Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default US deports undocumented immigrant acquitted in Kate Steinle death

Good bye. I think had he killed a marine animal as he said he was actually shooting at he may have gotten some prison time!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/us/kat...ict/index.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-02-17 at 07:04 PM.

Absolutely disgusting! I didn't expect this scumbag to be convicted of murder, but recklessly handling/discharging a firearm and killing an innocent person is textbook involuntary manslaughter. Accident or not, there are countless American citizens in our prisons for far less.

Steinle’s family talks about the anguish and frustration

http://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/article/Exclusive-Kate-Steinle-s-family-speaks-12396710.php

“We just want to get this over with and move on with our lives, and think about Kate on our terms. Nothing’s been on our terms. It’s been on everyone else’s terms,” said Jim Steinle, who was strolling with his 32-year-old daughter on a crowded San Francisco pier when she was shot and killed on July 1, 2015. He, his wife, Liz Sullivan, and their son, Brad Steinle, sat down with The Chronicle recently at their longtime East Bay home for an exclusive interview they planned to be their last.

On Thursday, the verdict arrived: Jose Ines Garcia Zarate was acquitted of all murder and manslaughter charges. He was convicted merely of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

“We’re just shocked — saddened and shocked ... that’s about it,” Jim said. “There’s no other way you can coin it. Justice was rendered, but it was not served.”

Brad said he was “not surprised,” considering the “epic failure” that led Garcia Zarate to be released on the streets, and end up with a loaded handgun on the pier that day.

“I’m stunned that they couldn’t even get him on using the weapon,” Brad said.

And so went the court system’s application of justice in a case that almost instantly became a cause celebre for advocates of a crackdown on illegal immigration. Fox News championed “Kate’s Law” to impose mandatory prison sentences on those who return to the U.S. after deportation. Donald Trump, as candidate and now as president, has routinely cited Kate’s death as justification for building a U.S.-Mexico border wall and punishing sanctuary cities.

The Steinles have a decidedly nuanced view on sanctuary cities. They support the concept as a way to encourage immigrants, regardless of legal status, to come forward as victims or witnesses to crimes without fear of deportation. Yet they believe San Francisco went too far when then-Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi effectively ordered his department to cut off communication with federal immigration authorities.

They also expressed frustration at the sanctimony and stubbornness of San Francisco politicians. In response to the outrage over Kate’s killing, the city modified its sanctuary policy only slightly, allowing notification of federal immigration authorities only when a person convicted of certain violent crimes is about to be released.

The bottom line: An undocumented immigrant with Garcia Zarate’s exact criminal history still could be released from jail to the streets without a call to alert Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-03-17 at 08:11 AM.

Yes, but those individuals crime[[s) did not bear the political weight [[on both sides) that this case does.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Accident or not, there are countless American citizens in our prisons for far less.

Jose Zarate has already been deported five times.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Jose Zarate has already been deported five times.
    Counting that and his drug charges from all of the other states he has 13 felonies.

He knows how to pick his states to get caught in for sure,I agree he will do his 3 years,be deported,and return probably the next day.

I thought it was 10 years prison after getting caught the third time illegally entering.For all of his heroin charges he has to be ratting to be able to walk like he has in the past.

^^^ Clearly Calli was a good choice. They can't get beyond their politics to be effective or resolute in basic immigration law enforcement in this case; setting aside lacking the will to have prevented it.

I don't want my loves ones to be sacrificed at this political alter!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-03-17 at 12:21 PM.

They are so hypocritical though,they push the homeless around like the trash in the streets but find millions to support non Americans,the sad part is that little girls life means nothing to the cause.

There are some really good Americans in California left,unfortunately they are outnumbered.

I think the law should be if you care that much then trade places with the one that you want to sponsor,if you want to support somebody circumventing the system then they move into your house while you move into the one where they came from.

I wonder how that would go over.

There are millions of immigrants that came to this country and suffered on the path to citizenship,it is like spitting in thier face having two sets of rules.
    Last edited by Richard; December-03-17 at 01:58 PM.

^^^ Kate Steinle was 34, which makes her death no less tragic. More black people that reside in SF and elsewhere are speaking up to condemn the favoritism towards undocumented workers/ persons not working. We're not repubs and usually absent of white-guilt impacting some in such matters.

Further, once you remove the let's do this to 'Slap-Trump-in-the-face' factor it's clear that we've a serious immigration policy problem.

A problem facing everyone withstanding partisan obeisance.

In this case you have the left elite, [[as with the elite right) putting forth rulings knowing full well they'll never have to leave their own royal enclosures of safety and exclusion.

Federal law can trump [[pardon the pun) states. Recall Little Rock, Arkansas segregation policies requiring federal push-back or the racist then would kept on their trajectory. Hoping it does not come to that.

One could argue this is but 'one' incident, but I think it's going to be a case mandating the need to enforce immigration laws. Think Matthew Shepherd, the Pettus Bridge march, and other individuals, events and not so large groups who brought about national attention and change.

Whatever, I almost want to say. I have little interested in visiting that city [[San Fran) seeing as how I how I would not want to in life or death be subject to such a twisted court system submitting to politics -- we get enough of that here in the D. No thanks.

But the bigger issue is that manslaughter charges should have been brought forth and would have been demanded had poli-tricts/ politics not stepped in. A politic that clearly demands two sets of rules.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-05-17 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Kate Steinle was 34, which makes her death no less tragic. More black people that reside in SF and elsewhere are speaking up to condemn the favoritism towards undocumented workers/ persons not working. We're not repubs and usually absent of white-guilt impacting some in such matters.

Further, once you remove the let's do this to 'Slap-Trump-in-the-face' factor it's clear that we've a serious immigration policy problem.

A problem facing everyone withstanding partisan obeisance.

In this case you have the left elite, [[as with the elite right) putting forth rulings knowing full well they'll never have to leave their own royal enclosures of safety and exclusion.

Federal law can trump [[pardon the pun) states. Recall Little Rock, Arkansas segregation policies requiring federal push-back or the racist then would kept on their trajectory. Hoping it does not come to that.

One could argue this is but 'one' incident, but I think it's going to be a case mandating the need to enforce immigration laws. Think Matthew Shepherd, the Pettus Bridge march, and other individuals, events and not so large groups who brought about national attention and change.

Whatever, I almost want to say. I have little interested in visiting that city [[San Fran) seeing as how I how I would not want to in life or death be subject to such a twisted court system submitting to politics -- we get enough of that here in the D. No thanks.

But the bigger issue is that manslaughter charges should have been brought forth and would have been demanded had poli-tricts/ politics not stepped in. A politic that clearly demands two sets of rules.
    I'm kind of torn on this one. Though I'm VERY saddened by the loss of the girl's life, I think the guy should have been locked away for his illegal entry attempts, BUT I'm VERY cautious about deporting him for the shooting. What if it WAS an accident? I was never a joiner or supported vigilante-ism.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm kind of torn on this one. Though I'm VERY saddened by the loss of the girl's life, I think the guy should have been locked away for his illegal entry attempts, BUT I'm VERY cautious about deporting him for the shooting. What if it WAS an accident? I was never a joiner or supported vigilante-ism.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you questioning whether or not the man should be deported? Regardless of his involvement in this shooting he is an illegal immigrant who had already been deported 5 times and has 7 non-immigration related felony convictions here in the U.S.

I'm hoping I'm just misinterpreting your post, but if he's not going to be incarcerated here what possible reason is there to not deport him back to Mexico?

Yes, per that link I posted on #3 her parents are not happy about differing sides using this incident for their own agenda and vendetta.

Last edited by Zacha341; December-06-17 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you questioning whether or not the man should be deported? Regardless of his involvement in this shooting he is an illegal immigrant who had already been deported 5 times and has 7 non-immigration related felony convictions here in the U.S.

I'm hoping I'm just misinterpreting your post, but if he's not going to be incarcerated here what possible reason is there to not deport him back to Mexico?

Sorry for the cryptic post. I think he SHOULD either be deported, or solidly locked up. Just not for the shooting, if indeed he was aiming for a seagull or the gun went off by accident. There seems to be enough reason to lock this guy up without making one up. He should not be allowed to roam around freely in the USA.

The Feds are picking up gun and illegal re-entry charges now.

Has anybody ever actually fired a weapon by stepping on it? That would have to be a feat in itself.

Last edited by Zacha341; December-06-17 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Has anybody ever actually fired a weapon by stepping on it? That would have to be a feat in itself.
    You mean "feet" don't you?

Incorrect thread title. He hasn't been deported, he's in jail awaiting transfer to federal authorities where he is to be charged with two federal offenses that carry a potential 20 year combined prison sentence.

^^^ Yeah, dig that. I pulled the thread title straight from the news link but considering how accurate mainstream news is I'll let it stand. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-07-17 at 05:49 AM.

^ bad girl,do you not know that an incorrect thread title is punishable with up to five years,you could have at least thrown in a misspelled word in for good measure.

Even though in the end deportation to a not so nice part of his home country with a slip of the tounge saying,thank you for that information,will not end well for him.

^^^ Uh, shucks. I stand so accused.....

^ bad girl,do you not know that an incorrect thread title is punishable with up to five years,you could have at least thrown in a misspelled word in for good measure.
    I say deport her, natural born citizen or not.

^ then she could sneak back across the border and have free healthcare,legal representation and advanced higher education along with more rights then as an citizen.

Maybe I could do that and get free classes to improve my spelling.

Did you know they pay $15,000 to the coyotes to guide them through the trip? And are still illegal apoun arrival subject to immediate deportation.

With my boat I could make $100,000 for a 8 hour ride comfortably bringing 6.

But we went out fishing in the gulf yesterday morning,23 miles out at 7 am and we were boarded twice with them looking for extra passengers.
    Last edited by Richard; December-07-17 at 04:31 PM.

.................................................. .................................................. ...
    With my boat I could make $100,000 for a 8 hour ride comfortably bringing 6.

But we went out fishing in the gulf yesterday morning,23 miles out at 7 am and we were boarded twice with them looking for extra passengers.
    Come on Richard, you know you could make more than that carrying non live cargo in plain brown wrapper. Why settle for small change?
    Then with your new found wealth you could buy us all spelling lessons and keep the D.Yes crowd happy.

Lol they call that square Grouper,it is funny the thoughts and options that goes through ones mind when you see it.

It could be $500k in product,$500k in cash,you could hook it and pull it to the boat for a quick peek but then there is that forever present eye in the sky that you cannot see but they can see you scratching your nose.

If one is feeling lucky they could haul it in and hope a set of bracelets and a trafficking and conspiracy charge is not waiting for them at the dock.

Or you could call it in to the coast guard and wait the hour for them to arrive and then spend the next three hours convincing them that it was not yours in the first place.

Or you can just keep motoring on and watch it disappear into the sunset.

They say back in the day you could take a go fast out and make $50k for a quick hour.

But now there is a maze of Dea,homeland security,Fwc and every other agency that can float a boat scouring every inch of the waters,even at that the odds are 1 in 10 but luck has a habit of running out.

90 miles to Cuba or the Bahamas,illegals come here,steal a center console with quads or double engines,make the run and then strip the boats for parts,$60k for a set of motors $100k for the run,1 week across the border and they already have a 160k payday.Hell they do not even speak English let alone worry about spelling.

Hah. Uh, I'ma stay. Though I do keep a passport at the ready!!

I say deport her, natural born citizen or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast