Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Renovation Begins for Livernois/Seven Mile Development

https://detroit.curbed.com/2018/2/15...nue-of-fashion

Courtesy of 7.Liv An $8.3 million redevelopment project well outside the downtown core officially broke ground today in Detroit. 7.Liv, the redevelopment of the old B. Siegel department store, will have ten residential units, 20,500 square feet of commercial storefront, and 29 underground parking spaces.
    The development is led by Matt Hessler—who redeveloped the property at Cass and Peterboro that now houses Iconic Tattoo, the Peterboro, and more local businesses. 7.Liv is supported through JPMorgan Chase, Capital Impact Partners, Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Invest Detroit, and the Detroit Economic Growth Corporation.
    The redevelopment sits along the Avenue of Fashion at the corner of 7 Mile and Livernois. The University District, Sherwood Forest, and Bagley—all seen as thriving neighborhoods—converge here. It’s also close to the Fitzgerald neighborhood—which is undergoing an extensive neighborhood revitalizations—and close to both Marygrove College and the University of Detroit Mercy. Many storefronts along Livernois have been revitalized in recent years, and project partners hope this development spurs future investment in the area.
    “This exciting project will serve as a catalyst, allowing businesses to fill in along the avenue and create momentum for a new walkable shopping district along the ‘Avenue of Fashion,’” said Hessler, owner of Bagley Forest Properties and 7.Liv developer. “I’m excited about the business opportunities this project will generate, not only as the developer, but as a resident of the Livernois neighborhood.”
    The 7.Liv redevelopment is expected to be completed in about 14 months.

I wonder when people can apply to be in the running for one of the apartments.

https://detroit.eater.com/2019/3/1/1...ment-livernois

After several months adrift, short-lived West Village wine and charcuterie bar Brix has finally found a new address. Owner Mikiah Westbrooks says she plans to resettle her business in the B. Siegel department store development at the corner of 7 Mile and Livernois.
    Brix opened its doors in August 2017 after two years of planning, but was forced to vacate a year later due to a dispute with landlord Banyan Investments. At the time Westbrooks had alluded to a possible relocation to New Center, but tells Eater that she eventually abandoned that opportunity to join the Avenue of Fashion’s growing business district. “I think it’s a great project with great potential. 7 Mile and Livernois has always been a very progressive area,” Westbrooks says. “I think it’s a great neighborhood and the whole idea is to stay in the neighborhood, so that just made perfect sense.”
    The B. Siegel development project is being spearheaded by Matt Hessler, who previously redeveloped the property housing Iconic Tattoo, the Peterboro, and 8 Degrees Plato Detroitin Cass Corridor. The plans call for a mixed-use development with 10 residential units, 20,500 square feet of commercial storefront, and 29 underground parking spaces, according to Curbed Detroit.
    Westbrooks says Brix will occupy a 1,600-square-foot space — slightly larger than the previous bar. The business was previously the recipient of a Motor City Match award in West Village and recently won a new award for design through the city’s small business program. Although Brix is returning, Westbrooks is planning to make some tweaks to the bar’s format. “I really want to focus on the wine program. I want it to be a bit stronger,” she says. “I will still continue to carry moderately priced wines, but I want to dive into some higher-end wines.” Westbrooks adds that she also intends to fold in a wine concierge service and will devote even more attention to events.

That area is going great-guns. A lot of new rehabs are happening and there are several shops that are worthy of your patronage.

In particular, Good Bakes and Cakes is a real treat. They feature vegan bake goods along with several gluten-free options. While it seems Americans have collectively come down with celiac disease, I must say even celiac sufferers deserve a tasty dessert once in a while.

How far along is the development at Seven and Livernois? I’d love to see any pics of progress in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    How far along is the development at Seven and Livernois? I’d love to see any pics of progress in the area.
    The basement concrete structure has been poured, the CMU core towers are built, and the steel framing is starting to go in.

Name:  IMG_5022.jpg
Views: 3136
Size:  96.3 KB

This photo is of progress from a few weeks ago.

Looks like this one was completed last year, though I'm not sure when. Looks like only one unit [[2 bedroom) is currently available as of 2 days ago, and it's waiting for...get this...$1,725 a month on a 12 month lease! And this is a special rate for this unit; it typically rents for $1,925. This does not include the $75 per month fee if you want a space in the underground garage.

I had no idea the rents were like this this far out. I know it's nice, but I'm not sure if it's $2,000 a month nice. But, hey, looks like these have been quite popular, so somebody's renting them. lol

Looks like the commercial space is leasing for $20 per sq ft, which actually aren't city center prices unlike the residential leases.
    Last edited by Dexlin; February-26-21 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Looks like this one was completed last year, though I'm not sure when. Looks like only one unit [[2 bedroom) is currently available as of 2 days ago, and it's waiting for...get this...$1,725 a month on a 12 month lease! And this is a special rate for this unit; it typically rents for $1,925. This does not include the $75 per month fee if you want a space in the underground garage.

I had no idea the rents were like this this far out. I know it's nice, but I'm not sure if it's $2,000 a month nice. But, hey, looks like these have been quite popular, so somebody's renting them. lol

Looks like the commercial space is leasing for $20 per sq ft, which actually aren't city center prices unlike the residential leases.
    I think they are definitely gunning for UDM students at those prices. If I had some money and went to the McNichols Campus, that would be a pretty cool place to live.

What are the plans for the completed development that locatated on the South west corner of Livernois and 7? I thought that the owner was going to put middle to high end retail in the building

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    I think they are definitely gunning for UDM students at those prices. If I had some money and went to the McNichols Campus, that would be a pretty cool place to live.
    UDM should be investing heavily in that corridor, the better it is the more attractive the university.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    What are the plans for the completed development that locatated on the South west corner of Livernois and 7? I thought that the owner was going to put middle to high end retail in the building
    Another location of Detroit vs Everybody and the Brix Wine Bar, which had been in West Village but left due to disagreements with the landlord, were supposed to move into the retail portion.

Several months after that announcement, Detroit vs Everybody closed all but their Eastern Market and 12 Oaks Mall locations, so I don't even know if they still plan to open a location in that new development.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Another location of Detroit vs Everybody and the Brix Wine Bar, which had been in West Village but left due to disagreements with the landlord, were supposed to move into the retail portion.

Several months after that announcement, Detroit vs Everybody closed all but their Eastern Market and 12 Oaks Mall locations, so I don't even know if they still plan to open a location in that new development.
    Waste of space