Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Motown pilgrimage a moving experience for hundreds of British fans

I read that today. Kind of cool and fun for them. Something we take for granted.

we hung out with a couple of welsh guys during their stay - their knowledge of detroit r&b & motown & so many other detroit labels [[who knew?) was encyclopedic. besides the concerts we went to bakers & the raven; they were astounded by the talent here playing for a just a couple dozen [[or less).

We met four of the group on the Q-Line on Thursday and they remarked how much they were enjoying their visit and how clean the city was. Loved hearing that.

I have an older car,the paint is kinda faded,a few little dings here and there,I notice it every day and do not really think it is that special although I like it,but when others see it they always remark what a cool car it is.

I guess for me because I see it every day I notice all of the faults as a detriment and overlook the good sides of it.

Motown,the history of the automobile and the city it shaped and even the period architecture examples are things most coming to visit are interested in,they save for month's and spend thousands for the privilege of that lifetime experience,they do not care about potholes,lack of street lighting or the ills of daily life or even view it as a negative towards the city,they come to see the silver lining,keep destroying that history then there is no point.

They are spending minimum $4000 dollars to experience that privilege,how many feel that spending that kinda of money in order to see the city and what it has to offer is worth it?
    Last edited by Richard; October-24-17 at 10:33 AM.