Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Macomb County Trash King Rizzo Pleads Guilty to Bribery

A widespread corruption scheme involving public official bribery, billing scams and embezzlements, and led to criminal charges against 17 people — and 11 guilty pleas, reached its climax with Trash King Chuck Rizzo meekly pleading guilty to a variety of charges. He faces up to ten years and multi-million dollar forfeitures.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ery/107497240/

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    A widespread corruption scheme involving public official bribery, billing scams and embezzlements, and led to criminal charges against 17 people — and 11 guilty pleas, reached its climax with Trash King Chuck Rizzo meekly pleading guilty to a variety of charges. He faces up to ten years and multi-million dollar forfeitures.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ery/107497240/
    This convicted felon has a ridiculous Taj Mahal of a home under construction on Quarton Rd. east of Woodward in Bloomfield.

Wonder what will happen with that unfinished monstrosity. It's so outrageously ugly all the neighbors' property values likely dropped.

Brings up familiar stories from my neck of the woods. A big construction guy, Tony Accurso is on trial for similar stuff in Montreal. He used to bribe city officials and invite a few of them on his enormous yacht in the carribean. The boat has a sweetly evocative name; "Touch".

Funny, I thought all the corruption happens in Wayne County? That's the spin I've always heard.

I'm glad to see that this crook is going to do time. That said, I'm curious as to what/if any legal recourse Rizzo's competitors may have against him, the NY private equity fund that was backing him or GFL [[The company that bought Rizzo out).

The company that used to pick up here in Milford was forced out [[And later out of business) likely due to Rizzo's shenanigans and others like Waste Management and Tringali lost tons of contracts to Rizzo over the years.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; November-10-17 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Funny, I thought all the corruption happens in Wayne County? That's the spin I've always heard.
    Oh, corruption is anywhere and everywhere. Wayne County government, especially [[but not only) under Ficano happen to be very thorough about their corruption. I think Candice Miller ran for Macomb PW commissioner [[presumably a step down the ladder for a prominent member of the majority party of the US House) specifically to root out the apparently obvious corruption. But crooks run all over government, at all levels.