Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit via Nailhed

For insight into Metro Detroit, few rank as high as Nailhed

Most inelegant :

http://www.nailhed.com/2018/01/fishe...legant_12.html

Last edited by O3H; January-14-18 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Thanks A LOT. I am supposed to be working not taking a journey to a future that has past enjoying the angels in the architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Thanks A LOT. I am supposed to be working not taking a journey to a future that has past enjoying the angels in the architecture.
    Who in the hell are you?

I don't log in for a couple years and all of a sudden people are claiming to be me?

Quote Originally Posted by nailhed View Post
    Who in the hell are you?

I don't log in for a couple years and all of a sudden people are claiming to be me?
    No one's claiming your handle nailhed. Just responding to o3h's post that lured me away from work.

Nice work documenting the demise of the promise that Detroiters were once offered.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    No one's claiming your handle nailhed. Just responding to o3h's post that lured me away from work.

Nice work documenting the demise of the promise that Detroiters were once offered.
    Ahhh, ok, sorry--the way I originally read your wording, it sounded like you were accepting a compliment on my behalf or something lol....sorry bout that!
    Last edited by nailhed; January-17-18 at 04:26 PM.

Nailhed, I just spent about three hours on your website last night. Incredible mix of history, your experience, photography, people, places, etc. I can't wait to dig in again after work today.

Have you ever considered publishing a book? You have a rare mix of amazing personal stories and images, but also detailed citations of all the published history you mentioned.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Nailhed, I just spent about three hours on your website last night. Incredible mix of history, your experience, photography, people, places, etc. I can't wait to dig in again after work today.

Have you ever considered publishing a book? You have a rare mix of amazing personal stories and images, but also detailed citations of all the published history you mentioned.

Thanks!
    Thanks...
    As a matter of fact this website was what I ended up doing after deciding *against* a book, when I became frustrated with the current state of the publishing industry.

Thanks...
    As a matter of fact this website was what I ended up doing after deciding *against* a book, when I became frustrated with the current state of the publishing industry.

I really love your site too. I'm very familiar with Kovac's bar, and I've yet to see it more honestly or thoroughly presented. But you gotta eat man, no?

I have thoroughly and faithfully read every page on your website.You are a very good writer.Anyone with any interest in Detroit and Michigan needs to check out nailhed.com .

Thanks...
    I reach the same conclusion after several publishers reached out to do The Fabulous Ruins of Detroit as a book.

Conversations went something like this, "So I give you my images, story, writing, hundreds of hours and get pittance royalties only after you recover your expenses?"

Barring the unlikely event of a blockbuster everything I calculated left me earning sub-mimimum wages while went on with their $100K+ jobs.