Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Finding only 'baby' leaf spinach lately? Where's big leaf bagged?

Big leaf fresh spinach on earth? Where'd it go?! Outside of eastern market...

I used to FIND and purchase Old Mids brand at most grocers, even the just average places, but I can only find baby leaf which is not as good. Anyone know we you can get bagged big leaf spinach? I miss it - is it being grown any more?

Sumas would know... miss her too.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-04-18 at 10:58 AM.

The Mexicans are pissed and said grow your own.

Spring and fall are the growing season,mine froze to death when it hit 30 here,it was brutal,we have a huge farmers market here that is kinda a local and direct from Mexico conduit for everything off season and it is small leaf there also another month or so it should start hitting the market again.

It must be hard to deal with long leaf up there as far as transport and storage,it does not like freezing temps and would have a very fast spoilage rate.

I've not seen big leaf form in over a year, spring, summer or fall. The baby leaf is fairly tasteless. Oh well. I'll try to grow my own. Thank yah for your feedback.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-04-18 at 01:40 PM.

My husband works produce at Meijer and he says they have it most of the time. Aunt Mid's brand in a bag. He also says the problem with it is that most people want the small, tender leaves for salad, but they don't boil well.

I'll check out that option..... thanks. Can't wait to make some smashing meals with some real tasty spinach. A quiche is coming to mind!