Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sexual harassment claims against WXYZ Malcom Maddox......

Get ready for local predator identification week.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Get ready for local predator identification week.....
    Its about 30 years too late, it seems.

Its about time to start seeing vendettas being settled now. False and exaggerated claims will be coming in as well.

I take seriously these accusations and the countless stories over the past few months but who is Rev. Rideout and why did he do the press conference? Usually it's lawyers ready to litigate.

And Neavling has a personal vendetta against any of the print folks so I'm sure that's not revenge or anything...

we'll just have to see how this evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    I take seriously these accusations and the countless stories over the past few months but who is Rev. Rideout and why did he do the press conference? Usually it's lawyers ready to litigate.

And Neavling has a personal vendetta against any of the print folks so I'm sure that's not revenge or anything...
    The big national accusations are probably 90%+ accurate. Bear in mind that there's a big difference between Franken's minor/maybe and Weinstein's major/certain. Even with Franken's case, which is likely true -- its probably not as bad as it seems. Just that the other Dems can't be seen to be anything but culture warriors against the evil males.

But as this moves local, its gonna be mud.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; December-06-17 at 11:09 PM.

I'm a female and here's my take. There should be a statute of limitations for coming out and proclaiming or declaring that somebody did something sexual against you. 10-20-30-40 years is too damn long for one's memory to all of a sudden appear and make accusations against men. Not saying these men aren't pervy, but it's ridiculous.

I guess I could go back to when I was in my teens and 20s and name every man who invited me to his hotel, asked me to be his mistress, touched me inappropriately, said something about my butt....you get what I mean? If these women ended up in a psych ward because the men did something, then that's different. But every single woman seems to have gone on with her life, prospered, got married, and whatever happened -- which was a one-off -- didn't traumatize her.

As for the Hollywood #metoos - half those women were starlets looking for their big break, a big movie role, and consensually went with the producers to their hotels....and probably didn't get the role, and are now turning on the producer/director.

I'm waiting for the BIG countersuit calling these women slanderous and libelous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    The big national accusations are probably 90%+ accurate. Bear in mind that there's a big difference between Franken's minor/maybe and Weinstein's major/certain. Even with Franken's case, which is likely true -- its probably not as bad as it seems. Just that the other Dems can't be seen to be anything but culture warriors against the evil males.

But as this moves local, its gonna be mud.
    Would be kind of hard to speak out against Roy Moore while sheltering your own, would be kind of hypocritical. Although politics wise it would be better for them to keep Franken because Minn is not guaranteed to elect a DEM in his place while Alabama would most likely elect anyone from the GOP.

Yep, it is coming off the spools a bit. As a woman I fully stand against sexual harassment and abuse on the job, etc. But the fallout from this is going to hurt women down the road career-wise in some settings.

Some employers potential or actual are going to avoid ANY scenario, even a mentoring setting, where one can be remotely accused rightly or wrongly, and thus have your rep and career damaged.

You sometimes don't know why your not hired, and hiring may change for deference of same sex groupings, especially in private setting. The church I attend the pastor never meets with a woman alone, to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    I'm a female and here's my take. There should be a statute of limitations for coming out and proclaiming or declaring that somebody did something sexual against you. 10-20-30-40 years is too damn long for one's memory to all of a sudden appear and make accusations against men. Not saying these men aren't pervy, but it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-07-17 at 11:43 AM.

Hah... yeah some of the Third-Wave level feminists are wresting with all of this, no doubt. Stick with the narrative, or defend the party and the far left? Oye!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Just that the other Dems can't be seen to be anything but culture warriors against the evil males.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-07-17 at 01:44 PM.

I sure am glad I am an old married guy because I would have no idea how folks go on dates nowadays.

Back in the olden days one would flirt by saying something like, "Gosh Mildred you sure do look pretty gee-wiz today; may I be so bold as to carry your books?"

Today, I fear a restraining order would appear in my mailbox by nightfall.

I know my above post is a little silly, but the serious part is a serious question:

"How do people get together?"

Most folks here are adults and I would assume most have gone on dates with people they are currently NOT married to. The old adage is, "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince."

That adage indicates that people smooch more than one person in their lives. To smooch you need to get pretty close, to get close you have to make a move, to make a move you need some sort of signal that a move is welcomed.

Without something in writing I can see that signals can get misinterpreted.

^ they have wallet sized video and audio tape consent forms.

Hi and welcome to our first date before I open the door and allow you entry into my vehicle please review and sign on the bottom line,you are welcome to have your attorney present at signing.

Welcome to dating in the 2000s

I have a couple of restaurants with small offices,waitresses stand at the door during conversations and every square inch outside of the restrooms are covered by cameras.

My favorite response is,I thought that you were gay because you did not make a move.

Ummm no,it is if I made a move and you did not like it,it becomes expensive for lawyers.

In the south and even more with the Hispanic culture it is common to greet others with a quick hug and peck on the cheek imagine doing that up north,you would be slapped.
    Last edited by Richard; December-07-17 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I sure am glad I am an old married guy because I would have no idea how folks go on dates nowadays.

Back in the olden days one would flirt by saying something like, "Gosh Mildred you sure do look pretty gee-wiz today; may I be so bold as to carry your books?"

Today, I fear a restraining order would appear in my mailbox by nightfall.
    You should probably get a notarized and witnessed letter of permission before you have sex with a woman and keep it in your safe deposit box.

Men need to always remember the old farmer's adage, "you don't breed the working stock and you don't work the breeding stock."

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Men need to always remember the old farmer's adage, "you don't breed the working stock and you don't work the breeding stock."
    HA!!!

And I like Chicago’s take on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    Would be kind of hard to speak out against Roy Moore while sheltering your own, would be kind of hypocritical. Although politics wise it would be better for them to keep Franken because Minn is not guaranteed to elect a DEM in his place while Alabama would most likely elect anyone from the GOP.
    I thought the governor [[D?) was going to appoint to fill remainder of term?

Its not hypocritical. Its self-serving. Hypocrits don't know that they're being disingenuous. Partisans do. The leadership is being pragmatic.

Voters made a decision. They can make another at next election. Everyone should be staying in office until their electorate vote them out, or they are CONVICTED of a major crime. Once others get to 'demand justice', we're heading to mob rule. Now in the private sector, WXYZ can do what they want. I don't care. Not our business.

call them all out. Expose those who need exposing. But there needs to be better public policy follow-ups to this. It can't be all suspensions and firings. Legislators have no excuse, especially female legislators. Push now for better laws on the books.

I noticed that Maddox has been cleared by Channel 7 and has been restored to his morning anchor position. Likewise others mentioned by Rev. Rideout appear to be exonerated.
    Malcom Maddox returned to the anchor chair for WXYZ-TV [[Channel 7) Friday morning, three weeks after accusations of inappropriate behavior made by a Detroit pastor took him off the air. WXYZ announced it plans to take no action against Maddox and another employee mentioned in a Dec. 6 news conference held by the Rev. W.J. Rideout III, pastor of Our God's People Church in Detroit.

The station's parent company, E.W. Scripps Company, reached this conclusion after conducting an investigation into allegations against Maddox, anchor Stephen Clark and General Manager Mike Murri, whom Rideout accused of brushing off inappropriate behavior. In 2015, Scripps found that Maddox's behavior had violated the company's policies, and he was suspended at the time.

The company said there is no evidence to back Rideout's allegations that Clark engaged in inappropriate behavior, or the minister's claim that Murri attempted to cover up such behavior. Clark had previously announced that he was retiring from the station in February.

After the news conference, WXYZ had put Maddox on administrative leave pending the investigation.

This puts the spotlight on Rideout. Who is he and what ax does he have to grind?

His allegations also took down Steven Henderson and cost him is job and position at the Free Press. Henderson's allegations were long in the past and addressed. As there has been no followup chorus of metoo accusations about his behavior, I am finding the Free Press actions impulsive and excessive. Why no suspension and investigation?

Name:  maddox.png
Views: 1382
Size:  265.1 KB

Surprised they haven't fired him yet.

wow. Just gets more bizarre. it's going to be curious to watch TV-7 from now on. If the rest of the morning team just ignores this, it's going to look bad. If they constantly reference this, it's going to look bad. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Surprised they haven't fired him yet.
    They said he's on leave, but after Geoffrey Fieger slapped a 100 million dollar lawsuit against WXYZ-TV, we've probably seen the last of Malcom Maddox.

Yeah Fieger in the room [[from that news clip) is never a good time. I think he's gone.

Look for an "out of court" settlement.....unless WXYZ selects to "make public" all of their dirty coverup laundry on local TV's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast