Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mike Wins! Detroit Tort Lawyers

Television is such a powerful medium, that when I react as strongly about a personality, as I do about Lawyer Mike Morse, I have to stop and challenge myself as to why I'm having such a strong visceral response to this guy? Is it me? Or is it Mike? Or is it the medium?

The pixilation of Mike Morse on my Sony just doesn't help his image, in my minds eye at all. I do not know the man. I have never done business with his firm. Nor do I know anyone personally who has had any dealing with him. But the dude makes my skin crawl!

He is certainly an eager beaver when it comes to ferreting out potential clients. But these settlements that he and his competitors are apparently getting for just about everyone - really? So, that is the first thing that doesn't ring true. But my distaste for Mike Morse goes much deeper. It begins with his mother; a proud, loving woman to be sure - but when I first saw her appear in one of her son's commercials fondly fondling the memories of the unblemished, apple cheeked boy who was her little Mikey, well, I just went ashen and my jaw slackened, and bile poured forth from my gaping mouth.

And this latest story arc where "Mike gives back to the community" - well, yes there he is, in some black family's home, "giving back" - but I'm not buying it. He registers with me as being a smarmy, unctuous, new age ambulance chaser who just brings out the shivers in me! Let me hold Mickey York's water bottle in the 1-800-CALL SAM studio, or give me the highly entertaining Carl Collins III, any day of the week, but please, dear Lord, banish MIKE MORSE to the brier patch of ignoble television lawyers! PLEASE!

I would imagine that most of thier settlements are big.

The point of all the advertising is to get A LOT of potential clients through the door. Then send the bad cases home, and the small cases and the ones that will be hard to win to other smaller firms,... leaving only the slam-dunk, big-bux cases for him and his staff to litigate.

Their firm gets a cut of the winnings from those other cases,.. which defrays much of the cost of the advertising.

Same with Sam Bernstein, Jeffrey Feiger etc.

I know a new attorney, fresh out of law school that mostly handles Feiger throw-away cases.

I don't know who's worse...Morse or Feiger with his black history month commercials.

Of course Mike's mom is there, he's a good, wholesome, upstanding momma's boy. Pay no attention to all of his sexual assault lawsuits.

Fieger is sketchy but he's transparently sketchy. I'm not sure how he handles the cognitive dissonance between emotionally abusing his employees and the people in his life, and fighting for "the people".

The Bernsteins have their commercials too, but as far as I know, everything they have said about themselves is actually true.
    Last edited by Jason; April-02-18 at 03:44 PM.

Feigers an idiot. 'Nuff said.

IMO just about all of these ambulance chasers are scum. They act like they're doing the world a favor, but their main objective is to reach into any deep pockets they can find. The worst part is we all end up paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    IMO just about all of these ambulance chasers are scum. They act like they're doing the world a favor, but their main objective is to reach into any deep pockets they can find. The worst part is we all end up paying for it.
    EXACTLY! Blood boiling topic here!
    So sick of these commercials. They are all you see. More prevalent at times of the day and night when they know deadbeats are laying around at home looking for their next paycheck. People don’t have morals anymore and if they can catch a case on some big companies dime there is NO shame. This gets me thinking of how many fake a$$ system workers I seen this weekend around town. New cars full of people all able-bodied walking no problem. Where are the checks and balances anymore??? Lawyers and crooked doctors pushing this. And ya us working stiffs foot the bill. Makes me wanna puke. Tighten the damn laws and make everyone pull their own!! F#%K!!!!
    Listened to 3 lawyer commercials just writing this!

I agree with everyone. Trying to catch the news in the morning or evening is enough to bring on the gag reflex. I can't imagine how much they have to pay the talent[[?) to broadcast the news that we're subjected to a continuous flow of Mike Morse and the Bernstein family.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Yes we do pay for it. The sheer volume of SE Michigan lawyer advertising on tv generates millions of dollars of no-fault PIP claims per month that likely wouldn't otherwise be made. Hospitals and medical providers charge auto carriers triple and quadruple what Blue Cross will reimburse for the same service. "Attendant care" reimbursements for family members are understandably popular in low income neighborhoods. Result: more claims at an unnecessarily high average cost [[$50,000 plus per claim). It amounts to a wealth transfer from folks paying auto premiums to medical and legal professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalis View Post
    Television is such a ...
    ... load of bull, I turned it off about 4 years ago. More people should do that.

I can't stand Fieger's newest commercial. He seems to be doing the exact same pose as Angelina Jolie when she was trying so hard to make sure her leg showed through the giant slit at the Oscars a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by gencinjay View Post
    I can't stand Fieger's newest commercial. He seems to be doing the exact same pose as Angelina Jolie when she was trying so hard to make sure her leg showed through the giant slit at the Oscars a few years back.
    hahahaha true!

That's an image - him doing that! Yargh! ------

Quote Originally Posted by gencinjay View Post

^^^ Yes, the attorney spots are so frequent and unyielding I almost don't see them. But in reality it's crap. Most TV news too. Much of it is surface with little followup. You have to dig behind the smiles, ties and wagging legs.

When the anchors get on the couch talking, I know for sure were done with any real news. But sometimes it's ok as info-tainment I suppose. Depends on what is being discussed or hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's an image - him doing that! Yargh! ------
    Zacha - The stance....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI805F2t1XU

Be careful y'all. Feiger and Morse are probably drafting libel complaints against you already.

The big problem is stupid, impressionable jurors who are mesmerized by these actors and give away other people's money like water.

Shucks that's not so bad. I stand like that too owing to one leg being three-eight inches longer! My, I must see my chiropractor this week! ----

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Zacha - The stance....
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-10-18 at 05:56 AM.

What's wrong with his arms? Why are the sleeves so tight? No wonder his hair looks like that, he can't possibly reach up there to comb it.

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    What's wrong with his arms? Why are the sleeves so tight? No wonder his hair looks like that, he can't possibly reach up there to comb it.
    I was thinking the same..LMAO

How can we not have some sort of tort reform?

People seem to think 30 million dollars is the going rate these days, a nice pro sports annual salary...

The reality is there are a whole lot of high insurance premiums and tax dollars going into settling lawsuits.

The lawyers do not care if it is sustainable. They spend millions making sure that there are never any limits on the jury verdicts.

Fieger fights for you! What a load of crap. He couldn't give a shit about the high cost of insurance in Detroit or the 100s of millions he peeled off the city before the bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    How can we not have some sort of tort reform?

People seem to think 30 million dollars is the going rate these days, a nice pro sports annual salary...

The reality is there are a whole lot of high insurance premiums and tax dollars going into settling lawsuits.

The lawyers do not care if it is sustainable. They spend millions making sure that there are never any limits on the jury verdicts.

Fieger fights for you! What a load of crap. He couldn't give a shit about the high cost of insurance in Detroit or the 100s of millions he peeled off the city before the bankruptcy.
    Some on here might have better inside information re the Fieger firm, but it doesn't really seem that the Fieger firm's business model relies on a high volume caseload of 1st party PIP cases. They certainly take them on, but it seems that they focus more on liability cases that are lower volume but produce [[when they win at trial or get a settlement) much larger fees per case. The liability cases are not driving Michigan's brutal premium increases. PIP cases are the problem. It is not unheard of for some of these PIP-focused law firms to run shuttles for clients to use to get to medical appointments and physical therapy sessions. It pays because the lawyers are effectively getting a percentage of what the medical provider bills. In PIP cases you have to keep the churn going.

In other words, Fieger is a much smaller part of the out-of-control auto insurance premium problem than the other big legal advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post

You should see his home. I've been to an event at his palatial home, and his waterfront backyard is something out of a movie. Feiger must have a very hefty net worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    You should see his home. I've been to an event at his palatial home, and his waterfront backyard is something out of a movie. Feiger must have a very hefty net worth.
    Mr. Fieger's route to his net worth and apparent inclusion in the .01% club has been an impressively rare one for the plaintiff's attorneys who attain private jet status. The vast majority of the plaintiff's attorneys who get to the very top of the net-worth ladder get there from handling mass-tort and other class action matters. The Fieger firm doesn't specialize in that stuff. Rather, it specializes in catastrophic injury cases for mostly individual clients. Getting those kinds of cases to generate big payouts requires an ability to take cases to trial and win. It's hard work. Trials in the mass-tort area are much rarer. The Fieger firm handles non-catastrophic injury cases as well but your fender bender sore neck case is likely going to get referred to someone else.

I firmly believe that any lawyer or law firm that advertises how much money they "won" for their clients should be required to state how much they took in fees.

$1 Billion - and we took $333 Million of that in legal fees.

Some recent updates on the completely ethical, law abiding lawyer by the name of Mike Morse.

The brother-in-law of metro Detroit attorney Mike Morse controlled bank accounts that concealed millions of dollars in profits from an MRI center in which Morse held a secret — and unethical — ownership interest, according to a newly unsealed affidavit in federal court.The affidavit, signed last August by the brother-in-law's now-ex wife, was unsealed last week as part of a civil lawsuit by State Farm Insurance that is pending in U.S. District Court in Detroit.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2019/06/19/mike-mors-mri-center-state-farm-lawsuit/1485661001/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast