Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Downtown pop up structures

Does anyone have information about these terrific glass houses they use for the pop-up stores? I have asked the vendors and examined them, but can't determine where they are made. They would make a great back yard greenhouse for my yard if not outrageously expensive.

You may want to reach out to Bedrock since they are the ones who put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
    Does anyone have information about these terrific glass houses they use for the pop-up stores? I have asked the vendors and examined them, but can't determine where they are made. They would make a great back yard greenhouse for my yard if not outrageously expensive.

Nothing concrete, [[yuk, yuk) but I did find a google link with different kinds, sizes, and prices, and one from Wal-Mart. Good luck....

https://www.google.com/search?q=temp...dTKP6GjaqxV5M:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Palram-Na...&wl13=&veh=sem

I was on the crew that built the bars in Cadillac Sq and Capital Park and supplied all the re-claimed lumber, and happened to grab one of the brochures and accompanying DVDs on the glass houses. I will look for them in my garage and get the info in the next couple days.

I would never buy anything from WM ... ever.

If there are Harbor Freight stores in the area, they have a couple that aren't too bad.

Also check Big Box home stores like Home Depot and possibly Meijer's.

Really all depends on your budget, your assembly abilities, how long you expect it to last and whether or not you want it portable in any way.

They are made by a Belgian Co. called Janssens NV. The models that adorn Cadillac Square are the EOS Junior-T. Looking at similar ones on-line they seem to be rather pricey, around 7-9K.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    They are made by a Belgian Co. called Janssens NV. The models that adorn Cadillac Square are the EOS Junior-T. Looking at similar ones on-line they seem to be rather pricey, around 7-9K.
    Yep, you are right. I looked them up and the least expensive seems to be about $5K and they go up from there.