Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Russian Five [[film)

My husband and I attended the premiere of the film The Russian Five, about the Russian Red Wing players who defected from the USSR to play hockey in Detroit. The film was wonderful and it was interesting to hear how they actually got these players out. Jimmy Devallano was there as was Darren McCarty and Vladdy Konstantinov. If you’re a hockey fan or
    a Red Wing fan, you will love it.

I was there as well. The film was very well done. I was a teenager back in the glory days of the Russian Five. I don't think I had the understanding of just what it meant on a worldwide scale; the impact on politics and changing the landscape of sports business.

I hope is sees a wider release across the region. This film tells a story that sports fans will love, but everyone can appreciate.

I can't wait to see this. There was another documentary a couple of years ago called Red Army that focused on their time in Russia. That was good also.

Have you watched a movie 'Battle for Sevastopol'? very engaging... It is a real story about a sniper woman.
    Last edited by Al Dav; July-01-18 at 12:42 PM.