Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Holograms hitting main stage

A world class opera singer Maria Callas considered the best saprano singer in the world at the time,that passed in 1977 can now be seen in concert,backed up by a live orchestra with her image portrayed in 3D

Tickets are advailable for Roy Orbison summer concerts.

The number one female singer in Japan is now a computer generated hologram singing computer generated songs,she opened for lady Gaga.

I can imagine next we will be seeing Elvis in concert.

Just think when it becomes mainstream,Want to go on a date? Send your hologram,how much safer can it get?

If you are a motivational speaker you can be on countless locations across the country at the same time without even leaving your house.

They first did it in 2012 with a 2PAC concert but now the clarity and effect is as a live person performing.

The president of India won his election after campaigning across the country as a hologram.You could campaign in every single town hall in every city no matter what the size at the same time.
    Last edited by Richard; January-28-18 at 01:21 PM.

Really wasn't a "concert" but here's Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmXHkL3xiMU

The cost of attending concert's nowadays is ridiculous. You can't really spend less than say $60/$70 anymore and that doesn't include taxes, service fees, etc. Hell, when I started going to concerts in the 70's and 80's, tickets were $7, $10 maybe $15. It may not be the same as seeing someone live but, this might be an alternative for some.
    Last edited by Maof; January-28-18 at 04:38 PM.

In 1977 $7 had the same buying power as $29.65 in today's realm.

In 1985 I paid $30 entry fee to Iowa state fairgrounds for a 3 day jam with AC DC,Whitesnake,Bon Jovi and about 6 others you camped on the grounds,which is like $70 now.

My mind is foggy but I think it was around $80,000 to book Aerosmith for a four hour gig,mid eighties.Nazareth was half of that but they were both in the per say bottom of the peak at the time.

Before that though most bands played concerts for little revenue,it more so geared to pushing record sales and useing the concert as the platform.

The actual talent got expenses covered to a very extreme liberal aspect or lots can be covered under the heading of "expenses".

The promoters were the ones making bank and the record labels,I think it was 1c for every 45 and $1 for every 78 that the talant received.

So if a band sold 1 million 78s they made 1 million but if the 78 was $3 the label made $2 million as a rough guide.

But you are correct,the cost of living and salary reductions are putting the squeeze on.

In the commercial setting,bars and restaurants if you play one song over the radio or the DJ plays one song without paying for the proper lincese you are fined based on your seating capacity minimum of $30,000 two songs $60,000 etc.

We have to pay BMI and each individual record label a fee every month,if a commercial comes on the tv that has a song playing in the background you are fined even though you pay for cable.

This here now is mostly about bringing back in concerts with those that have passed,but yes I can also see in the future even the corner bar booking a concert with a large draw for very little money,because they would be playing 5000 plus concerts a night across the globe.

Those quarters would add up quick on a mass scale while actually reducing the cost to the consumer.

There was a time when only the wealthy could afford top entertainment,we see it going that route in sports,yea,I agree it will definitely have its upside.

Downside for me would have been if I still had the clubs that some do not like to visit because of the state of undress,imagine calling up Amazon and ordering a hologram for its 1 hour drone delivery,no single dollar bills required.

It opens up huge possibilities in the future.

Remember when Star Wars first came out,the girl in the hologram,I forget her name,but the movies do seem to prepare for the future at times.
    Last edited by Richard; January-29-18 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    A world class opera singer Maria Callas considered the best saprano singer in the world at the time,that passed in 1977 can now be seen in concert,backed up by a live orchestra with her image portrayed in 3D

Tickets are advailable for Roy Orbison summer concerts.

The number one female singer in Japan is now a computer generated hologram singing computer generated songs,she opened for lady Gaga.

I can imagine next we will be seeing Elvis in concert..

I think they did one of the first dead guy tours with Elvis years ago. They had him on the big screen with a live band.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Really wasn't a "concert" but here's Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmXHkL3xiMU

The cost of attending concert's nowadays is ridiculous. You can't really spend less than say $60/$70 anymore and that doesn't include taxes, service fees, etc. Hell, when I started going to concerts in the 70's and 80's, tickets were $7, $10 maybe $15. It may not be the same as seeing someone live but, this might be an alternative for some.
    You can still see shows in a small club for less than that.

The difference with a hologram is the subject is there like they are standing and moving around exactly as they would have while performing,you cannot tell the difference between real or not.

It is not images being projected on a screen.

About 25 years ago, it became a "thing" to do duets with deceased performers. Though, @ the time, it was novel and cute, I couldn't help wondering if the living artist really had what it takes, and if it wasn't just a gimmick to make a few bucks. I feel the same way now about paying a lot of money just to watch a good cartoon.

^^^ Yeah at a point it sorta creeps me out. Though I did like the one with Natalie Cole and her father.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-18 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Yeah at a point it sorta creeps me out. Though I did like the one with Natalie Cole and her father.

It was unforgettable...