Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that Trump's expanded DACA proposal is a game changer [[even if the Republicans in the legislature totally ignore it). If the administration plays their cards right this has the potential to completely flip the narrative over DACA to one where Trump is fighting to expand DACA and add a path to citizenship, and Democrats are fighting against it.
    Again, words coming out of his mouth mean nothing. Trump saying something is not a "game changer" because 1) he lies all the time and 2) he's prone to changing his mind on a whim. What Trump believes today might be the opposite of what he believes tomorrow.

You want to talk about a "game changer"? Show me the actual legislation. Then it's a game changer. Until then, it's just hot air out of the mouth of a compulsive lying bloviator. Trump's "proposal" is not a proposal until it's on a piece of paper and introduced in Congress. Even Republicans in Congress don't see Trump as a reliable negotiating partner because his words so often do not match his actual actions and he flip-flops on a dime.

When you look back at then President Clinton,Then president Obama speech at the SOTU they said the exact same thing,pay a fine,get to the back of the line,apply for citizenship and learn English.

While then president Obama was delivering his SOTU who was sitting directly behind him?

Nancy Pelosi who was all smiles and stood up and applauded when he said that.

Hilliary Clinton while campaigning said the exact same thing.

Now currant president Trump says the exact same thing and he is considered an ass.

So compassion has nothing to do with it and with some in the Democratic Party they are just a number and a tool to get votes.

So of us operate in the real world,my business in the last 6 monthes has tripled with minorities either starting new businesses or expanding currant ones,everybody that I deal with is experiencing the exact same thing.

So why was that not happening during the 8 years of hope and change?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Again, words coming out of his mouth mean nothing. Trump saying something is not a "game changer" because 1) he lies all the time and 2) he's prone to changing his mind on a whim. What Trump believes today might be the opposite of what he believes tomorrow.

You want to talk about a "game changer"? Show me the actual legislation. Then it's a game changer. Until then, it's just hot air out of the mouth of a compulsive lying bloviator. Trump's "proposal" is not a proposal until it's on a piece of paper and introduced in Congress. Even Republicans in Congress don't see Trump as a reliable negotiating partner because his words so often do not match his actual actions and he flip-flops on a dime.
    IMO your hatred for Trump is blinding you to the reality of the situation. As long as some of the blame can be shifted to Democrats President Trump and Republicans in congress don't have to do anything to win this politically [[Although there will be real people that may end up losing). The law is on Trump's side in ending DACA, in increasing immigration enforcement, in defending the borders, etc. Even though they scream and shout otherwise Democrats in the legislature are well aware of this as proven by their quickly failed bluff over holding up the budget last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    IMO your hatred for Trump is blinding you to the reality of the situation. As long as some of the blame can be shifted to Democrats President Trump and Republicans in congress don't have to do anything to win this politically [[Although there will be real people that may end up losing). The law is on Trump's side in ending DACA, in increasing immigration enforcement, in defending the borders, etc. Even though they scream and shout otherwise Democrats in the legislature are well aware of this as proven by their quickly failed bluff over holding up the budget last weekend.
    The only people who swallow that nonsense are the ~38% of American voters who still like Trump, i.e. his "base." The rest of America isn't buying it and hasn't been for quite some time. The majority of Americans know where the real blame lies.

If the special election in Alabama or the Republican losses in the November 2017 elections didn't pop the little Trump bubble you're living in, you're going to be in for a rude awakening come November 2018. It'll be here before you know it. Then we'll see just who the voters blame.

^ For what it is worth,you did say the same thing about the rude awakening when Hilliary became president,or along those lines.

Remind me how that worked out.

Also if you will,remind me about all of those polls that said she was the next president,overwhelmingly.

Be carefull of What and who you place faith in.
    Last edited by Richard; February-01-18 at 02:00 PM.

Los Angeles who said they will defy the federal government and remain a sanctuary city,has seen a 75% increase in homeless in 6 years.

As reported by the LA times

Good thing they have their priorities straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ For what it is worth,you did say the same thing about the rude awakening when Hilliary became president,or along those lines.
    No I didn't, but feel free to keep on inventing shit you think I said.

And who said anything about polls? I'm talking about actual election results that have taken place in the last six months. The most recent of which was a special election to fill a state Senate seat in Wisconsin in which the Democrats flipped the seat from the Republicans in a district Trump won by 20 points.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    No I didn't, but feel free to keep on inventing shit you think I said.

And who said anything about polls? I'm talking about actual election results that have taken place in the last six months. The most recent of which was a special election to fill a state Senate seat in Wisconsin in which the Democrats flipped the seat from the Republicans in a district Trump won by 20 points.
    I got ya,two local elections changed the course of history in America.

Inventing things? So you are saying that you are an avid supporter of the currant president and his supporters and every discussion that you have been involved in fully reflects that?

Pot calling the kettle black much?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2