Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The other shoe to drop will be when the pediphiles et al of hollywood are also dragged forward. For sure this abuse is not just men vs. women. Nope.

But I think little will change until the culture of the 'casting couch' does.

Someone will simply be put forth to fall on their sword, at the particular right time, as an absolution for those not yet in the 'lime light'.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-22-17 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The other shoe to drop will be when the pediphiles et al of hollywood are also dragged forward. For sure this abuse is not just men vs. women. Nope.

Someone will simply be put forth to fall on their sword, at the particular right time, as an absolution for those not in the 'lime light'.
    30 women have already come forth about a director/writer named James Toback, so maybe the end is coming
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...018-story.html

Someone will simply be put forth to fall on their sword, at the particular right time, as an absolution for those not in the 'lime light'.
    I guess he did not find Jennifer Lawrence appealing,she has stated that he never tried anything with her,but yet in her memoirs Shirley Temple stated that on her first interview the producer exposed himself to her.

He was a fading powerhouse years ago and never really was the whole singular all commanding as depicted,his first films produced were rejected because they carried an X rating and he had to sue to get that changed,so you want to be a star under a guy that clearly showed where he leaned,what could go wrong.

Miramax is a puddle in the swamp going up against conglomerates of HBO,Time Warner,Cinemax which as a group carry far more power to stomp out the little guys.

But the whole movie industry is in transition from the big screen to TV content.Downton Abby cost $1.6 million per episode to produce but yet netted Public TV $24 million per year for 6 seasons,far more profit then big screen.

Netflix,Google,Amazon etc are all getting into the game which does not leave much room for the big screen players and opens the door for a lot of cheaper talent,which puts a lot of the big names on edge when it comes to big screen salary demands.

It may sound harsh,but I do take a lot of this with a grain of salt to an extent.

Back in the 70s when day care centers started becoming popular in Minnesota,a case came forward of child molestation at a day care center,an investigation was launched into all day care centers and the hired child physiologist discovered widespread abuse and the allegations flew.

It was later determined that the physiologist was actually coaching the children on what to say and they were only allegations that did not exist,hundreds of business owners and their families were ruined and bankrupted in the process,and the dawn of the chain day care centers was born.

We live in the time now were women in the workplace want to be treated equal but still be treated like a lady,comment that she is wearing a nice dress and expect a trip to HR and risk being fired.

I have an acquaintance that hires for company representatives and a new job applicant showed up in a mini skirt and a blouse showing lots of cleavage,he explained to her that the position was for a professional representative and what she was currently wearing would be unacceptable if she were to be hired,she was hired and showed up the first day of work dressed in the same manner.

She was sent home and she immediately filed a grievance of discrimination,it went no where but there was a cost factor in defending the accusations,I am thinking that company in the future will be thinking twice about the gender factor when hiring.

It seems kinda strange that not long ago there was a big concern going around about the ratio of female actresses to male actors but yet here we are.

Probably just rambling,but it does seem as the whole Hollywood scene is being knocked down a few well deserved notches.
    Last edited by Richard; October-22-17 at 11:57 AM.

Welcome to the private world of black ops,where the adverage millionaire can hire x CIA,Mossad and British intelligence agents to help build a shroud.

On you tube there are lots of documentaries on past starlets and thier rise to fame and what they went through on the rise to fame.

The interesting one is Raquel Welch,an international sex symbol that never showed nudity even while doing a playboy spread.

She was blacklisted,sued for it and won a 12 million dollar settlement.

Out of all of those women why is it that only one stood up for herself?

When will these women realize that #MeToo means POUND MeToo to my generation?

Moving on from Hollywood to politics, directly:

And now Franken
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/u...e-kissing.html

And now Moore.....
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/sena...exual-51210105

Any more??

Moving on from Hollywood to politics, directly:

And now Franken
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/u...e-kissing.html

And now Moore.....
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/sena...exual-51210105

Any more??
    Any Male that holds power/wealth/respect from community needs to be destroyed...........that's the feminist's dream.

^^^ Eh, make that the third-wave feminists who think that way [[extreme)!

On the other hand it's not just man-upon-women nonsense as we see with Kevin Spacey!

Other un-wanted admixtures, advancing power are pending.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-19-17 at 10:16 AM.

Pay me $5000 and I will go public about the time Miss Piggy stuck her tounge in my ear when I was getting her autograph 35 years ago.

Woman says , he threw me down on the bed and stuck his tounge in my mouth forcefully when I went to his hotel room to audition,then he did it again the second time I went.

I have to admit though,for 30,000,000 and a leading role in a movie I would probably let a female producer have her way with me,I figure it is 30 seconds of a lifetime.

Maureen Dowd criticizes everyone including opponents of Trump, the Clintons, Moore, and Franken for looking the other way unless there was an advantage to politicizing sexual impropiety.

Exerpt-
    "Are the liberals who now say Bill should have resigned because they want to clear the decks to better go after President Trump, thinking that sex may be a more effective weapon than Russia to bring him down? It’s easy to turn on the Clintons these days and treat them as collateral damage, the way the Clintons treated all those women who got tangled up with Bill." -Maureen Dowd, NY Times

What if she wants more than 30 seconds? ---- !

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I have to admit though,for 30,000,000 and a leading role in a movie I would probably let a female producer have her way with me,I figure it is 30 seconds of a lifetime.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-19-17 at 11:46 AM.

In that case I would have to lower my standards and except the $10 for an obscure extra role that gets run over by a steam roller in the background of some B movie.

On a side note if you stream ... Roku-HBO Now free trail period-Sopranos-Game of Thrones-binge watch.Or you can order for 30 days then cancel.Personally,I never did like having to wait until the next season in order to catch up on series.

More than 30 seconds? Is that even humanly possible?

And now Charlie Rose. Fired from two networks -- one day! When the wagons are finally circled for Trump they'll not be blamed for just going after the right! Maybe that's the strategy!!?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...legations.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ha...ations-n822691

That is becoming a common consensus,with President Trump as the finial target.

Find 50 participants and offer them $50,000 and they would be lining up out the door.

There was one of those highly educated physiologist types being interviewed the other day and when the question was being asked,why now with everybody coming public?

Thier reply was the human herd mentality theory,kinda like it is popular to jump on the band wagon and follow the herd.

The problem with it being weaponized is the public will reach a it is just another thing aspect,which long term is going to have negative results for those coming forward.

The meaning gets lost in the shuffle when all one needs to do is place an allegation and is automatically guilty in the public eye.

The good thing I guess is the Japanese have made great strides in life like female companions because it is getting to the point where even saying Hi to a female stranger could be twisted into an unwanted advance.

I wonder what the ratio of good women and good men that are actually left in the world by the way things are portrayed.

Charlie Rose has a spot on RT,and seems to be okay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    More than 30 seconds? Is that even humanly possible?
    I guess there is always the 4 hour option,but the moment would be lost thinking about the whole recommended consulting of a physician afterwards.

Final and finial, many people including his original supporters are not feeling his knob ornamentation of improved policies and failed promises! And as I said above, he'll not be able to say it's a repub-only accusation as others have already gone down. Even from the left hollywood grail....

That is becoming a common consensus,with President Trump as the finial target.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-26-17 at 11:31 AM.

You can't say 'no means no' unless someone makes an unwanted sexual advance. Yet you don't truly know if it's an unwanted advance until you try. If you try and succeed, that's called 'consensual'....yet that one-time consent has no bearing on any further encounters, where you could still run the risk of being guilty of an 'unwanted sexual advance'. This could all be solved by allowing the female sex to always be the initiator towards any sexual encounter, leaving the male sex to be in the position of 'no means no', or actually 'yes means YES !...Oh pretty please !! This reminds me of a couple things....

One, Eddie Murphy's old comedy routine about being lost in the desert for a week without food, and someone offers you a cracker. It might be stale, but to you it's the best thing you ever tasted.

Two, this...... https://www.mgtow.com/ If you're a man under 35, read carefully. If you're a man over 50, read for the entertainment value. If you're a woman, you might want to pass.

Interesting forum link BMan. I can take it -- I like to know how men think. Thanks for sharing.

Re. all of this mess, usually 'consensual' has some form of pre-amble [[even if we cynically dispense with the dinner date or phone call) that 'conveys' mutual interest. Not someone suddenly groping you, or presenting themselves NAKED as was the situation on one of these cases!

I think even most prostitutes getting into the passenger seat of a car have and expect an - albeit short - discussion re. what'll be requested/done/how much!

Having said that this whole mess puts a further wedge between men and women. Were I a man I'd be really worried to say much to women at the work place for example. Women flirt, make ribald sexual jokes [[how shocking!), but women best not in ear-shot when men do it.

Time to be more business like and reserved for everyone on the job, and social events. No does mean no. Talk carefully to the person you are romantically interested in otherwise, about these subjects to obtain their world-view on it. I guess all that dry caution ain't so bad.

Best to know better who you're dealing with before things get questionable.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-27-17 at 09:27 PM.

Saturday I was fitting screens on the front of my house and a young lady stopped to look at the house that was for sale next door,she walked over and after chatting for a bit she said she had the code to the lock box but was nervous about going into the house alone and asked if I would accompany her.

Normaly I would not have hesitated in saying yes,I still said yes but the whole time in the house I made sure there was distance and thought about every word I said before saying it.

That is no way to live.

I have a friend,in the 90s his son was in high school,straight A ,ROTC,never drinking or drugs.

He went to a gathering and a girl that he knew brought him into a bedroom and they were petting but he stopped because he had no protection.He was that "straight".

Monday morning he was in class and two uniformed officers came into the classroom and arrested him placing him in handcuffs and making it loudly known that he was being arrested for rape.

The girl had gone home that evening angry because he would not go all the way and told her mom that he raped her.

The school expelled him,ROTC expelled him and the entire school knew about the reason.

Even after he told his side to the detective and showed him explicit letters that the girl had wrote to him describing in detail what she wanted to do they still were going to charge him with rape.

My friend did not have the money for an attorney,but as they say it is who you know and a favor was called in to one of the best attorneys in the country,a phone call later all charges were dropped,the school issued a public apology and he was reinstated into the ROTC program.

He choose not to press charges against the girl who ended up admitting that she lied.

Now he has been an officer in the Army with a family of his own,that one hour would have changed his life forever.

There is a saying,in business you do not crap where you eat,it has been around for ever and as we see for good reason.
    Last edited by Richard; November-27-17 at 05:52 PM.

A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.
    A woman who falsely claimed to The Washington Post that Roy Moore, the Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Alabama, impregnated her as a teenager appears to work with an organization that uses deceptive tactics to secretly record conversations in an effort to embarrass its targets....

But on Monday morning, Post reporters saw her walking into the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization that targets the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups....

James O’Keefe, the Project Veritas founder who was convicted of a misdemeanor in 2010 for using a fake identity to enter a federal building during a previous sting, declined to answer questions about the woman outside the organization’s offices on Monday morning shortly after the woman walked inside....

Sign of the times indeed. Best to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Saturday I was fitting screens on the front of my house and a young lady stopped to look at the house that was for sale next door,she walked over and after chatting for a bit she said she had the code to the lock box but was nervous about going into the house alone and asked if I would accompany her.

Normaly I would not have hesitated in saying yes,I still said yes but the whole time in the house I made sure there was distance and thought about every word I said before saying it.

That is no way to live.

Sign of the times indeed. Best to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.
    Or have a lawyer draft up a 52 page document that gets presented in front of a notary and 6 witnesses before speaking to a female.

But when dealing with individuals everybody is unique and different,what offends one may not offend another.

I was raised old fashioned I guess,you treat a lady like a lady and a polecat like a polecat.

I was reading somewhere about the whole female bending over in front of the male in the work place,granted there should be no illicit thoughts on the male side but yet from 12 year olds on up the mainstream glamorizes twerking,here they just broke up a elementary school sex texting ring,as they called it.

Just as men should act like a gentleman,ladies should act like a lady,show up to work in a blouse that has fake implants busting out screaming look at me,but do not.Walk down the red carpet in see through clothing but yet want respect.

It is ingrained in our culture and bombarded in movies and now even in children's movies,hit tv shows where one night stands are common.

Old fashioned I guess but this is mainstream breakdown of morals and showing respect for each other.

It is not new I guess,the Romans had their moments but it seems to be reaching a much younger age to where it is acceptable.

I mentioned it before but I have an acquaintance that does the hiring for a large company and the stories he tells me about how some of the applicants are dressed for the interview is insane,I would have hired them back in the day to dance in the clubs but honestly if one shows up dressed in a short skirt that barley covers their rear end and a half open shirt,what are they actually selling,their knowledge or an edge up on gaining employment by the way they are dressed.

He has even had to fire them because of clearly stated dress code violations,I have just always found in most cases if you treat with respect you get respect in return,if you do not then move on,the way it seems there would only be half of the population left if one removed the disrespectful from it.

But is it really worth that job,friendship,career,movie role to be uncomfortable in a situation like that.
    Last edited by Richard; November-29-17 at 01:50 PM.

On the subject of allegations.

The accuser in the Moore case admitted on the today show that she added words to the yearbook entry that was used as evidence.

In an interview she said,at the time she viewed dating him as a badge of honor,25 years later she appeared to be more angry about her not being the only one,or her first love jilted her kinda angry.

It was wrong for him to be 30 dating her but women at that age are far more mature then men or boys of equal age,would she not be aware that it was also wrong on her part?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast