Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Lol, your source is some random person's blog?

Here's a picture of MCM's board of directors, how many women do you see?

http://www.mcm-us.com/about-us/executive-board

If you need help counting, you can use all your fingers and all your toes.

Your bullshit blog is cited in the Snopes article and they PROVE it's bullshit.

So your bullshit blog simply cherry-picked photos of women from these engineering firms social media sites and put them together in a collage. Strike one for your Fake News bullshit.

Strike two for you: actual images from the bridge construction show a mostly male crew.
    https://twitter.com/CommishDiaz/stat...36353547268096

Strike three: Your bullshit Sandra Rose blog FALSELY claims that an MCM engineer named Leonor Flores was the project manager for the bridge. This is false. Proof below from Florida International University's website:

https://news.fiu.edu/2018/03/communi...-street/120395

Now, cite your evidence or retract your bullshit claims. If there was an all-female team, prove it.
    Hahaha. AJ, you make this look so easy. And I would add that this last rebuke of yours is easily the most direct stance I have seen you take in response to Richard; however you've [[once again) provided multiple sources and factual info to back your stance. Well done - keep that misinformation in its place! It's a wonder he even keeps trying that crap.

aj, I also read both an article about women designing the bridge and the Snopes response. Snopes made the better case. There are at least two companies involved. MCM is a very politically Republican involved Miami outfit that snags federal contracts. MCM turned the actual design and work over to FIGG which has a history of beautiful bridges and some fines for safety violations.

Not being able to find any substantiation regarding women designers, I still wondered within the context of a sleuthing adventure I once had. Remembering that my Hillary leaning Congressman once had a unaccountably large contribution from an out of state engineering firm, I wondered if a new federal construction project in my district a few years later was by the same out of state firm. It was. Following the trail, I found three large construction firms associated with shell firms operated by women, Native-Americans, and Asian Americans. It turns out that these identity group firms could win no bid federal contracts. I couldn't find any Indians, for instance, on the board of the Native-American shell firm but looks can deceive as in the case of Senator Warren. There was also a NY City litigation firm, a Netherlands money laundering firm, and an individually run California bank with no apparent branches involves along the trail. Still, I couldn't prove anything so I turned all my research over to reporters at the two largest newspapers in the district. I never received a reply. A few months later when the Congressman paid a visit to our local county seat, I put my name on a list to ask questions. After about 25 other people asked their questions and half the attendees had drifted away, my question was allowed. I was saved to last. I wondered if one of the papers had started asking questions and I had somehow become notorious enough to save my possibly embarrassing question to last. Although I could find nothing about this Florida bridge collapse except for the disbarment of the very political MCC owner and some performance lawsuit issues at FIGG, I am still reminded of the swirl of shady things my Congressmen was involved in.
    Last edited by oladub; March-23-18 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Hahaha. AJ, you make this look so easy. And I would add that this last rebuke of yours is easily the most direct stance I have seen you take in response to Richard; however you've [[once again) provided multiple sources and factual info to back your stance. Well done - keep that misinformation in its place! It's a wonder he even keeps trying that crap.
    Lol,this is coming from the one who still has not provided the link to the Russian collusion proof that you said you had.

So you are thinking that the tweets are fake also? You two do live in a bubble.

Anyways,yep,still waiting on that link.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Lol, your source is some random person's blog?

Here's a picture of MCM's board of directors, how many women do you see?

http://www.mcm-us.com/about-us/executive-board

If you need help counting, you can use all your fingers and all your toes.

Your bullshit blog is cited in the Snopes article and they PROVE it's bullshit.

So your bullshit blog simply cherry-picked photos of women from these engineering firms social media sites and put them together in a collage. Strike one for your Fake News bullshit.

Strike two for you: actual images from the bridge construction show a mostly male crew.
    https://twitter.com/CommishDiaz/stat...36353547268096

Strike three: Your bullshit Sandra Rose blog FALSELY claims that an MCM engineer named Leonor Flores was the project manager for the bridge. This is false. Proof below from Florida International University's website:

https://news.fiu.edu/2018/03/communi...-street/120395

Now, cite your evidence or retract your bullshit claims. If there was an all-female team, prove it.

See there you go again picking parts to suit your agenda.

MCM is the contractor

So why are you babbling on about the contractor when I clearly posted reference to the engineers?

Yes or no?

Figg was the engineers

You do realize that the engineers design the bridge and then the contractors build it according to the engineers specification.

You ever see an engineer actually building something?

Who owns Figg? Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    While there's lots of suitable actions being taken to try to ensure school shootings don't happen again, and rightly so; with fingers being pointed at numerous people and organizations; there's been little/no information yet on the possible culprits of the Florida bridge collapse.

Wonder why the media is keeping silent on the causes of this tragic loss of 6 other Floridian innocent lives? Does the trail lead back to politicians, persons, corporations etc. that they would prefer not to implicate?
    Coracle, please take this as constructive criticism: Maybe the issue is your choice of news sources.

Just one media outlet that has been investigating the possible culprits of the Florida bridge collapse: the New York Times.

You can find ample information about this in the dozens of New York Times articles that appear in the google search results:

https://www.google.com/search?q=flor...%3Anytimes.com

Here are two:

Engineer of Florida Bridge Reported Cracks Days Before Collapse
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/u...ge-cracks.html

Crack on Florida Bridge Was Discussed in Meeting Hours Before Collapse
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/u...pse-crack.html

In fact, they identified the contractor responsible for the design and construction [[Figg) and raised questions about their "accelerated construction" approach almost immediately after the collapse:

Several Dead After Walkway Collapse in Miami
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/u...-collapse.html

They have also called into question the decision by the state transportation agency not to temporarily close the road during risky stages of construction. And Florida International University, which is ultimately responsible for managing their employees and contractors and the work that they do. You can read this in the first article I cited, and others.
    Last edited by bust; March-23-18 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    See there you go again picking parts to suit your agenda.

MCM is the contractor

So why are you babbling on about the contractor when I clearly posted reference to the engineers?

Yes or no?

Figg was the engineers

You do realize that the engineers design the bridge and then the contractors build it according to the engineers specification.

You ever see an engineer actually building something?

Perhaps you will one day learn to shut your mouth and let people believe you are a fool, rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

The Lead Engineer was Denney Pate [[hint, he's a man)

He was the one working for FIGG who phoned about the cracking in the structure prior to it failing [[which may or may not be related)

His phone call can be heard here.

https://soundcloud.com/miamiherald/v...-in-fiu-bridge

The owner of the firm is indeed a woman, Linda Figg who is the daughter of the founder, who inherited the business, and has been in charge since 2004.

14 years.

Regardless she was not the lead engineer.

As far as the so sad it's funny accusation this is the result of bad designs and decisions attributable to the inherent weakness of the female gender... Even if it were true the mistakes this time were made by a woman, how infinitely many bad designs and decisions have been made in the incredibly far from perfect world we live in? How many were made by men? Why don't those who make the absurdly sexist accusation apply the same judgment when the chromosomes don't suit their world view?

Unsurprisingly, this forum has been polluted with evidence that world view also includes racism, xenophobia, paranoia, extreme individualism, blind ignorance, and an eagerness to believe any theory and follow any leader that panders to their fears. What an ugly self-portrait they've painted for themselves.
    Last edited by bust; March-23-18 at 12:36 PM.

Canadian visitor maybe instead of being so quick with the mouth you should read what the discussion was about.

AJ posted about the contractor and stated that there were no women on the board,that was the basis of his whole little rant.Fact

I mentioned the design group which not only is owned by a woman but also has women on its board.Fact

Where you there physically and can you confirm that women were not involved in the design process?

Yes or no?

The guy that saw the cracks,was he a part of the design team?

Yes or no? He may be a lead engineer but apparently not that much of a lead if he is on the site.

Can you show the facts where the design team was onsite?

The whole crux of the discussion was you have a politically connected,woman owned design company as the answer to why or if it was being buried.

The are also lots of redactions by the university of previous statements they made before the accident and after.

Do a little research maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    As far as the so sad it's funny accusation this is the result of bad designs and decisions attributable to the inherent weakness of the female gender... Even if it were true the mistakes this time were made by a woman, how infinitely many bad designs and decisions have been made in the incredibly far from perfect world we live in? How many were made by men? Why don't those who make the absurdly sexist accusation apply the same judgment when the chromosomes don't suit their world view?

Unsurprisingly, this forum has been polluted with evidence that world view also includes racism, xenophobia, paranoia, extreme individualism, blind ignorance, and an eagerness to believe and theory and follow any leader that panders to their fears. What an ugly self-portrait they've painted for themselves.
    Well, the trick is to follow the discussion,read back to the original question or comment then come back to where the discussion is placeing blame on anybody.

The ones that did not read the orginial question or comment are the only ones throwing in or creating situations where they did not exist.

It is funny how the ones that are so quick to call others out and categorize are the ones that are not following along or injecting their own feelings or shortcomings into the discussion.
    Last edited by Richard; March-23-18 at 12:05 PM.

Canadian visitor maybe instead of being so quick with the mouth you should read what the discussion was about.

AJ posted about the contractor and stated that there were no women on the board,that was the basis of his whole little rant.Fact

I mentioned the design group which not only is owned by a woman but also has women on its board.Fact

Where you there physically and can you confirm that women were not involved in the design process?

Yes or no?

The guy that saw the cracks,was he a part of the design team?

Yes or no? He may be a lead engineer but apparently not that much of a lead if he is on the site.

Can you show the facts where the design team was onsite?

The whole crux of the discussion was you have a politically connected,woman owned design company as the answer to why or if it was being buried.

The are also lots of redactions by the university of previous statements they made before the accident and after.

Do a little research maybe.
    Combine that ignorant and ugly world view with self-righteous arrogance and a motor mouth.

What a bad look.
    Last edited by bust; March-23-18 at 12:05 PM.

Is the question "who owns the company" or "who was the design team?" I don't think the company's owner was designing the bridge, but keep on moving those goal posts.

Here you go Richard.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/u...ge-cracks.html

The report, by the lead engineer with the company in charge of the bridge’s design, was made in a voice mail message left for a Florida Department of Transportation employee. That employee was out of the office, however, and did not receive it until Friday, a day after the collapse.

The cracking was on the north end of the span but the company did not consider it a safety concern, according to a recording of the messagereleased by the Transportation Department.
    “We’ve taken a look at it and, uh, obviously some repairs or whatever will have to be done, but from a safety perspective we don’t see that there’s any issue there so we’re not concerned about it from that perspective,” said the engineer, W. Denney Pate. “Although obviously the cracking is not good and something’s going to have to be, you know, done to repair that.”
    Bolded and underlined for your reading comprehension. Denney Pate, the lead engineer, is a man. This has already been pointed out to you.

Still waiting on YOUR evidence though that the engineering team was "all-female." Still waiting...
    Last edited by aj3647; March-23-18 at 01:01 PM.

Just for fun, I did a Google search for Leona Flores described on a suspicious site as the "the lead engineer on the foot bridge project". Leona Flores is an engineer but I couldn't find evidence that she was the "lead engineer on this project". This is what came up:

Google "leona Flores MCM". At LinkedIn, it says her profile is not found. Unfortunately, her Facebook page disappeared too. An Instagram link describing Leona Flores as "the Project Director in Charge..." also disappeared - most likely coincidence that these links are down. Facebook had described her as the Project Director in charge of our educational division -not in charge of the bridge or at maybe one of the four job titles LinkedIn used to list for her. FIU describes Leona Flores as "a project director" but not specifically as the project director of the bridge. FIU later clarified that Leona Flores did not work on the bridge in any capacity. MCM seems to though if the link said to be taken down [[below) was real.

The story linked in the tweet has since been taken down. Munilla Construction =MCM. It calls the bridge "her work". Project engineer, project director, and project executive are all different so there is not necessarily a contradiction.
    On Sat., the local community gathered to watch the 950-ton @FIU Pedestrian Bridge move into place. In the crowd was FIU alumna & MCM's Project Exec. Leonor Flores, who got to share her work with her family. @FIUnews shares more about the special moment: https://t.co/1m5ek5NjOf
    — Munilla Construction [[@WeAreMCM) March 15, 2018

The evening of the failure the university went into a redaction mode of prior publicity announcements,some web sites are providing cached links.

Damage control as expected.

AJ and his fan club would not know plausible deniability if it bit them in the rear,there is a lot at stake here with civil suits,ongoing projects across the country and reassurances to the public that completed projects are safe.

These guys are like the Halliburton of bridge building with their embedded political connections.

Even the funding under the previous administration TARP program where the city put in 53,000 of a 14,000,000 university walkway is questionable at best.

It was switched from low priority to high priority when TARP kicked in to get the funding.All of the crumbling bridges and overpasses across this country and a university walkway receives priority funding?

$14,000,000 to build a concrete walkway across 6 lanes of road is a chunk of change.

They still have not been able to locate the crane operator,who left when it collapsed.
    Last edited by Richard; March-24-18 at 12:00 AM.

Stoneman Douglas Shooter Was Assigned To Controversial Broward Discipline Program, Officials Admit

Update: Nikolas Cruz who shot and killed 17 Broward County, Florida high school students was in the Promise Program. Until last month, his high school superintendent had claimed that Cruz was not in the program. But this Sunday, after scrutiny, when no one was listening, the superintendent stated that after aggressively analyzing Cruz's records that Cruz had been in the program designed to limit on campus arrests. No wonder Al Gore chose Broward County officials to count his chads.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Google "leona Flores MCM". At LinkedIn, it says her profile is not found. Unfortunately, her Facebook page disappeared too. An Instagram link describing Leona Flores as "the Project Director in Charge..." also disappeared - most likely coincidence that these links are down. Facebook had described her as the Project Director in charge of our educational division -not in charge of the bridge or at maybe one of the four job titles LinkedIn used to list for her. FIU describes Leona Flores as "a project director" but not specifically as the project director of the bridge. FIU later clarified that Leona Flores did not work on the bridge in any capacity. MCM seems to though if the link said to be taken down [[below) was real.
    If I was the subject of a baseless Right Wing conspiracy theory, I'd take down my social media too. Just like how the parents at Sandy Hook have been repeatedly harassed and threatened by Alex Jones' acolytes accusing them of being "crisis actors", I'm sure this woman was similarly bombarded with harassment and death threats from mentally-ill conspiracy theorists eager to prove that women can't design or build bridges because their vaginas make them less smart than men. It's science, you see.

But of course, when you're a mentally-ill conspiracy theorist, any facts that prove you wrong are just "part of the conspiracy", so the fact that she took down her social media profiles for her own protection from the Richards of the world is just further proof that she's "part of the conspiracy." In reality, she's probably living in fear that some fucking psycho with an AR-15 is going to come a-knockin' on her door because he watched some YouTube video made by some other mentally-ill psychopath that falsely blames her for the bridge collapse because this is what happens when women dare to leave the kitchen.

^ hey can you get me a sandwich and a beer as long as your in the kitchen?

Time to think about banning cellphones and motorized vehicles. Another massacre in Texas this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Time to think about banning cellphones and motorized vehicles. Another massacre in Texas this morning.
    How about banning Pressure cookers and Metal Pipes?
    Sarcasm!

Honestly, what is up with people? I grew up shooting and blowing up things with fire crackers but I never had the urge to harm my fellow human being.

With all these horrific mass shootings that have been/are occurring it’s noticeable the media have backed off reporting on the cultural roots of the mass murderers unless they can suggest they’ve been associated with a despised white group or a white “van”. They’re usually “born in America”.
    Last edited by coracle; May-18-18 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    With all these horrific mass shootings that have been/are occurring it’s noticeable the media have backed off reporting on the cultural roots of the mass murderers unless they can suggest they’ve been associated with a despised white group or a white “van”. They’re usually “born in America”.
    I know, why can't they just stick it on those animals from latin countries like Chump does. At least, when the evil white boys do it, they have a "mental problem".

President Trump shoots off without thinking about consequences often. He is defending his 'animals' comment to have been about the MS13 members. Not all Latins. Even some of the main stream media outlets have had to clarify... yet it will be added to his baggage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/u...ry-cities.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/17/polit...ump/index.html

I know, why can't they just stick it on those animals from latin countries like Chump does. At least, when the evil white boys do it, they have a "mental problem".

I guess true-doh! didn't have much to say today, again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tel...gton-park/amp/

How about the ghosts of 75,000 murdered people come back to haunt the Gina Haspels of this world.
    You reap what you sow... maybe, eh?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theg...d-files-stolen

What do they call it in Canada when "an evil white boy" kills 10 people, an "incel attack"? You know what incels are in Canada. Incels, according to the NY Times, incels harbor resentment against women for rejecting them on their webpages and probably rage at "Chads" whom they suspect of having access to or wanting to grab parts of the female anatomy. They are a potentially dangerous lot if the NY Times is to be believed. It wouldn't be surprising to find out that the Texas shooter was also an incel based on reports of his being bullied at school.

According to CNN, of all sources, maybe the NY Times can't always be trusted as forthright. I noticed your point about sticking it to "those animals from latin countries". While its always fun to pull out the race card, CNN pointed out that Trump's comment about animals came directly after a sheriff brought up MS -13 problems. True, Trump used pronouns so he could have been referring to all people from latin countries but context often counts. Of course, you might not be trying to spin the story. Maybe you just have a kinder, gentler take on MS-13 than Trump, [[AKA "Chump" or "Pussy Grabber" in canuck lingo) does.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    What do they call it in Canada when "an evil white boy" kills 10 people, an "incel attack"? You know what incels are in Canada. Incels, according to the NY Times, incels harbor resentment against women for rejecting them on their webpages and probably rage at "Chads" whom they suspect of having access to or wanting to grab parts of the female anatomy. They are a potentially dangerous lot if the NY Times is to be believed. It wouldn't be surprising to find out that the Texas shooter was also an incel based on reports of his being bullied at school.

According to CNN, of all sources, maybe the NY Times can't always be trusted as forthright. I noticed your point about sticking it to "those animals from latin countries". While its always fun to pull out the race card, CNN pointed out that Trump's comment about animals came directly after a sheriff brought up MS -13 problems. True, Trump used pronouns so he could have been referring to all people from latin countries but context often counts. Of course, you might not be trying to spin the story. Maybe you just have a kinder, gentler take on MS-13 than Trump, [[AKA "Chump" or "Pussy Grabber" in canuck lingo) does.
    I wouldn't dream of classifying him as a pussy bragger if he hadn't grabbed [[ excuse my dysleskia) about it on a Nationally syndicated radio show. As for Chump for Trump, well if you say them real fast they both sound the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast