Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Fisher Building signs homage to neighborhoods

There was an article in today's Detroit News about new neighborhood signs on the Fisher Building. However, in the photo in the story, one of the neighborhoods pictured is the "Burbank" neighborhood. Looking at maps of Detroit neighborhoods, I don't see "Burbank" listed on any of them. There is a Burbank school on the far northeast side, but it appears to be in the Regent Park neighborhood. Does anyone know there the Burbank neighborhood is? Link to the article [[and picture) below:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ods/109087380/

Burbank is E State Fair, Houston Whittier, Gratiot, and Kelly.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/t...e-detroit.html

Without a doubt it's really cool. Can't wait to take a selfie in front of my hood.
    But of course with this article being in the Detroit News, the typical bs comments about "why" and "it's stupid" has already filled the comment section. Southeast Michiganders are seriously some of the most miserable people I've encountered in my 44 years on this Earth. Folks seem to hate everything for some weird reason, can't think of any other area where the residents happily trash the region for which they choose to live.

Makes me want to stop by on my next visit, walk around, and see how many neighborhood names I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by ASilvaman View Post
    Without a doubt it's really cool. Can't wait to take a selfie in front of my hood.
    But of course with this article being in the Detroit News, the typical bs comments about "why" and "it's stupid" has already filled the comment section. Southeast Michiganders are seriously some of the most miserable people I've encountered in my 44 years on this Earth. Folks seem to hate everything for some weird reason, can't think of any other area where the residents happily trash the region for which they choose to live.
    You may have come to this conclusion based on other experiences, but don't read comment sections. The same internet trolls are found in every article of every paper, website and blog in the country.