Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Conspiracy theories and tin foil hats

People love to call out conspiracy theories and tell others to remove the tin foil.

The video contains de-classified documents from 1963 outlining how to instigate a war with Cuba.

http://nsarchive2.gwu.edu//news/20010430/doc1.pdf

if you just want to read the report.

See any similarities still in practice today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5rBc4GS06s

Last edited by Richard; October-16-17 at 04:15 PM.

DetroitNightLights Guest

Huh. I thought the US was friends with Cuba now. Why would we be trying to start a war with them?

I'm sorry, I just can't imagine this has been going on since 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The video contains de-classified documents from 1963 outlining how to instigate a war with Cuba.
    They were from 1962. A few months after submitted, the author was booted from his job as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. So I think you can assume the proposal didn't go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    They were from 1962. A few months after submitted, the author was booted from his job as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. So I think you can assume the proposal didn't go over well.
    True,but he was the Joint Chief of Staff and not exactly an E1 so the mindset was there.

The CIA overthrow policies do not exactly entail walking up to a repressive dictator and asking him to resign either,while enjoying a bourbon and a cigar.

Outside of the US there have been instances occur as outlined in the declassified documents.