Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

^^^ Yeah, that's a point! I don't expect to pay more at 'events' so when I go I just decide before hand what to do, where to eat. Perhaps they are working out their recipes -- it does take time.

And with yelp.com and the like, if it is consistently bad AND expensive that combo will be discussed/ ranked.

Most people like their service and food. Management seems to be responding well to concerns of customers:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/kid-rocks-m...etroit-detroit

People who are complaining about this restaurant need to find a better hobby. If you don't like the food simply don't go there. There are plenty of other restaurants around. If you don't like the prices then go to White Castle or the Capuchin Soup Kitchen. This place is no different than the likes of Chili's, Applebee's, Red Robin or another other Mall Restaurant. You're not going to get The Hill or Morton's quality food in a mall or arena.

But let's be honest here; if this place didn't have Kid Rock's name on it there wouldn't be such vitriol. If the place was named after some demigod of the left like Michael Moore people on here would be utterly effusive in their praise for it in spite of the low grade frozen Sysco entrees served.

And anything written by the Metro Times cannot be given much of a measure of credibility. After all, any "newspaper" and I use that term in the absolute loosest sense, that derives the bulk of its advertising revenue from transvestite prostitutes, purveyors of drug paraphernalia and starving lawyers offering their services for $99 cannot be taken seriously.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; December-11-17 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    P
    But let's be honest here; if this place didn't have Kid Rock's name on it there wouldn't be such vitriol.
    Well, yeah, that's kinda the point. Opening a restaurant honoring a proud white supremacist in a 90% black town is a tad absurd. The fact that the food sucks and is horribly overpriced is somewhat secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Well, yeah, that's kinda the point. Opening a restaurant honoring a proud white supremacist in a 90% black town is a tad absurd. The fact that the food sucks and is horribly overpriced is somewhat secondary.
    So you would be okay with a Trump burgers n fries franchise ?

And why beat around the bush with all of the price complaints etc. is the demographic of the visitors to the stadium 90% black?
    Last edited by Richard; December-11-17 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It has to include bottled water that you drink with two hands, diet coke with a minimum purchase of 12 and it would be a McDonald's franchise cause that's all he eats.

Lol gotta have that little twisty straw.

I was talking to a guy at a auto swap meet and he was telling me he paid $45 for a couple of beers and hot dogs at the bucs game,no wonder they like the cooler ban thing.

Clearly the Kid Rock restaurant is for cashed-up visitors and does not really expect to cater to locals. I feel the same way about the various Hard Rock Cafe sites around the world, which may be where Kid got the Americana idea from or takeaway style food at a dine-in location.

Maybe, like his menu prices, his rent price in that location is a rip-off too...

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    But let's be honest here; if this place didn't have Kid Rock's name on it there wouldn't be such vitriol. If the place was named after some demigod of the left like Michael Moore people on here would be utterly effusive in their praise for it in spite of the low grade frozen Sysco entrees served.
    tbh, I don't want anything from either Kid Rock's or Michael Moore's kitchen.

You’re at a hockey game with your wife and two kids. The kids get hungry, they might get kvetchy too. It would be nice if there was place in the arena where you could feed them halfway reasonably priced food that was decent. Tickets, parking are very expensive and the team is playing like shit. It never was a cheap night out of entertainment for the family, and don’t tell me take them to the park to make snowmen, I’m aware that would be a cheaper alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    It would be nice if there was place in the arena where you could feed them halfway reasonably priced food that was decent.
    There are certainly much cheaper places. Not sure about "decent", but kids would probably be fine with the Hot-n-Ready mega-slice place.

At a recent concert, I had an $11 burrito that was OK, and my companion had a $7 mac-n-cheese.

You have to admit that they have quite the scam going,collect 100s of millions in taxpayer money and then charge crazy prices to attend and eat.

Kinda figure that they would at least buy the first beer.

Cuba charges $1 to go to a baseball game on a adverage $25 a month salary,no beer sales because to many fights.
    Last edited by Richard; December-12-17 at 10:24 AM.

There are certainly much cheaper places. Not sure about "decent", but kids would probably be fine with the Hot-n-Ready mega-slice place.

At a recent concert, I had an $11 burrito that was OK, and my companion had a $7 mac-n-cheese.
    I haven’t been to the new arena yet. Hockey in the beginning of the season really doesn’t do it for me. Besides, I’ve been hitching my wagon to the Lions star.

The king of inaccuracy and exaggeration strikes again! Detroit is neither "a 90% black town" nor is Kid Rock "a proud white supremacist".

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

And why beat around the bush with all of the price complaints etc. is the demographic of the visitors to the stadium 90% black?
    No, I'm not OK with Trump anything, excepting an extended federal prison term or exile to Mother Russia.

Detroiters, who happen to be overwhelmingly black, subsidized the stadium. I would hope most arena visitors, regardless of ethnic background, are equally repulsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    The king of inaccuracy and exaggeration strikes again! Detroit is neither "a 90% black town" nor is Kid Rock "a proud white supremacist".
    A Trump cultist calling others out for "inaccuracy and exaggeration". Oh, the irony. No projection there...

Detroit is "only" 84% black. It's over 90% nonwhite, though. And Kid Rock is most definitely a proud racist.

No, I'm not OK with Trump anything, excepting an extended federal prison term or exile to Mother Russia.

Detroiters, who happen to be overwhelmingly black, subsidized the stadium. I would hope most arena visitors, regardless of ethnic background, are equally repulsed.
    It still does not answer the question of what are the demographics of the stadium attendees?

I really wish you would tell me that I am going to win the next $700 million powerball,because when you say it,it is gospel.

If 90% of the city stood up and said,no,to the taxpayer funds being used,would they have been? So 90% got their wish which now includes a white guy with a food service establishment that 90% will now decide how long it lasts.

I do not like dressing up in Victoria secret clothing so I do not patronize Victoria secret,it is that simple.

A Trump cultist calling others out for "inaccuracy and exaggeration". Oh, the irony. No projection there...

Detroit is "only" 84% black. It's over 90% nonwhite, though. And Kid Rock is most definitely a proud racist.
    I definitely didn't vote for Trump and neither is Detroit 84% black nor over 90% nonwhite. Once again, exaggeration and inaccuracy is your hallmark on here. Also, given that additional taxes on downtown business owners [[as well as state funds) subsidized the arena--your claim that black people [[of which I am one) subsidized the arena is, yet again, another one of your highly dubious claims.

so how are the nachos?

Why bother with nachos ?

Gotta admit, this thread is spicy AF. Almost as comical as the MT write up.

All said and told, haven't seen one booster or detractor here make mention of the jobs this restaurant brings to the table. Aren't we all still focused on economic revitalization and upward mobility here in Detroit?

Who cares what they charge, you don't have to go there. And if they're fleecing outta-towners and deep sprawl Piston die-hards... great! It puts some extra cash into somebody's pocket. Most importantly, if you cannot logistically plan an evening in Detroit with food, drinks and a little tour on the cheap... you don't know this city well enough. There are way too many options now in 2017 to drop the ball on dining, parking, transportation. I'll spread the wallet for drinks and tickets, but after that it's an error on the bettor.

Lastly, I think the theme choice for this restaurant is sad to say the least. Sorry - I don't want Detroit to be known for Kid Rock as often as possible. If it's as unappetizing/overpriced as the article and others suggest, let the invisible hand do it's work. However, we don't need Detroiter's tearing down Detroit because they don't like the current Detroit. Sounds kinda familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    However, we don't need Detroiter's tearing down Detroit because they don't like the current Detroit. Sounds kinda familiar.
    How is tepid criticism of one restaurant in Detroit "tearing down Detroit?" I wasn't aware that we all had to worship at the altar of every business that opened within the city limits by mere virtue of it being located in Detroit.

If Kid Rock's faux-Southern restaurant folded tomorrow, some other restaurant would take that space in LCA [[there is zero chance that space would remain empty and idle) and there would be no net loss in jobs.

Whether Kid Rock owns it or someone else, there will be a restaurant there, and its jobs. That's sure. And whether Kid Rock owns it or someone else, the food will be mediocre at best, and priced to gouge the out-of-towners in accordance with whatever rent the owners are gouged themselves. That's sure too. So yes, the criticism is hardly surprising. Arena fare: what else to expect?

Meanwhile I understand why some especially don't like that Kid Rock's name is attached to it. A rich kid from the exurbs who dealt drugs from a car wash. He concocts a music persona that appropriates the rebel confederacy, [[other) white trashiness, and urban culture. His music career flagging, he opens a faux southern restaurant totally lacking in soul geared for out of towners who don't know and/or want better. He puts it in the city rich in the urban culture he appropriated and that offers so much better... What's not to love?

I'm a hockey fan. Not a Kid Rock fan. For people like me, I can tell you without ever having gone there [[I wouldn't): this restaurant was a swing and a big whiff.

Like I've said before, Kid Rock is nothing to be proud of. Neither are Eminem, Nugent, and those Faygo clowns. Detroit is so much better than this.

That said, I still wouldn't go if Kid Rock were not attached to it. I don't like overpaying for a mediocre restaurant, and that's the best we can expect from an arena, isn't it?
    Last edited by bust; December-22-17 at 02:47 AM.

So a guy that tours with multiple black members in his band, dated and lived with several black women and has a mixed race son is a "Proud racist"? If you don't like his music, politics or the food at his restaurants that's one thing, but that sure seems like an odd track record for someone that is a "Proud racist".
    Last edited by Johnnny5; December-22-17 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Why bother with nachos ?
    because that's what I like. Any "pub food" based restaurant should have good nachos, lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast