Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Crazy Pricing - Kid Rock's Made in Detroit restaurant

People NOT amused with pricing at Kid Rock restaurant

https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/r...nt?oid=7494278

Guess it would make up for him charging only $20. for his DTE concerts. A family of four would break the bank between this and the price of tickets. Better to eat home before heading to a game.

Another reason that keeps people away. This is usually crap food at ridiculous prices. It’s cool to have all these places there but get real with quality and price. I can eat at Bucharest for $6 and be full! Quality too! They now control almost every aspect of attending a game. Lodging, dinner, parking and the game. I like the Red Wings [[hard lately) but will make every effort to park eat and drink somewhere else if I attend a game.

Good i hope it fails because that menu looks less than appetizing....

The food certainly doesn't look all that good, let alone for those prices.

This is the advantage of the arena being downtown. You can eat at a hundred other places. Of course if you have to rush from work on a weeknight you don't always have that luxury.

The usual 'gotcha' at sports venues, or any other place where they think they have you as a captive audience. Plus what sounds like food designed to get the rubes and the turisticos to drink more [[very expensive) beer, while they supposedly quake with joy from being in an actual real place with an actual real name licensed from our very own [[well, if you include Romeo in "our") faux-white-trash "superstar" of whatever the hell that stuff he does is.

Goodness, I wonder what the yelp reviews reveal! Sounds like cutesy, small portioned, esoteric menu items. Sad that salt predominates over actual flavors per the MT article. That's a cheap shot if true.

Yeah eat elsewhere to avoid the hype and expense if it is problem, I'd say.

Or just have drinks there if your pocket book can take it.

Terrible food, awful prices, and glorifying a racist POS. What's not to like?

I'm sorry but did anyone expect something different?

I have no desire to try this place. But I don't know that those prices are crazy.

That's about on par with current trendy, branded places. No, many of them are not a great value and I'm not surprised to hear that might apply to this place. But people pay those prices everyday outside of special events.

Now, how much overlap there is between Kid Rock fans and $12 beer crowd, I don't know. Probably more than expected.

You can like/listen to the music for damn near free
    --- no need to pay the guy for crappy food !!!!

In a sense all of this is a big "nothing burger" to use that expression.

As others have indicated, there are options so if the Kidster wants to charge $10, 20, or 100 for a meal, it is his choice.

Don't know if LCA area is too close for another Five Guys, but maybe? Other restaurants?

The idea, of course, is to increase the number of eateries at various price points for those who live or visit the area. As SammyS reminds us, there are a lot of folks who do or will be soon living in the area.

And according to the design of LCA, one does not need to be a patron of LCA to eat at an eatery there.

As for myself, when I go to events at athletic facilities, if I go solo I rarely eat [[I have no trouble eating before hand).

When I'm with someone, my wallet sometimes has to pay up... BTW, Bocelli was in D.C. yesterday for a concert. My wallet had to pay up... But Bocelli seems to make his rounds every two years so it isn't like going to Ford Field 8 times a season.
    Last edited by emu steve; December-11-17 at 11:58 AM.

Overpriced and what all is bad enough. 'Over-salted' is just cheap and trifling!

Fast food can sometimes do better in that department!

I have no interest in sports so I doubt I will ever go. Eat before you go would be my advice.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-11-17 at 12:07 PM.

Burgers - hands down its 5 Guys & Fries

508 MONROE STREET

DETROIT MI 48226

Breaking news: Food/beer prices at an arena are high.

Southern food? Does Bob still think he's from the Confederacy?

Yep. Drink at home........

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Breaking news: Food/beer prices at an arena are high.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post

508 MONROE STREET

DETROIT MI 48226
    This one is one mile from LCA.

Should there be another just north of LCA?

There's a Burger King not too far by the downtown post office!

Arena food is expensive and the restaurants will be priced the same because people are hungry and want to eat. It's going to happen. If you're smart, you'll go out to eat before going to the game because overpriced arena food isn't usually worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post

508 MONROE STREET

DETROIT MI 48226
    Agree. Favorite burger at the moment.

Another reminder why the businesses sports arenas attract tend not to be the kinds regularly frequented by local communities.

I'm a fan of City Modern. But it will not be an advantage for it to be penned in by sports arenas on two sides.

Yet I'm hopeful. Local residents with disposable income will attract much better businesses than do visitors from afar, briefly in town for a game.
    Last edited by bust; December-11-17 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Southern food? Does Bob still think he's from the Confederacy?
    Yup. Dude's about as "Southern" as Hillary Clinton is. Kid Carpetbagger.

Also any restaurant branded with a celebrity's name [[Kid Rock, Toby Keith, Guy Fieri, etc.) is 100% guaranteed to be overpriced and mediocre. These places are basically just a dressed-up version of TGI Friday's or Applebee's, but with a celebrity's name attached and food that costs double.

My wife and I went before a Pistons game. Food and drinks were good. They were also overpriced. But we understood we were also in an arena environment and paid accordingly.

Seriously, what do people expect? If you want cheap and local then hit up Lafayette Coney Island. Maybe people around here just don't get out much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast