Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Exciting New Businesses in Park Shelton

Who has checked out the latest additions to Midtown?

The second Good Girls Go to Paris [[GGGTP) establishment has opened in the Park Shelton. It looks beautiful, and is a sit down restaurant. If the first GGGTP is any indicator, this location should be fantastic!

In addition, a new book store called Leopold's has opened next door to the new GGGTP! I stopped by yesterday and dropped some coin. Even though I've only been there once, I already love the place. They seem to specialize in art books, graphic novels, and local literature, and have a great selection of said materials. Also, the owner seems extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

Way to go!

I just found this:
    http://www.leopoldsbooks.com/

I LOVE GGGTP at the New Midtown Location. It's right across the street from me and the food is incredible!

Yeah, Torya over at GGGTP does a great job! Has anyone else checked out Leopold's?

So, will they be closed Mondays like most places I want to go? Hub Bike Shop, Avalon Breads, MOCAD all closed Mondays, which is the only time I'm down there...

I believe the DIA and Historical are both closed mondays. Good Girls Go To Paris is EXCELLENT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andylinn View Post
    If there's going to be a used bookstore there that isn't as massive and John King, you'll see me there often...

Proximity to the museum is a major plus here ... lots of museum visitors want to spend money in the area but have generally had very few choices.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    If there's going to be a used bookstore there that isn't as massive and John King, you'll see me there often...
    It's actually new books, but it does have a great selection, especially for those of us who like graphic novels and art books. They also have novels and nonfiction and will be getting in a good-size selection of magazines. [[I am personally excited for Bitch magazine; the owner of the shop said he is getting some more "alternative" magazines as well as mainstream ones.)

What are the hours for GGGTP & Leopolds?

Quote Originally Posted by choquant View Post
    It's actually new books, but it does have a great selection, especially for those of us who like graphic novels and art books. They also have novels and nonfiction and will be getting in a good-size selection of magazines. [[I am personally excited for Bitch magazine; the owner of the shop said he is getting some more "alternative" magazines as well as mainstream ones.)
    Well, I'm just happy it is an independent bookstore.

GsG, I looked on the GGGtp facebook page and:

Detroit, MI, 48202 Phone:1-877-PARIS-CREPES Mon - Thurs:7:00 am - 8:00 pm Fri - Sat:7:00 am - 10:00 pm Sun: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

thanks gnome!

So, has anyone gone since the original post?

good girls is great! i love it. i was in there at 9 PM and it was packed!!! full of college students. also a good place to get coffee, not just crepes

i love that it is sitdown, and that a new book store, Leopolds, opened next door.

all of this, in addition to more coming soons... Starter's Bar and Grill, Fatburger, Bohemia all on Woodward and Shangri-La on Cass.

It seems Midtown is one of the only places in Metro Detroit that is still growing amist a depression economy. I think that if/when the economy recovers, the growth here and in the core of the city will continue to accelerate and outpace the suburbs by a wide margin.

You can see the seeds of a truely great urban city in these pockets of vibrant activity. There isn't much room in between these places, and transit will connect the dots.

Stopped by GGGTP today. The place is bright and open and nicely decorated. Enjoyed a tasty crepe!! Recommended!!

Also checked out Leopold's. Although most of the books are not exactly my taste, I can see possibly shopping there for gifts for my sons and husband.

I wish both ventures the best and hope that the local residents will patronize them and spread the word.

There was a great grand opening party at both of them last night. Both were packed with revolving crowds from 6pm to 12:30am!

DetroitDad Guest

mmmmmmmm crepes!