Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Have another look at Trudeau's tweet. He came nowhere close to saying Canada would "welcome all". Nor did he welcome economic migrants. He welcomed only refugees: "those fleeing persecution, terror & war".

If this is your evidence Trudeau told the Haitian population in the US that Canada "takes all comers" then he did not.
    Since terror, war, and persecution are widespread, its just about the same thing.

The actual reason they arrived in Canada doesn't matter. You just have to say you are fleeing persecution. Then you are scheduled for a preliminary hearing, which will be scheduled for 12-24 month out. If you are told to leave, you can follow a very lengthy appeal process, which I understand can take as much as 10 years. In the meantime, you can enjoy Canada's benefits, rather than the economic hellhole of, say, Haiti.

All that said, I don't think Trudeau really meant to invite everyone. But he wanted his base to hear his call for open borders. It was all about optics. How it appears to his Liberal Party voters who generally favour a soft touch on illegal immigrants rather than the previous Harper tough hammer.

I wonder if the radical far left could claim that they are politically oppressed and seek asylum in Canada,hint hint

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Who is the REAL Jorge Garcia????????????????
    Attachment 36342
    Wow, I hope not. What a tragedy if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    ...I don't think Trudeau really meant to invite everyone. But he wanted his base to hear his call for open borders. [[snip)
    I know Trump and his lackeys are pushing a relentless campaign to put facts into doubt so they can persuade people to believe the imaginary reality that suits them best. But words still have meaning. We can look them up.

First you said Trudeau would "welcome all comers". Now you say he appealed for "open borders". He did no such things. His words are clear.

Don't let your emotions drive you to ignore their meaning so you can believe what you want to believe. Or if you truly don't believe Trudeau meant to invite everyone, don't mislead people to believe that he did.

It's important for a rational discussion that we deal in facts.
    Last edited by bust; August-10-18 at 07:28 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9