Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Mr. Fieger's route to his net worth and apparent inclusion in the .01% club has been an impressively rare one for the plaintiff's attorneys who attain private jet status. The vast majority of the plaintiff's attorneys who get to the very top of the net-worth ladder get there from handling mass-tort and other class action matters. The Fieger firm doesn't specialize in that stuff. Rather, it specializes in catastrophic injury cases for mostly individual clients. Getting those kinds of cases to generate big payouts requires an ability to take cases to trial and win. It's hard work. Trials in the mass-tort area are much rarer. The Fieger firm handles non-catastrophic injury cases as well but your fender bender sore neck case is likely going to get referred to someone else.
    I'm seeing this late because the post was refreshed, but ding ding ding, Swingline. There are 30,000 lawyers in Michigan, and this is one of two lawyers in Michigan that get these kinds of verdicts with regularity. And the other doesn't advertise on TV but is high profile.

For the people who make this a lawyer issue, think about how many lawyers you see high profile or advertising on TV. 20? 30? In Metro Detroit so that makes maybe 50 in Michigan? 100? What percent of 30,000 is that?

Mike Morse makes others lawyers' skin crawl too.

And yes Fieger refers those 1st party cases out. Especially now.

This auto stuff has made much more "physicians" wealthy than lawyers...I know many blue collar lawyers who make about as much as a union worker or other similar jobs[[because lawyers...especially solos...have to get their own bennies). My point is that the majority of lawyers in this state are like the rest of us. They just can argue more assholey when they decide to.

I have yet to meet a physician that isn't relatively wealthy. Seriously. I can't think of one, and for work I'm around a ton from multiple medical systems and private PCs, in Detroit and smaller communities. Not one. And there are as many of them as there are lawyers. I think 1.1 million of each in the US.

Top end money lawyers and big law firm lawyers make more than physicians, no doubt, but unlike it is portrayed they are really a small percentage. As an overwhelmingly majority thing, I'd take physician as a career if the criteria is money.

Fun fact - Mike Morse's sister hosts a SiriusXM show called Sex with Emily [[Morse). Really, life is stranger than fiction.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...er/2287905002/

^^ She was broke, and filed bankruptcy in 2009, now she lives in a 2 million dollar home? Hell of a come back, in 10 years. How does that work? Doesn't pass the smell test to me.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; June-20-19 at 07:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2