Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Current Plymouth/Plymouth Township?

I was bopping around the area [[virtually) this morning on GEarth and see a bunch of changes since I was last there. OK, it was 20-25 years ago, so changes are expected.

When did the shoppes of the Old Village area vanish? I couldn't find any of the bakery or cafe' type places I remember. Even downtown [[what there was of it) doesn't look familiar.

Then there's that contraption called Plymouth Community Center or whatever with the FD, clerk's office and other government offices.

Even the house I stayed in for a while appears to have been demolished and rebuilt to something much larger.

Somehow I don't remember a KMart on Ann Arbor road either, but that may just be faulty memory.

The Old Village is still there, please see Google Maps link below

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3793...7i13312!8i6656

Downtown Plymouth is stronger than ever, although a long time business closed last year at the main intersection [[Box Bar&Grill). Kellogg Park is a great "public square", something that is not too common in the Detroit area.

Plymouth-Canton is a top-30 State of Michigan school district with 3 high schools. Plymouth is a very affluent, sought-after area, with the added bonus of being so close to Ann Arbor.
    Last edited by masterblaster; March-10-18 at 03:19 PM.