringers on D in the first half against more bubble players. Taking anything from that is an exercise in foolishness.

Then I found out they waived Anthony Zettel, and the Browns picked him up. He must have really sucked in camp, or he didn't fit Patricia's scheme.
    He was 2nd on the team in sacks last year, albeit it was only 5 or 6. Nothing surprises me with these Leo's.

Then I found out they waived Anthony Zettel, and the Browns picked him up. He must have really sucked in camp, or he didn't fit Patricia's scheme.
    He was 2nd on the team in sacks last year, albeit it was only 5 or 6. Nothing surprises me with these Leo's.
    Everything I've read suggests that Zettel was cut due to a lack of versatility. He was really good at some stuff but really bad at other stuff. Patricia has said multiple times that he favors players that can do many different things and make adjustments on a week by week or even play by play basis. If Zettel didn't have that versatility, it could explain why he was cut.

Same ole Lions!

Everything I've read suggests that Zettel was cut due to a lack of versatility. He was really good at some stuff but really bad at other stuff. Patricia has said multiple times that he favors players that can do many different things and make adjustments on a week by week or even play by play basis. If Zettel didn't have that versatility, it could explain why he was cut.

Gotcha !! It would surprise me if the Lions finished 3rd in the North. Chicago even looked pretty good last night, until Rodgers performed his magic, as he's known to do. Minnesota and GB are still the top dawgs. Lions just haven't made the improvements that the other teams have, especially on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Same ole Lions!

Oof,.. that may be wishful thinking unfortunately. They look even worse than SOL.

They would have probably won 10 under Caldwell this year. Tonight they looked like a 2 and 14 team.
    Last edited by Bigdd; September-10-18 at 09:44 PM.

Time to change this thread title to "Detroit [Lions] Continue to Die"?

UGH.

That is all, except to note that this was supposed to be the most winnable game on the Lions' tough early season schedule.

I thought the anti-Caldwell hate was ridiculous. l don't know if it was race or just delusional fans, but that team wasn't any good. He had the respect of the players and NFL and took a mediocre team to the playoffs.

He was 36-28, and two playoff appearance in four years. That's a fantastic record for Lions standards. No RB, no stud receivers, generally poor OL, below-average DBs, overrated QB and Caldwell delivered.

Jets fans should be very happy, BTW. I would not be surprised if Darnold were a stud QB tormenting the rest of the NFL over the next 15 years. He looked very cool under pressure.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast