Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default spring break and Detroit Science Center

maybe this week [[starting tomorrow) isnt spring break for the detroit area schools but it is for other districts in the metro area...

i was just curious why the science center would CLOSE for this week. it doesnt seem to be a good time for the doors not to be open...

just and observation

Idk. Oakland County has a County Calendar and most districts in OC have THIS WEEK off. Rochester and a few others are on the Easter week tho. . .

- Maybe a new exhibit is moving in?

Where did you get the impression that the Science Center is closed for the coming week?

A look at their website shows that they are closed this week on Monday, April 6, and Sunday, April 12, not the whole week. Check it out here: http://www.detroitsciencecenter.org/...s_&_hours.html

my bad. my stupid wife read where the imax was closed from monday through thursday and so she assumed it meant the whole center was closed...

sorry about that...

from "as good as it gets with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt"

Young Woman: How do you write women so well?
    Melvin: I think like a man, and I throw out all reason and accountability.

I know the Science Center is open next week because I have tickets to take my daughter to see the Star Trek exhibit next Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    my bad. my stupid wife read where the imax was closed from monday through thursday and so she assumed it meant the whole center was closed...
    Damn, that's cold..

A lot of times, during spring break, they have extended hours, and do more showing at the IMAX and planetarium. I would call them.