Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Have You Been Hacked

With the recent hacking of EQUIFAX of circa 146,000 people’s private information and the many other hackings we have been informed of by the media over recent years, I don't hear of people being affected yet, and I keep thinking......

1) What are the best steps to take to keep our assets safe and not have illegal purchases or loans made in our names? [[has everybody already done it)?

2) Why don’t we hear of many many thousands of people already losing their financial security to hackers? I'm sure the media would love to tell us if it's happening. But it's not happening

3) Is it only a matter of time before it starts?
    Last edited by coracle; October-20-17 at 07:43 PM.

No, but I've been hacking since I took that last hit, does that count?

I think it more of a case of not if but when,there is to much quick money in selling personal information,state DMVs sell it all of the time.

LEO monitors the dark web to verify hacks because within minutes the information is for sale,they know before the institution does.The big corps try to hide it because it does not look good in the papers and it dissolves trust.

Illegals pay $1000 for work SS numbers,10 a week and it gets profitable quick.

All one can really do is limit their personal liability,it used to be one could change one number on their SS number and or birth-date and pass it off as a opps if brought to attention but the linking of systems kinda killed that.

I use a pre-paid card when paying any bill or purchase over the internet,even property taxes,paypal,utilities etc. it adds a $5 charge to load it,but if it gets compromised funds available are limited and you just throw the card away and get another.Considering the time and expense involved in straightening out a theft situation it is cheap.

It is a padlock game design a secure padlock and right alongside of you is the person figuring out how to unlock it.

Most of the smaller companies do not have the funds for security that needs to be monitored everyday,and the larger ones just create more of a challenge for the hackers that need a bit more mental stimulation.

But it does not really matter,push comes to shove and one could probably kick somebody $5000 or so within the company to open a back door,people loose values real quick when it comes to cash.

There is not really much one can do to stay safe,more so a matter of odds and you do not hear about the millions that have their identity stolen everyday and are dealing with it.

The old days they just went to public records and found somebody that passed in the same age and assumed that identity,the theft has been there forever it is just easier now because one can do it from the comfort of their home.