Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    I was hoping to keep it transit orientated - not an all out anything goes thread
    You need to reread your original post. Lots of baiting going on there. Better off being in the Non-Detroit section.

I posted a video of ICE officers on a TRAIN, checking identification.
    The title was also about transportation, citizenship, etc.

Those who want a gun thread, start one, please.
    Need want a drone discussion of spying on your house start one please
    Perhaps a complete Constitutional Rights thread , from A to Z, go ahead.

Is that hard to stay on a topic, without ODD tangents, diversions ?
    It does concern Detroit, directly, most definitely, see the peninsula ref.

I guess, until it happens to a person, caught offguard with just a wallet size id in your pocket, being detained, delayed, etc. isn't that big a deal............
    Last edited by O3H; February-07-18 at 12:08 PM.

Your posting about a situation that does not exist,verified by the personal expirences of several posters.

ICE = Homeland security,they have more information about you at their finger tips then the local PD.

The only ones it is affecting are illegal immigrants,immigration provides a path to ID and also a paper to those going through the process which must be carried in case the system has not caught up with them yet.

Even if you have no ID on you and provide them with the correct name,they can verify in seconds,who you are and what you look like.

Give them a fake name and yes,just like with local PD you can expect to be detained,it has always been like that.

I do agree with in the past,trains and busses were not bordered for ID checks because it was the responsibility of the mode of transportation to verify before selling the ticket.

With the Internet brought the ability to purchase a ticket online and board without showing ID,walls are being built one way or another,to me it is easier and cheaper to build a big one,because it takes away the excuse to undermine our rights in order to achieve the same results.

Think of all the artist colonies that would pop up,nothing like a 3000 mile long palate for creative murals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2