Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ever hear of Smith Brothers-Commercial Photograpers?

Back in the 40's and 50's, the Smith Brothers worked for the Wayne County Road Commission among other things. Have you ever heard of them or know what became of them?
    Thanks.

There are lots of photos by them out there, mostly of Detroit. The only other things I could find were:

o A directory of Michigan photographers says they were around from 1921 to 1952.

o They had their offices in the Arcadia Building, 3527 Woodward at Stimson. The building also housed the Arcadia Ballroom. It was torn down, and replaced with the Orchestra Place apartments in 1972.

Thanks Archfan. I sure wish I could get my hands on a few of their photos from around Grand River and Greenfield.

I worked for a commercial photog [[Morrie Safron/Press Picture Service) in the mid 1960s. We used to frequent a very small deli on Cass Ave. near Columbia by the name of Jules Deli. Across Cass from Jules was and is The Detroit Building. 2 brothers ran a photography studio there and I'm almost sure they were the Smith brothers.

Just wonder how to get a hold of whatever collection they may have had of their photos.