Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Debate day: Duggan vs Young II

For those who didn't get the news, today, a mayoral debate will be hosted on WDIV, WTVS, and streamed on the Detroit News website at 8pm.

This will be the only day that both candidates will be able to face each other and answer the questions that Detroiters want to know about how they will solve the city's problems.

Anyone what to help out with a scouting report for this debate, feel free to post on this thread.

Joel Loving will claim Duggan hasn't done anything for the neighborhoods and in fact has made life worse for blacks in Detroit. I'm sure gentrification will come up. There will be a lot of veiled and possibly blatant race bating.

Duggan will point out the many positives that have occurred the past 4 years and claim he has done things to help the neighborhoods.

Young II will try and pull a Trump and swing for the fences regardless of facts to get Duggan off his game. Get ready for an outrageous "debate" and a silly spectacle.

Coleman will definitely need a snack break about halfway through.

Just another "Dog and Pony Show" Pretty sure it will be divisive, since that's where politics are these days, thanks to you know who.......

Quote Originally Posted by MrMichigan View Post
    Coleman will definitely need a snack break about halfway through.
    You shouldn't make comments like that. But also, I laughed really, really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    you shouldn't make comments like that. But also, i laughed really, really hard.

Young is Detroit's Trump. His base is made up of those who haven't been able to find success since the recession and believe that the "other" is to blame. I'm sure we wont see much other than that same divisionary rhetoric from him tonight.

See there he goes again!
    This is awesome so far.

We’re they calling him senators Hill?
    Last edited by One Shot; October-25-17 at 08:02 PM.

That sky-train thing is gonna be great...

Young has no shame to attempt to offer unrealistic impossible solutions to real problems to the citizens of Detroit so he can make a good living.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; October-25-17 at 08:09 PM.

Little Coleman v2.0 came across as quite the buffoon.

I have never voted for a democrat in my life but if I lived in that city I would vote for Duggan. He is going to roundly defeat his bad joke of an opponent.

"Take back the Motherland" ??? Is Coleman going to invade Russia ??

somebody please post a transcript link when they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    somebody please post a transcript link when they can.

http://www.dptv.org/blogs/one-detroi...ayoral-debate/

Duggan looked like he didn't want to be there at all but who would want accusations thrown at them all night. He also probably thought about all the hard work like Law School, hell even undergrad and was like why am I up here against this guy. None of these things has CAY2 accomplished yet. CAY2 needed a better performance than what he ended up with, points that stick out is The motherland comment, SkyTran, Federal dollars and the Q line baseless accusation.

I'm not voting for a guy that doesn't know 94 & Van Dyke isn't Downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Little Coleman v2.0 came across as quite the buffoon.

I have never voted for a democrat in my life but if I lived in that city I would vote for Duggan. He is going to roundly defeat his bad joke of an opponent.
    I think roles are being reversed here, not that libs and cons are ever consistent, however, dems traditionally pander to minorities whilst reps to business. Duggan is doing exactly what the city needs regardless of his political party affiliation.