Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Siren almost ready for their close up

So I've been watching the rehab of the wurlitzer building aka the Siren and I have friends coming into town for movement.
    I checked out their website and it's very sexy.
    I'm looking forward to checking this space out.
    See for yourself
    it's very sexy !
    Detroit gets a Dramatic, sexy, grown up ,european hotel
    See for yourself

https://thesirenhotel.com/rooms

That's quite a few businesses they are planning to have on the first floor!

Somewhat traditional and reserved. Kind of surprised as it seems like the urban hotel direction is ultra modern and sleek.

Quote Originally Posted by cmubryan View Post
    Somewhat traditional and reserved. Kind of surprised as it seems like the urban hotel direction is ultra modern and sleek.
    What?! Didn't you read Dave's post? It's sexy, sexy, sexy!!

It may be sexy but it's in the tradition of a bed & breakfast. Not the modern style of the Aloft or the Foundation.

The rooms look great. Everything does not have to have garish colors, over sized patterns and gimmicks.

Meh,it mimics every timeshare around me built in the last 5 years,but some people like that.

I like the way they presented the coming soon aspect.

The best hotel I ever stayed in while traveling back roads was one that was out in the middle of nowhere built in the early 1800s,they gave us the choice of rooms that were renovated on the first two floors.

I asked to see the unrenovated 3rd floor which had not been touched in at least the past 100 years,everything was as it was,I picked one and they cleaned it and handed us some oil lamps for lighting and said enjoy.

We ended up staying for 3 days instead of the overnighter,it was an expirence verses a place to lay ones head for the night.

Love it. I wish the developers, investors and most importantly, the city the best of luck

I wonder if Chris, owner of 1515 Broadway, had a say or did he sell

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I wonder if Chris, owner of 1515 Broadway, had a say or did he sell
    THAT ! is a good question !
    They probably gave him a butt load of money and he took it and smile and is retired somewhere.
    He was very outspoken, but strangely enough crickets.
    He must be doing pretty well and is happy with what they paid him.