Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DetroitYes "In Memorium" Membership

I've been away from the discussions for quite awhile now and I've been looking for and I miss seeing some of the old timers on the DetroitYes discussions that I used to see. I am at that time in my life that I am losing family and friends which makes that issue up in my mind when I don't see people for awhile. So, I was wondering if DetroitYes might have started a memorial for members that have passed away. After all we are a family of sorts! Mortalman feeling like a very mortal man these days!!

I knew Gannon, Django, Sumas [[and her husband Ron), as I've mentioned here in the past. Those were medical or age-related deaths, apart from Django.

[[There was a memorial for Gannon on Belle Isle and another for Django at the Old Miami bar on Cass.)

Those four were the people I knew, but there would be others. It might have a forum topic of its own on the Connections forum section of Detroityes.

At some point, I need to contact Django's relatives and the publisher of his Junky Chronicles book [[a Detroit blog in paperback form), as I wish to give them the interviews I filmed of Django.

The publisher can have my stuff free of charge because I was hoping he'd give the DVD interviews away [[for free) with each sale of the book.

I'll cover the DVD production costs, and the publisher can throw in the Django interview DVD for free with each book sale, assuming Django's blog-book is still in print.

We have a "tag" for that of 'DetroitYES Member Obituary' which brings up threads of members who have passed. Click the following tag link to see.

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/tags.p...ember+obituary

At the bottom of every page, below the Quick Reply box, there is an opportunity to tag threads with key words or phrases. Please tag your posts or add to existing ones as it helps in situations like this.

You will also see a link to View Tag Cloud which lets you see the most popular tags.