Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Colors or colours as in the British version?

If you really did not view in colors they would not exist and you would not refer to them,correct?

Your identity is defined by who you are as a person and how you treat others,the materialistic identity is a class warfare snobbish front.

I am educated so I am better then you,you cannot buy class.
    First, I don't see colour as you think of it. I am not obtuse about it, any more than failing to see what colour your shirt is; but just like that observation, I don't really care. It doesn't matter.

I have used certain terms here to address others who clearly prioritize colour in their thinking.

It merits no consideration beyond that, except where people make it a problem.

Your persistent BS about my attitude has got to stop.

You spew complete and utter nonsense in multiple threads on a near daily basis.

You have no clue what your talking about most of the time.

I could care less what school you did or did not attend.

I don't give a flying @#$% whether your parents had money or degrees [[mine had neither).

I blast a hole through you w/some frequency because I can not abide what are either lies or so grossly misinformed BS that to allow it to stand un-checked should be a crime.

The issue is not whether you're flawlessly articulate.

Nor whether you make the odd mistake of grammar.

Not even whether your make a guess at something and get it wrong.

Its that you state things as facts which are demonstrably untrue.

You either know your lying, or you should at least know you don't know what your talking about and should SHUT The @##$ UP.

Its ok not to know, but you should then spend time researching before commenting.

Alternatively, ask other forum members for their opinions and read.

Take a guess from time to time, but say its a guess and you're not sure.

Don't state as truth and fact that which is not.

The Earth is not Flat; 2+2 is not 6, and Donald Trump is not a respectable person, no matter how many times you say it. Period, Full Stop.

Secondarily, once and a while you seem to notice when you've been bested in an argument. But instead of saying "I stand corrected" Or "Thanks, I see where I went wrong there" You immediately change the subject. You deflect and move on with no reference to the fact you were clearly proven wrong.

That is exceptionally rude and uncivil. It has nothing to do w/your education in the formal sense.

I'll give your parents the benefit of the doubt and assume they taught you better.

So stop behaving like an ass, and I'll stop treating you like one.

In all honestly, I like being liked.

I want to treat people respectfully and thank them for their point of view or perspective.

A forum is a place for sharing ideas.

Which also means learning from others.

And there are posters here I learn from.

Lowell, Professor Scott, AJ, 3WC, MasterBlaster, and Ray, among others, all have intelligent things to say.

For that matter, so does Mr. Mouch, sometimes, though he's developed a bad habit of simply not posting in a thread once his point of view has been de-bunked.

And even BHAM who I give a righteously hard time to for his penchant for abrasive and flippant remarks, I have also posted to compliment on his views/posts from time to time.

Not you.

There's a reason.

Its not my snobbishness.
    Last edited by Canadian Visitor; March-18-18 at 09:15 PM.

Canadian Visitor, As a Canadian, I don't expect you to know or care about the U.S. Constitution but Article 1, Section 1 says that ALL legislative power is vested in Congress. Most Democrats and a lot of Republicans don't care, so why should you? Article 1, Section 8 specifically delegates the power to create uniform naturalization law to Congress. When a President who laid out why he could not Constitutionally legislate major immigration changes but then did so, he violated his oath of office.

The U.S. has anywhere from an estimated 11M to 35M illegal non-citizens residing in the U.S.. 11M is not a small number. It represents an huge economic invasion driving down wages of Americans unless you eschew supply and demand. Why should dreamers be treated differently than children of other law breakers? Children whose parents are convicted of bank robberies, fraud, and other misdemeanors and crime often find themselves in reduced circumstances upon their parent's conviction. Trump offered to more than double the number of 'dreamers' Democrats wanted to keep but Democrats wanted more. They didn't want to get rid of essentially open borders and stem the flow of diversity lottery and chain migration immigrants. The average age of 'dreamer children' is 24. My suggestion is to offset legal immigration quotas from their respective countries with 'dreamers' and not let 'dreamers' sponsor anyone but their own children or spouses. That, to me, seems a reasonable compromise. Democrats probably wouldn't like that either.

I agree that skilled and unskilled jobs will be more difficult to find for Americans in the future which is one reason to get illegal non-citizens competing for those jobs removed.

Definitions of invasion included:
    2) an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.
    3) an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.

Getting back to the definition of 'invasion'. It is not something that government or Canadian citizens, for that matter, have the sole power to define. Unemployed American workers and American's who see their own children's educations being compromised to accommodate illegal non-citizen children, for instance, often perceive the illegal non-citizens as invaders. The best reaction would be to for vote politicians who prioritize Americans hoping those they elect won't do something else. What I would like those politicians to do is to severely punish cheating employers who profit from hiring cheaper foreign labor. I don't even see Trump doing that. If cheating employers suffered severe penalties, most illegal, non-citizens would find their own way back home and round-ups wouldn't be necessary.

Your leader isn't keeping his word either. Bless him though for taking as many illegal non-citizens from the States as he has. You should get after him to keep his promise. “To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada.”
    Last edited by oladub; March-19-18 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Just saying.
    There are some that are so full of hate for anything or anyone not just like them that they can't see straight. I keep hoping they'll be filtered out, but their hate is festering like an infected wound and degrading the health of the nation/patient. The Monster At 1600 has only hastened that degradation and lead to speculation the patient may not survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    First, I don't see colour as you think of it. I am not obtuse about it, any more than failing to see what colour your shirt is; but just like that observation, I don't really care. It doesn't matter.

I have used certain terms here to address others who clearly prioritize colour in their thinking.

It merits no consideration beyond that, except where people make it a problem.

Your persistent BS about my attitude has got to stop.

You spew complete and utter nonsense in multiple threads on a near daily basis.

You have no clue what your talking about most of the time.

I could care less what school you did or did not attend.

I don't give a flying @#$% whether your parents had money or degrees [[mine had neither).

I blast a hole through you w/some frequency because I can not abide what are either lies or so grossly misinformed BS that to allow it to stand un-checked should be a crime.

The issue is not whether you're flawlessly articulate.

Nor whether you make the odd mistake of grammar.

Not even whether your make a guess at something and get it wrong.

Its that you state things as facts which are demonstrably untrue.

You either know your lying, or you should at least know you don't know what your talking about and should SHUT The @##$ UP.

Its ok not to know, but you should then spend time researching before commenting.

Alternatively, ask other forum members for their opinions and read.

Take a guess from time to time, but say its a guess and you're not sure.

Don't state as truth and fact that which is not.

The Earth is not Flat; 2+2 is not 6, and Donald Trump is not a respectable person, no matter how many times you say it. Period, Full Stop.

Secondarily, once and a while you seem to notice when you've been bested in an argument. But instead of saying "I stand corrected" Or "Thanks, I see where I went wrong there" You immediately change the subject. You deflect and move on with no reference to the fact you were clearly proven wrong.

That is exceptionally rude and uncivil. It has nothing to do w/your education in the formal sense.

I'll give your parents the benefit of the doubt and assume they taught you better.

So stop behaving like an ass, and I'll stop treating you like one.

In all honestly, I like being liked.

I want to treat people respectfully and thank them for their point of view or perspective.

A forum is a place for sharing ideas.

Which also means learning from others.

And there are posters here I learn from.

Lowell, Professor Scott, AJ, 3WC, MasterBlaster, and Ray, among others, all have intelligent things to say.

For that matter, so does Mr. Mouch, sometimes, though he's developed a bad habit of simply not posting in a thread once his point of view has been de-bunked.

And even BHAM who I give a righteously hard time to for his penchant for abrasive and flippant remarks, I have also posted to compliment on his views/posts from time to time.

Not you.

There's a reason.

Its not my snobbishness.

So who designated you as the thread police,it is a discussion forum,people post their opinions and views,who are you to suppress that and call them out because you have different views.It is not your job.

Just because somebody has a different opinion or view on a subject it does not make them any less of a person but you seem to want to suppress those who you do not agree with.

Just because you do not like our currant president you feel discussion over with,as you posted,that is your problem if you embrace political oppression,not mine.

This country is set up with a multi party system where everybody does not agree with everything,that is the whole pourpose of it,if everybody agreed with everybody else then it might as well be a dictatorship.

If you cannot understand that then maybe you need to look at how you think,and maybe not spend so much time dictating how others should think.

^^^ You two need a room......

Irrespective of all the mind numbing unreadable crap arguments from CV, make no mistake about it, the successful Caucasian countries as per European, Australia and eventually America are being INVADED by ILLEGAL fiscal “refugees” from shithole areas of the world - except Canada of course, which is a special case, for all those that can’t get in anywhere else; they will take everybody; including Americans.
    Last edited by coracle; March-19-18 at 03:55 PM.

^ unless you are an American with a felony,then you cannot get past the border,so it is okay for them to enforce their laws but when we do it we are racist.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    If the many non-Caucasian countries hadn’t experienced the actions of the former colonial empires they would be even father behind than they currently are.

The big difference now between the two groups, is that when the colonials found they were no longer wanted they left, whereas the non-Caucasians that have invaded Caucasian countries never leave. They are still not building the their own countries and they’re not enhancing the countries they invade.
    Sorry friend, storm front.org is down the road. I think you're in the wrong spot, Adolf.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Sorry friend, storm front.org is down the road. I think you're in the wrong spot, Adolf.
    I’m not your friend, but thanks for re-printing my post so it can be read again.

From the Free Press a few days ago:
    Detroit St. Paddy's pub refused to serve Irish people — to make a point.

Guy sets up a temporary bar so he can ban Irish people from it on St. Patrick's Day. Yes, he was inviting confrontation but for good reason.

The general sentiment [[is) that we're becoming more and more anti-immigrant," he said. "As we got closer to a day that celebrates immigrants, I thought if those two things collided, I thought maybe it’s a way to get people to think about how we act today....

To get people to think how we act.

If I run a red light that is illegal and I expect a ticket,no difference if somebody enters this country illegally they can expect the same accountability.

To compare Irish immigrants from the past is screwed up because the Irish immigrants came here leagly and went through the process.

Legal and illegal there is a difference and it does not make anybody racist or anti immigration to expect non Americans citizens to beholden to the same laws that apply to American citizens.

What exactly was the point he was trying to make? Other then publicity of the backs of illegal immigrants,they are like little toys to play with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2