Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Hawaii's Ballistic Missile Warning Was A False Alarm

This was the text of the false alarm:
    BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
    It took 20 minutes to correct it with an all clear message.

Homeland Insecurity.

The fruits of fear mongering and belligerence.

Which is the greater terrorist threat, foreign or domestic?

It doesn't have to be this way.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-14-18 at 08:57 AM.

They have two EWS systems,one is owned and operated by the state of Hawaii and the other is owned by the US military.

The US military detected no threat and issued no warning,they are saying that a state employee ending their shift pushed the wrong button.

They have monthly drills,my question would be,why did the population react differently when a real threat was perceived verses a drill.

It does kinda show that the drills are meaningless to most,the purpose of the drills is to install reaction without panic.

On the other hand the population has been resistant to the placement of a missile defense system over there,maybe this was a nudge or maybe not.

For the older ones that remember years back,the technology was there with aircraft installed jamming systems that could shut down power grids.

You have that technology but then how do you really know if it works and the impact on a large urban city when applied and what happens to the core of the Apple when applied.

I did not live in the 40s and 50s when the threat of attack was real in the minds of Americans but when you talk to the older generations it was a part of daily life and most had a plan.

Really this is where the groundwork was laid to where we are today.

https://www.opslens.com/2017/12/20/o...ect-cassandra/
    Last edited by Richard; January-14-18 at 12:23 PM.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard :

https://youtu.be/Af2MlgpVwv0

Tulsi Gabbard should be the Democratic presidential candidate. I agreed with everything she said except she might have overemphasized N. Korea. Russia has developed nuclear capable submarine drones capable of cruising into US ports. China is getting more belligerent. Mohammed Atta would probably have had no inhibition against backpack nukes had he been able to get ahold of them. N. Korea is a problem but just the possibility of a mistake by Russians or Americans is probably a bigger threat. One man already saved millions of lives by disobeying an order. The world should be celebrating Stanislav Petrov Day.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    . One man already saved millions of lives by disobeying an order. The world should be celebrating Stanislav Petrov Day.
    I didn't know about him. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Tulsi Gabbard should be the Democratic presidential candidate. I agreed with everything she said except she might have overemphasized N. Korea. Russia has developed nuclear capable submarine drones capable of cruising into US ports. China is getting more belligerent. Mohammed Atta would probably have had no inhibition against backpack nukes had he been able to get ahold of them. N. Korea is a problem but just the possibility of a mistake by Russians or Americans is probably a bigger threat. One man already saved millions of lives by disobeying an order. The world should be celebrating Stanislav Petrov Day.

I agree. Tulsi Gabbard seems capable and cool headed. She even backed Trump on a couple of rare occasions. Stanislav Petrov is my new hero.. "When cooler heads prevail". I salute you sir.