Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Rochester Hills Homeowner Faces Charges....

More will come out as the investigation continues and it's hard to square shooting someone not in your house!

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...een/515895002/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f10f252f30e9

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...red-gun-at-him

Thank goodness the young man didn’t become “another statistic.”

Apparently walking while black is a potentially lethal situation in Rochester Hills. Very sad state of affairs in 2018.

I feel terrible for that kid. Now Zeigler.....a loose cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Apparently walking while black is a potentially lethal situation in Rochester Hills. Very sad state of affairs in 2018.
    Let's see - we have walking while black, knocking on a door while black, holding literally anything in your hand while black, hanging out in a Starbucks while black, carrying a perfectly legal gun with a carry permit while black. Have I covered everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    Let's see - we have walking while black, knocking on a door while black, holding literally anything in your hand while black, hanging out in a Starbucks while black, carrying a perfectly legal gun with a carry permit while black. Have I covered everything?
    Driving while black.

I'd like to know whether Jeffrey Zeigler was radicalized and if so, by whom?

His wife is on tape saying "Why did these people choose my house?"

Brennan Walker was alone.

He was charged with a felony and plead down to a misdemeanor in 2004 for firing a gun during a road rage incident on 696 in Warren.

This is why we need stronger gun laws. After he fired his gun during road rage in 2004 he should have lost his privilege to own guns and have them in the house he lives in.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    He was charged with a felony and plead down to a misdemeanor in 2004 for firing a gun during a road rage incident on 696 in Warren.

This is why we need stronger gun laws. After he fired his gun during road rage in 2004 he should have lost his privilege to own guns and have them in the house he lives in.
    Absolutely but, i'm sure you'll hear some "reasoning" as to why we shouldn't.

Should we blame the law or those that let this psycho plead out of the felony? it doesn't matter how strong the gun laws are if they are not being enforced.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; April-15-18 at 04:03 PM.

Let's just sum it up by saying "existing while black." That's enough to get you shot by a cop or a scared white person with a gun in America.

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised to see some of the DYes usual suspects haven't shown up yet to defend the homeowner.

From what I was reading the Starbucks thing was about the restroom being for paying customer use,it did not matter what race or color one was,but it was turned into a racist thing,instead of,okay moving on.

I have not seen anything on here that does not also happen to "White" people also,it just never becomes a media point.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    I must say I'm pleasantly surprised to see some of the DYes usual suspects haven't shown up yet to defend the homeowner.
    You just had to say it, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    You just had to say it, didn't you?
    It would have happened anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Driving while black.
    DWB is the Granddaddy of them all. It's a damn shame white people get so paranoid, when they feel threatened by a black person, even when that person is no threat. 14 year old kid almost gets killed just asking for directions. He'll probably be traumatized the rest of his life. This country has gone to the shitter, big time.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-16-18 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    From what I was reading the Starbucks thing was about the restroom being for paying customer use,it did not matter what race or color one was,but it was turned into a racist thing,instead of,okay moving on.

I have not seen anything on here that does not also happen to "White" people also,it just never becomes a media point.
    The barista called the police, which wasn't necessary. Those guys were Real Estate Agents that met up there to discuss something. I see plenty of people go to Starbucks, Duncan Donuts, etc... that don't buy anything, just go and sit down and be on their laptop, with nothing said.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-16-18 at 02:15 PM.

I've met people at SBucks several times for business meetings. Sure we drank some coffee but not the whole time. And once I drank nothing until the other person arrived. Glad I was not tossed out!

Yep. This was over-reacting. Especially as they were meeting someone else who'd probably already ordered and they may have ordered too. This is especially 'bad optics' for SBucks seeing as they have so bent over backwards to be PC and not racist. Hypocrisy, no?
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-16-18 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I've met people at SBucks several times for business meetings. Sure we drank some coffee but not the whole time. And once I drank nothing until the other person arrived. Glad I as not tossed out!

Yep. This was over-reacting. Especially as they were meeting someone else who'd probably already ordered and they may have ordered too. This is especially 'bad optics' for SBucks seeing as they have so bent over backwards to be PC and not racist. Hypocrisy, no?
    Hopefully this instance was an 'outlier' or 'one bad apple.' Starbucks needs to deal with it and move on.

This is a story to follow: did he lose his rights to own a gun? if so, where did he get his gun? Etc. etc.

This story needs more national attention for the gun issue involved, beyond the single criminal act. Getting covered in Washington Post is a good start.
    Last edited by emu steve; April-16-18 at 06:00 AM.

He fired off a shotgun, he may have had for years even prior to the 2004 incident. Yes, alot more needs to determined in this case!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    He fired off a shotgun, he may have had for years even prior to the 2004 incident. Yes, alot more needs to determined in this case!
    Agree. One question which should have been raised in 2004 is the status of any, and all, firearms in his possession.

Was he required to relinquish them?

How long before he could legally own firearms again?

This is like taking the keys to a car away from a drunken driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    The barista called the police, which wasn't necessary. Those guys were Real Estate Agents that met up there to discuss something. I see plenty of people go to Starbucks, Duncan Donuts, etc... that don't buy anything, just go and sit down and be on there laptop, with nothing said.
    They were not real estate agents according to the articles,they were there to do a pitch to a real estate investment company or vice versa,dressed in sweats.

Is it wise when asked to leave a premises to disregard the request and then once the police arrive and asked to leave another 3 times and continue to not leave?

Or is it better to leave when asked and file a report to corporate,all the police knew was he was asked to leave and when they were called they still refused to leave.

As far as this case,I am not defending anybody but baseing things on not finding anybody guilty without having the facts.

The way it was reported leaves a lot of questions.

They said the young man was their neighbor,was there history?

Was the young man a new neighbor and new to the school system?

My parents were the same way,if you missed the bus because you were dragging your feet then you were walking the 5 miles to school,but when you ride the bus twice a day you know how to get there.

When I see teenagers in my neighborhood during school hours the first thing that comes to my mind is why are they hanging out,most burglaries occurre here during the day by teenagers skipping school.

The newspaper made it a point to say he was a retired DFD the same newspaper that has reported many times in the past of DFD being attacked at fire scenes and equipment being stolen while at a fire scene,does that make one biased or racist.

The guy charged was sleeping and heard his wife yelling and was not aware of what was happening.

I was not there but if you knock on somebody's front door and they start yelling at you are you going to stay or go down the street and leave,how did he chase the young man into the yard?

Or was the young man at the back door and already in the yard,but anyways they posted that there was video but I was not there and until the whole story with facts is posted it is all just speculation.

Newspapers like to stir the pot with sensation then after the facts come out it becomes crickets,like when the woman went in front of the cameras and said her husband had a book in his hand and created lots of publicity and when the facts came out the video proved it was a gun in his hand,how much damage is done by creating something that is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    They were not real estate agents according to the articles,they were there to do a pitch to a real estate investment company or vice versa,dressed in sweats.
    Dressed in sweats, you say? The horror! Lock em up!

Apparently black men who dare to walk around in public must wear a tuxedo and top hat to avoid getting hauled off by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Dressed in sweats, you say? The horror! Lock em up!

Apparently black men who dare to walk around in public must wear a tuxedo and top hat to avoid getting hauled off by the police.

You are injecting color when it does not apply,no matter what race you are most people that are looking for funding or pitching a deal are going to dress appropriately.

I agree that dress code should not apply but there is a common mindset of dressing to impress when applying for a job or seeking funding,unless in this situation the roles were reversed and the two gentlemen were providing the funding which would bring up the whole why was the other guy late to the appointment.

They were hauled off by the police because they were asked to leave 3 times but refused,it does not matter what color you are if the police ask you to leave,you leave,it is not that complicated.

How nice of Richard to give shooter and manager the benefit of the doubt but to question the story of the people actually wronged. Hmmmm what is the difference?... I can't figure it out...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast