Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Corvette at Mc Donald's

What is almost certainly a camouflaged prototype of the long rumored mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette was spotted pulling into the drive-through of a Michigan Mickey D’s, with two more and a current convertible Corvette parked in the lot nearby.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/10/...nalds-run.html

I am suprised that nobody snapped an interior pic from the one in the parking lot.

Cool shots. Been a rumor for so long and now a reality! Be awesome to see when it comes out.

Nice looking car. I think I saw one with the rear camo off the other day near the tech center. Looks like they fixed the goofy rear tail lights.

At the supplier I worked for years ago, we used to take Rolls Royce drive-able engineering samples through the McDonald's drive-through. Made it seem more elegant.

They really are stepping up the game with that one,I wonder what the price tag will be.

I have a yellow 76 stingray that has been sitting in the garage on blocks for the last 15 years,not the most impressive years.The miles matches the year.

I had more fun driving the 60s GTOs and Mach 1 then that one.

They had a 1960 mid engine corvette prototype that recently sold for over a million to a private collector,I wonder why they never mainstreamed them before.

About $150k.

FAR more power than the current ZO6. Perhaps nearly double.

Likely called the C8 Zora.

Low production halo car,.. not a replacement for the current C7. Perhaps 3,000 cars?

Will STOMP anything from any major manufacturer. Think budget Veyron.

That's the Mcdonald's in Milford [[Off of G.M Road). It's just about an everyday occurrence to see wrapped cars from the Proving Grounds there, but the Vette definitely would have caught my attention. I'll be watching for those when I'm in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    It's just about an everyday occurrence to see wrapped cars from the Proving Grounds there, but the Vette definitely would have caught my attention. I'll be watching for those when I'm in town.
    That's prime car watching area. Lingenfelter is off of Kensington road, you can see all kinds of stuff around there.

If this is running up against the supercars, then $150k is a bargain.

Next question is engine... do they continue with the push-rod in the ZO6? or are they going the twin turbo - DOHC route?

We have heard the ZO6 team state that they have taken front engine/super charged OHV V-8 as far as it can go... but we are also seeing spy shots of the next Zr1 [[looks like a Z06 with a massive wing)

The current ZO6 seems to have a problem putting down the power and keeping things well controlled, even with that, it still is usually in the top 5 on almost every track.