Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Vegas Golden Knights

Since I had to give up on my [[otherwise) beloved Red Wings for the last two years, God has decided to grant me joy in following my adopted home team of the Vegas Golden Knights! This town has gone nuts over them completely. The arena [[T-Mobile) is standing room only; as it was pretty much during the regular season. The owner, at the expansion draft, picked nothing but winners for the team; which also has depth when a few injuries took place during the season.

There are many ex-Detroiters who now live in the southern Nevada area. I would guess the Golden Knights are getting 100% loyalty from them.

Sorry, I just had to positively rant!

Good for you, Ray! I'd be right there with you. Gotta love a Cinderella story-line like this.

It could be noted that no expansion team has ever been afforded the benefits that the league provided in the draft/player selection process. However, the Knights were picked to be extremely bad before the season started. They have defied gravity in almost every way.

Goes to show that by simply changing the chemistry and/or assignment of a player might possibly unlock the superstar hiding inside. William Karlsson and Colin Miller are perfect examples. A few others are right there with them.

Watched part of their first playoff win the other night. They were right there hitting the shit out of what is regarded as a pretty tough Kings squad.

They're looking to prove themselves, and doing every bit of it. Enjoy the ride, and I hope the town embraces the organization for decades to come.

Interesting that they are rated 7-1 currently to win the cup, which is still a long way off. However, at the start of the season, the Vegas sports books had them at 800-1 to win the cup. Right now I'm wishing I had dropped a spare c-note on that action. Sigh.