Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So now I hear he fractured the skull of the child, when he beat his wife and step child, leading to his Air Force reprimand. He was said to have received 12 months 'confinement', whatever that is, and got a 'bad conduct' discharge.

How does one fracture a kid's skull in an act of rage and only get 12 months of confinement?

He should have been in prison on Sunday instead of massacring that congregation.

“He assaulted his stepson severely enough that he fractured his skull,” said Don Christensen, a retired colonel who was the chief prosecutor for the Air Force, adding, “He pled to intentionally doing it.”

Prosecutors withdrew several other charges as part of their plea agreement with Mr. Kelley, including allegations that he repeatedly pointed a loaded gun at his wife.

He was ultimately sentenced in November that year to 12 months’ confinement and reduction to the lowest possible rank. His final duty title was “prisoner.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/u...T.nav=top-news
    Add to the failure to report his crimes to the gun database, or whatever it is that should deny his attempts at legal purchase of firearms, some heads should roll at the Air Force.

But he also lied about his residence, saying he lived in Colorado Springs instead of New Braunfels, TX; if a proper background check would have been done, that would have been revealed

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    But he also lied about his residence, saying he lived in Colorado Springs instead of New Braunfels, TX; if a proper background check would have been done, that would have been revealed
    Yes. So when Donald says "this isn't a guns situation" he's obviously out of the loop. Lining the pockets of the NRA.

Also, it's reported that the gunman was an animal abuser.
    Last edited by Maof; November-07-17 at 10:09 AM.

^^^ Yes, I thought Trump's comment strange withstanding the NRA [[considering Detroiter's, overwhelmingly democratic legal firearms owners are hardly NRA members!).

Especially noting that in the effort to stop Donald's shooting spree he was shot by a gun owner, before finally shooting himself.

Gun ownership and use had multiple applications here! I guess everyone has a dog in this fight!!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-07-17 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You posted this first then further down the thread you answered your own statement as to the difference between a BCD and a DD,are you okay?
    It's OK Richard, I understand that you lack the basic intellectual capacity to detect that I was mocking our lax and ineffectual gun laws. Obviously I was suggesting that a BCD should automatically be grounds to prohibit gun ownership just as DD is, but I used satire, which was too much for you to comprehend. Next time I'll dumb it down for ya.

People move all the time, the federal government has no way to know where you live at any given moment and that type of information would not be verifiable by a background check conducted through NICS. Address and identity is verified at the time of purchase by showing a valid driver's license or other valid form of ID, but again, you can have a driver's license that is valid but not reflective of your current address.

Also, believe it or not, it is not against the law to purchase a long gun in the state of Texas with an out-of-state ID, provided that long gun is legal to own in the buyer's home state. So someone with a Colorado driver's license absolutely can legally purchase an AR-15 in the state of Texas despite having an out-of-state driver's license. But you are correct, you are supposed to put your current address on the purchase form.
    Last edited by aj3647; November-07-17 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    So now I hear he fractured the skull of the child, when he beat his wife and step child, leading to his Air Force reprimand. He was said to have received 12 months 'confinement', whatever that is, and got a 'bad conduct' discharge.

How does one fracture a kid's skull in an act of rage and only get 12 months of confinement?

He should have been in prison on Sunday instead of massacring that congregation.

Add to the failure to report his crimes to the gun database, or whatever it is that should deny his attempts at legal purchase of firearms, some heads should roll at the Air Force.

He should have been put in a cell with someone who would have cracked his skull every other sunday.

I can only imagine what it's like for these folks who lost so many out of a population of 350.

[QUOTE=aj3647;537361]It's OK Richard, I understand that you lack the basic intellectual capacity to detect that I was mocking our lax and ineffectual gun laws. Obviously I was suggesting that a BCD should automatically be grounds to prohibit gun ownership just as DD is, but I used satire, which was too much for you to comprehend. Next time I'll dumb it down for ya.[/QOUTE]

Sorry,my bad I thought you were already dumbing it down,does this mean you are not going to anymore?

If the civilian laws are different then military why should a BCD automatically be a disqualification for gun ownership?

In civilian life a felony over 1 year in prison disqualifies,you can get a BCD for not showing up for work in the military verses being fired in civilian life.

So miss a few days of work and you have to turn in your guns?

Missing ships movement can get you a BCD and military jail time,in civilian life if you miss the cruise ship leaving are you guilty of a felony.

I know a few that were in special/black ops,that were unable to control the domestic violence outside of the mission,they were kicked out so many times for it but yet called back in for reenlistment when needed like nothing ever happened,it took them years of professional help to learn how to bring it down a notch in order to make it in civilian life.

They needed that crazy aspect to survive.

It is two different sets of rules.
    Last edited by Richard; November-07-17 at 06:35 PM.

There is A person somewhere, man/woman, still sitting at their desk that FAILED to report this killer to the proper authorities resulting in the murder of 26 innocent people; and somebody that is complicit is shielding them.

We need to know who it was so they can face the consequences and be fired from the Public Payroll. Even more importantly we want to know how many more useless workers we employ with out tax dollars that are guilty of the same dereliction of duty so we can disarm the people they have sheltered, and save people’s lives. Screw PC; lets get it done.

True.

There's a lot that went wrong with this situation beyond him simply using a gun to kill people. And frankly, if he really wanted to kill a ton people, would not having access to a gun really stop him? I think not.

But unfortunately, that won't stop certain folks from making this into a political issue to further their agenda to ban all [[or most) guns.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    There is A person somewhere, man/woman, still sitting at their desk that FAILED to report this killer to the proper authorities resulting in the murder of 26 innocent people; and somebody that is complicit is shielding them.

We need to know who it was so they can face the consequences and be fired from the Public Payroll. Even more importantly we want to know how many more useless workers we employ with out tax dollars that are guilty of the same dereliction of duty so we can disarm the people they have sheltered, and save people’s lives. Screw PC; lets get it done.
    That will never happen,people are looking for someone to physically place blame for closure,but it is the system.

At best a sacrificial low hanging person may be selected to appease,then it will be the same as before.They will be fried and thier life ruined over something they really had no control over.

Billions spent on airport security, but yet only 20% effective in stopping potential.But it makes people feel safer to fly.

It is just the odds when dealing with large numbers,there will always be a percentage falling through the cracks no matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    There's a lot that went wrong with this situation beyond him simply using a gun to kill people. And frankly, if he really wanted to kill a ton people, would not having access to a gun really stop him? I think not.
    What else was he going to do? Drive a truck through the brick walls of the church to kill those inside? Build a bomb with his master bomb-making skills?

There's a reason why the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for mass killers. They didn't just look at a table containing a knife, a baseball bat, a pair of car keys, and an AR-15 and then play "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" and pick the AR-15 at random. They deliberately chose it for a reason. I'll leave it up to you to decide why, out of all the weapons at their disposal, they chose that one.

But unfortunately, that won't stop certain folks from making this into a political issue to further their agenda to ban all [[or most) guns
    We're only supposed to "not make it political" if the shooter is a white man with an AR-15. It took Trump exactly two hours to make the NYC truck attack political with his comments on immigration policy.

I don't want to ban guns. Here's a controversial idea, how about a law requiring the Armed Forces to put in place polices and procedures to ensure the mandatory reporting of all BCDs related to domestic violence to NICS so that these military wife-beaters and child-beaters can't buy guns. Does that offend your Second Amendment sensibilities?

What about banning bump stocks? Can we at least do that too? There is no Constitutional "right to keep and carry aftermarket firearm accessories" after all. Can we do that?

The answer of course to both of the above questions is "no" because the NRA and GOP won't allow it.
    Last edited by aj3647; November-09-17 at 01:28 PM.

According to this it does not take a rocket scientist to make an explosive device.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobile...stop/490314431

POLICE: WOMAN ARRESTED AFTER SHE TRIES TO IGNITE EXPLOSIVE DEVICE DURING TRAFFIC STOP

I tried to find a link to where a bump stock broke out of its packaging while being delivered and killed a bunch of people but have been unable.

Maybe we need to look at where the whole values and morals aspect of where this country went.
    Last edited by Richard; November-09-17 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    According to this it does not take a rocket scientist to make an explosive device.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobile...stop/490314431

POLICE: WOMAN ARRESTED AFTER SHE TRIES TO IGNITE EXPLOSIVE DEVICE DURING TRAFFIC STOP

I tried to find a link to where a bump stock broke out of its packaging while being delivered and killed a bunch of people but have been unable.

Maybe we need to look at where the whole values and morals aspect of where this country went.
    Well put. Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    We're only supposed to "not make it political" if the shooter is a white man with an AR-15. It took Trump exactly two hours to make the NYC truck attack political with his comments on immigration policy.
    Sorry, but "Whitey is the devil" doesn't fly with me. I would be saying the same thing if we were discussion a purple-colored alien from Mars. Race / gender are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned in this instance.

But nice try.
    Last edited by 313WX; November-09-17 at 06:36 PM.

True.

But unfortunately, that won't stop certain folks from making this into a political issue to further their agenda to ban all [[or most) guns.
    Yes, he could have used a Truck like the guy in Nice, France. Trucks and cars have suddenly become a bit of a fad in terrorism, I suppose.
    Carry on with the guns alright, let's just have more of them and everything will be better. On the other hand trucks are the devil to monitor. I wonder about all these self driving cars with the power to avoid collisions.
    Will some be able to circumvent and program them to hit people?

They already can hack GPS to ships and ghost locations so it would be plausible to do the same with cars,one can intercept a digital signal and view people's cameras inside of the house .

I am sure somebody will figure it out just because they can then add that GPS is not always 100% it can get scary.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, he could have used a Truck like the guy in Nice, France. Trucks and cars have suddenly become a bit of a fad in terrorism, I suppose.
    Carry on with the guns alright, let's just have more of them and everything will be better. On the other hand trucks are the devil to monitor. I wonder about all these self driving cars with the power to avoid collisions.
    Will some be able to circumvent and program them to hit people?
    Good point. Homeland Security is also worried about the threat weaponized drones pose to aviation. Self driving cars and trucks can carry larger loads but drones can fly over fences and otherwise access more places.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2