Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Vinton Building question...

Has the redevelopement of the Vinton Building got past it's hurdles and came any closer to fruition?

This inquiring mind would like to know.

at this point....who knows?

You won't get an answer here. The people in the know here for some reason refuse to speak even when asked politely and then yell down people for not trying to fix up buildings with their own money.

Since Gumb's comment was obviously pointed at me. I know what's going on with the Vinton. I won't be posting any of it here. Why give a response when you have to deal with all the grief dished out here. You have all the arm chair preservationists with thier heads up thier ass picking apart everything you say and telling you you're doing everything wrong.

There are other developers who read this board. All of them have stopped contributing due to the crap.
    Last edited by ndavies; August-27-09 at 07:16 AM.

I don't blame you at all for keeping your private stuff private. It's no ones biz, but yours. I just wish you guys hadn't been donkey raped by KK and his toadies.

Well Ndavies have you ever heard of ignoring certain idiots around here. The vast majority of us on here are just curious. You can't take what anonymous morons say on a message board to heart. I applaud the efforts you and other investors have put into the Vinton. A lot of people [[not just developers) have stopped posting to this board because of the crap.

PS: I apologize if my last post sounded a little assholish, just reread it and it does sound that way to me.

The Vinton partners have been more than generous in sharing their story over time and, in a number cases, have unfortunately had to put with grief. I don't blame them for choosing to go mum. I would too. I know it is the nature of forums for a few to get righteous and overbearingly say what they think should be done, while not actually do anything of course.

Try to find out what is happening with the dumpsters at the United Artists or what's up with the Broderick or the Whitney. You won't.

EastSider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    There are other developers who read this board. All of them have stopped contributing due to the crap.
    I'd rather have them...I don't know...developing stuff instead of turning to this blog for either ideas or to refine their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by EastSider View Post
    I'd rather have them...I don't know...developing stuff instead of turning to this blog for either ideas or to refine their plans.
    Why would they want your ideas or input from anyone else?

I think the developers on this board should be allowed a locked posting to give us updates, then those who want to bitch can make their own topics to post their opinions leaving the developers free from bullshit.

That way those of us who are genuinley curious about what's going on can get our fix from those who are informed rather than from innuendo and rumors!

Just an idea

Sorry I asked - just curious.

I know there have been problems, I guess I was just hoping to hear
    "Moving along, slowly but surely" or something like that.

It is such a great building, and I was very excited to hear and see the story when the project started. I really hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by thnk2mch View Post
    Sorry I asked - just curious.

I know there have been problems, I guess I was just hoping to hear
    "Moving along, slowly but surely" or something like that.

It is such a great building, and I was very excited to hear and see the story when the project started. I really hope it works out.
    There is nothing wrong with asking. There is a sign inside of the building saying "Everything is going to be alright". I would like to know what is the holdup on the Shields pizza restaurant idea. I would like to see the best for my downtown. Developers who read this site should not be so sensitive but understand that residents care about what is going on and want a thriving downtown again; especially when it had been reported that a new restaurant is coming to downtown detroit.