Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New York Restaurant Hummas & Pita Co, Is Coming To Detroit!

Hello Guys,

I'm from Detroit but I now live in NYC and one of my favorite restaurants is coming to Detroit.

Hummas & Pita Co

https://twitter.com/hummusandpitaco/...63220464881665

That’s like bringing Taco Bell to México! Fast food garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Someone should let them know that Wheels won't be eating there. They might reconsider.

Looking forward to it! Hopefully you can set up somewhere in the city.

Spread on a big cracker?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Ha! Hummus and Pita Co isn't that bad... But it isn't that great either. I think it'll have a tough time competing for the downtown lunch crowd.

A chain called Naf Naf Grill has opened a few location in the suburbs. It's based out of Atlanta, I think. It's sort of like Chipotle - you order a bowl or a pita then pick what you want on it. It's not bad.

This place kinda looks like the same setup. It'll be nice to have another middle eastern place downtown for lunch, as there are only a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    A chain called Naf Naf Grill has opened a few location in the suburbs. It's based out of Atlanta, I think. It's sort of like Chipotle - you order a bowl or a pita then pick what you want on it. It's not bad.

This place kinda looks like the same setup. It'll be nice to have another middle eastern place downtown for lunch, as there are only a couple.
    They got one of those on Big Beaver in Troy. Every time I drive by the place looks completely empty. Maybe they do good for lunch during the week, I’m usually not driving by at those times.

Ummm, it better be good. We're on the border of east Dearborn where you can choose from a dozen or more mediterranean/ middle-eastern restaurants and markets that make/ sell great hummus.

And I'm not talking about that stuff that Kroger has in their deli section!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-03-18 at 09:43 PM.

Hope it succeeds. I personally know how tough the food industry is.

what is the menu for this establishment?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    what is the menu for this establishment?
    It's here. They follow the Chipotle/fast casual playbook: Pick a protein, pick a wrapper, pick your toppings, only with Middle Eastern ingredients.

They lost me at Cookie Dough Hummus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Ummm, it better be good. We're on the border of east Dearborn where you can choose from a dozen or more mediterranean/ middle-eastern restaurants and markets that make/ sell great hummus.

And I'm not talking about that stuff that Kroger has in their deli section!

Thank You...

^^^ Hah. I meant to say dozens of mediterranean/ middle-eastern restaurants.

We know hummus etc. done right!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-04-18 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah. I meant to say dozens of mediterranean/ middle-eastern restaurants.

We know hummus etc. done right!
    what are your top 3 places?

I'll give five:

Sheeba -
    Michigan Ave., East Dearborn

Cederland Restaurant
    - W. Warren, East Dearborn

LaPita Restaurant - Newman St., Mid Dearborn

Super Greenland Market - Hummus from their deli - varied sizes - W. Warren East Dearborn location

An honorable mention [[smile): Ali Baba Shish Kabob - Canif, Hamtramck
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-05-18 at 05:45 PM.

Sounds like some place that had garlic ice cream. I like garlic, love garlic paste for my meats, breads etc. But garlic ice cream? Uh, no! Save the gimmicks just make the basics well!

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    It's here. They follow the Chipotle/fast casual playbook: Pick a protein, pick a wrapper, pick your toppings, only with Middle Eastern ingredients.

They lost me at Cookie Dough Hummus.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-05-18 at 02:08 AM.

I'd like to try out those Turkish Meatballs!

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    It's here. [MENU]....

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    They got one of those on Big Beaver in Troy. Every time I drive by the place looks completely empty. Maybe they do good for lunch during the week, I’m usually not driving by at those times.
    Naf Naf does extremely well in downtown locations. It’s good, not great. But a place that’s reliable for lunch. Pitas on a reduced menu are the latest fast casual craze. A few smaller chains have jumped on the end of the burrito chain while Chipotle falters like NY based Dos Toros

Hummas & Pita Co is a big name in NY and its good to see places like Shake Shack & Hummas & Pita come to my home town. I must say I haven't had a Great fatoosh salad since leaving Michigan 😓

A good Fatoosh is hard to find elsewhere. They call it 'Fatoosh' but ehhh. When you've had the real thing, well.......
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-05-18 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Maybe they do good for lunch during the week, I’m usually not driving by at those times.
    I live by that one. They are pretty busy at lunch time. There's a really good Lebanese place on Crooks between Maple and Big Beaver that probably eats into their dinner crowd.

Here are my favorites in order:

1. Shish Kabob Express in Birmingham
    2. La Marsa in Farmington Hills
    3. Ceder Grill in Troy

Best chicken shawarmas. Get open face from 2 and 3 and you can be in and out for under $6 including tip.

Best shawarmas... Tuhamas on Warren, small little place, best to visit between 1130 to 230 for lunch, especially Thursdays. Anytime after 4 they are most likely out of meat.

One Thing I've Noticed Is Everyone Is Naming Favorite Locations In The Suburbs But What About In Detroit Or Downtown?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast