Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Ok but we started off talking about voting. You can be a bigot in the voting booth and nobody has to know. That hasn't changed. The poster above implied Trump was to blame for decreasing the chances of minority candidates.
    Not trying to stray off topic here, but you leave me no choice. Whether you want to believe it or not, Trump is the blame for a lot things that is wrong in this country. I'm just calling it, like I see it, and I'm not alone in that assessment. He has created a very divisive, explosive environment, I call it the "Divided States of America" and that won't get cleaned up, until he loses or is booted out of office.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; August-04-18 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Not trying to stray off topic here, but you leave me no choice. Whether you want to believe it or not, Trump is the blame for a lot things that is wrong in this country. I'm just calling it, like I see it, and I'm not alone in that assessment. He has created a very divisive, explosive environment, I call it the "Divided States of America" and that won't get cleaned up, until he loses or is booted out of office.
    America has been going downhill for a long time. He's just the latest clown in a long running circus.

Absolutely no name calling or personal attacks are allowed.

Kindly keep our discussions civil and on topic.

Support Shri Thanadar for governor.

SHRI, SHRI ,SHRI!!!

And:

....What's puzzling you is the 'nature' of my game...

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guessed my name,
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-06-18 at 08:01 AM.

Hah! That will prove to be a loosing, emotion-based strategy; with a lot of broad-brushing by those plying it as a form of virtue signaling [[I'm good a white person - let me prove it!).

The extreme left crowd pushing this doctrine feel they'll all be 'somehow' exempted. Yet rhetoric aside, reasonable people tend to respond [[race withstanding) to how they are engaged, treated and integrate socially and politically.

Those who hated already will not be swayed.

Reasoning, respect and good will is NOT really motivated by self denigration [[you just look weak or fake).

I find the far left self-loathing 'anti-white' scene by white people especially, specious at best.

Who REALLY trusts anyone who denigrates their own race/ self?

I'd not if I were white. And I refuse to join in [[denigrating myself) as a black woman in solidarity.

I see no need to do so, emotionally, politically or otherwise.

Trump's not taking me THERE.

I don't find this world view advances nothing much beyond more racial resentment/ division/ suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    Trump's really forced the antiwhite Left out from behind the shadows. Look no further than this weeks debacle with the New York Times and Sarah Jeong. "All the antiwhite racism that's fit to print."
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-06-18 at 07:59 AM.

It's BOTH... there's [[notable percentage wise) the far left self-loathing anti-white [[White Crowd) and the alt-right white supremacist [[White Crowd).

Like most things political to policy to purpose and personal rarely is it 'either/ or'. It's usually 'both/ and'!

General media simply wash-spin things down to good vs bad: Dems good, Repubs bad.... Rebups good, Dems bad. Surface stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I was thinking more of the numerous nazi and white power rallies that have ensued since his election.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-05-18 at 08:32 AM.

Read and read between the lines [[read comment sections too):
    Get to know the Republicans: Schuette, Calley, Colbeck, Hines run for Michigan governor
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...nor/904807002/

Get to know the Democrats: Whitmer, El-Sayed, Thanedar run for Michigan governor
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ary/904805002/

Spending in Michigan's gubernatorial primary is at a record pace
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ace/848913002/
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-05-18 at 08:53 AM.

Wee-Wee and WEEE, but he is not going to win ---- !

But I somewhat like/ respect his fight/ strategy against obstacles such as his strong accent, etc. Good campaign!

I think we will hear more from Tannador beyond this race.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

SHRI, SHRI ,SHRI!!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-05-18 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The announced Dem candidates are an interesting mix, maybe a picture of what America is becoming.
    But is the Michigan electorate broad-minded enough/ready to elect one--an African American William Cobbs, a South Asian immigrant Sri Thanedar, an Arab-American Abdul El-Sayed and a woman Gretchen Whitmer?
    I'd suggest that it is what America already is. A country of immigrants, a melting-pot of the best of the world.

Pre WWII, nobody would have imagined an Irish president, let alone a Catholic one. My Catholic mother celebrated Kennedy's election with the same fervor that Obama's election brought to those of African heritage.

The diversification of America politics is nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    ...snip...As you may recall Snyder won from field of four where the other three groveled for and split up the TEA party vote leaving Snyder with the winning margin with the rest of the Republicans.
    Those who favor proportional representation in voting should read Lowell's explanation of how we got a moderate Republican rather than a Tea Party radical. Vote-splitting is a great thing. The best candidates come from those who can unite diverse groups.

It might be Gretchen Whitmer vs.Bill Schutte and hear is why:

Shri Thanadar, first East Indian Michigan political candidate to run for Governor. Excellent businessman and maintains his code of conduct and religious tolerance for survival is this cultureless society. But He is not getting his face into the people of Michigan and deliver his plan to restructure our regional economy.

Abdul El-Sayed, first Arab-American Michigan political candidate to run for Governor. [[so far) He is very popular within the growing Arab and ethnic Muslim communities in Detroit, Hamtramck, Dearborn and other areas. But the rest of the rural areas on Michigan and a little bit of Islamophobic problems even from Trump supporters will keep him out the governor's race.

At least they tried. When it comes to political race, the color of race is the problem before the person's principles and ideals.

Oh well.

A Trump supporter for Governor. We are going to be blown away! Thank you out of work anti-Obama rural area Republicans. Keep it up with the Neo-Nazi Hitle---I mean Trump culture.

Like Trumpy said "AMERICA FIRST!!"
    Last edited by Danny; August-08-18 at 08:16 AM.

It might be Gretchen Whitmer vs. Brian Calley and hear is why:

Don't you mean Whitmer v.s. Schuette? With Schuette winning the general?

It's getting so that the most likely outcome is what used to be the least likely outcome.

SHRI, SHRI ,SHRI!!!
    Some of his employees won't be voting for him: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Avomeen-A...rvices/reviews

about 15% of precincts are reporting.. looking like it will clearly be whitmer vs schuette

Don't forget there's an existing wedge between African-Americans and Arab-Americans as well [[predating Trump and 911). El-Sayed did better than Shri, but no way was he going to get the larger A-A Detroit vote.

....Abdul El-Sayed, first Arab-American Michigan political candidate to run for Governor. [[so far) He is very popular within the growing Arab and ethnic Muslim communities in Detroit, Hamtramck, Dearborn and other areas. But the rest of the rural areas on Michigan and a little bit of Islamophobic problems even from Trump supporters will keep him out the governor's race.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-08-18 at 07:53 AM.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Absolutely no name calling or personal attacks are allowed.

Kindly keep our discussions civil and on topic.

You're no fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You're no fun....

Hey, I can't login....

^^^ Maybe you'll be paroled for good behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Also at NY Times. Click on county to show county results. Abdul, for instance, received a higher percentage of votes in Grand Traverse County than in Wayne County. However, Muslim candidate Rashiba Tliab edged out black candidate Brenda Jones 33%-29% to win the U.S. House 13th District primary race and is likely to become the first Muslim U.S. Congresswoman. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...elections.html
    Last edited by oladub; August-08-18 at 08:46 AM.

I can’t afford to be “blown away” again. If Michigan regresses back to the Granholm era, I’ll be fucking off quick smart

I am surprised at how Schlutte absolutely crushed Calley. Calley was curb-stomped.

Wittmer did as expected.

Now, we will be assaulted with a fusillade of negative advertising.

Oh, joy.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast