City Club Apartment Construction in Detroit
UPBEAT DETROIT PICTURES - WHY NOT? »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »

Default Upgrade. Finally.

Well, my old computer with Windows Vista (remember that?) is finally going bonkers. It also will not allow me to upgrade to a higher Windows version. So, surprise, my son bought me a new Dell computer with Windows 10 and all the bells for Christmas. It's a laptop, but I also have a wireless full size keyboard with it, so I don't finger-fumble. Now all I have to do is re-enter all my sites.......sigh.......

Have fun with it Ray. Always fun to get a new toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Now all I have to do is re-enter all my sites.......sigh.......
    Ray, re-entering sites and passwords is never fun no matter what age you are. Welcome to the modern age!

Enjoy your new 'puter Ray! It will be faster for sure.

Good for you Ray, and you think like me. I didn't take that H.S. typing class to ever be without a full-size keyboard. 40 years on, proper typing is one of the few life skills I learned in High School, and the cops I worked with as a dispatcher could peck away with two fingers with the best of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    ...I didn't take that H.S. typing class to ever be without a full-size keyboard....
    And typewriters had no lag.

With computers I sometimes type a word and by the time I look at the display, the word still hasn't appeared. You have to wait to verify it displayed what you thought you typed. Typewriters could keep up with the typist!

Maybe I need to change the oil in my computer.

Ray, Yesterday, my son, Mike, told me he and his family had moved into their new home,,,,,in Henderson, Nevada. Mike, an RN, retired. His wife is a Nurse Practitioner and will work for awhile. They are only six hours from me in AZ.

Ray, that is one hell of a hockey team you have out there!
    My older son has partial season tickets, said he had the most fun in a long time when two visiting Blackhawk fans got on his case when they scored first.
    He told them to drown their sorrows in a too thick pizza at the end of the game.
    Enjoy.

And typewriters had no lag.
    My win 10 took a dump, and I set her aside like an old aunt. ( I don't have an old aunt) I'm pissed at what they call " New" technology that leaves any user unprepared.
    Thanks for nothing Microsoft. 11,000 updates.

Maybe switch to Apple Mac (used or they are too expensive). Less problems, but they are starting to get problematic like Windows has been (11,000 updates and viruses).... sigh...... Back up ALL computers with a portable drive. Then back up that drive with a drive.

It's all pretty insane. I just find Apple computers give a bit of an edge. Less time behind the screen (fiddlin' about the system)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    My win 10 took a dump, and I set her aside like an old aunt. ( I don't have an old aunt) I'm pissed at what they call " New" technology that leaves any user unprepared.
    Thanks for nothing Microsoft. 11,000 updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Maybe switch to Apple Mac (used or they are too expensive). Less problems, but they are starting to get problematic like Windows has been (11,000 updates and viruses).... sigh...... Back up ALL computers with a portable drive. Then back up that drive with a drive.

It's all pretty insane. I just find Apple computers give a bit of an edge. Less time behind the screen (fiddlin' about the system)...
    I finally switch to a MacBook Air just over a year ago after one Dell laptop and two desktops within a span of 18 years. So much better than the Dell brand and got a good deal from BestBuy (they gave me the student pricing). It was about $200 less than getting from an Apple store.

Yeah, I'm not into the 'Apple Store' or the whole Apple ecosphere culture perse. For personal use I've never purchased a new Apple Mac, only used and refurbed. They hold up well, or shall I say they used to. I have an older 2012 MacBook Pro. They are grand as they still have the CD/ DVD drive.