Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Harvey Weinstein Allegations Incoming...

Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 10:35 AM.

Casting couch never went away....PIG!

Who the hell is this guy? I've never heard the name until the last day or two and now it's on all kinds of boards.

^^^ He's one of the top US movie producers, film studio executives, cofounder of Miramax, etc:

Harvey Weinstein

Harvey Weinstein Internet Movie Data Base
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 10:15 AM.

He is just another liberal Obama Clinton supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    He is just another liberal Obama Clinton supporter!
    There's an audio tape in which Weinstein admits that he groped a woman's genitals without her consent and argues that it's OK because he is "famous." Does that in any way sound familiar to you? Where have I heard of such a thing before?

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ein-audio-tape

The only difference is, liberals aren't going to elect this guy President like you did with yours.

Not trying victim blaming,but one meets the guy knowing the reputation,why meet with him in the first place?

He was not the only producer,more so for those raised in the movie industry were aware of what was going on,the first offending encounter they could have walked away but they did not,they chose to continue with the production,rose to fame then talked about it.

From a woman's standpoint,would you agree to a meet alone in a hotel room with a known sleazebag or arrange a meet in a more controlled setting?

One if the tapes she is clearly highly intoxicated,so now you are going to meet with a known sleazbag alone in his hotel room while you are highly intoxicated,what could go wrong.

He was wrong in his methods but also entitled by thought because his actions were overlooked in the interest in getting the part.

I think if they ever got into the whole rock star aspect there would be hundreds of thousands of cases like this.

So somebody in Hollywood being a sleaze is news? How does that work?

Hollywood was built by sleazeballs. It is THE culture out there. It has been since the 20s and 30s at least. Somebody on another board said the only reason this case hit the fan is because he probably pissed somebody off.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Not trying victim blaming,but one meets the guy knowing the reputation,why meet with him in the first place?

He was not the only producer,more so for those raised in the movie industry were aware of what was going on,the first offending encounter they could have walked away but they did not,they chose to continue with the production,rose to fame then talked about it.

From a woman's standpoint,would you agree to a meet alone in a hotel room with a known sleazebag or arrange a meet in a more controlled setting?

One if the tapes she is clearly highly intoxicated,so now you are going to meet with a known sleazbag alone in his hotel room while you are highly intoxicated,what could go wrong.

He was wrong in his methods but also entitled by thought because his actions were overlooked in the interest in getting the part.

I think if they ever got into the whole rock star aspect there would be hundreds of thousands of cases like this.
    Ok Richard, you know your going to get shit for this so let me be the first.

Which victim said they knew what was going to happen? As far as meeting alone with this pig, pretty much most of them, if not all, have said that someone was with them when "meeting" with Weinstein and suddenly, had to leave for whatever reason. Sounds like a setup to me.

Not one of them was said to be intoxicated. Even so, still does not give this asshole the right to do what he did.

So, save yourself for thinking what this guy did was the woman's fault. You are way out of line on this one.
    Last edited by Maof; October-11-17 at 03:29 PM.

I found it interesting how ultra fast the left threw in him into the flames.

Some of the news/ article commentaries are usually emphasized when it's the sleeze of the right. He's done.

Look how long the reticent mumbly-peg went on regarding Roman Polanski. Didn't take 'em long at all to turn on Weinstein!

He should just go fall on his sword and go away. I think that is desired.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 12:28 PM.

I hear that! No surprise. The extreme content of many of their films makes for a non-surprise re. those who produce, endorse and promote such!

Yeah, I think he ticked someone off. Course there's that whole beef with him and another producer. His movie won that year -- theirs didn't. Blah, de blah... I stopped watching those award shows decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    So somebody in Hollywood being a sleaze is news? How does that work?

Hollywood was built by sleazeballs. It is THE culture out there. It has been since the 20s and 30s at least. Somebody on another board said the only reason this case hit the fan is because he probably pissed somebody off.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Ok Richard, you know your going to get shit for this so let me be the first.

Which victim said they knew what was going to happen? As far as meeting alone with this pig, pretty much most of them, if not all, have said that someone was with that person and suddenly, had to leave for whatever reason. Sounds like a setup to me.

Not one of them was said to be intoxicated. Even so, still does not give this asshole the right to do what he did.

So, save yourself for thinking what this guy did was the woman's fault. You are way out of line on this one.
    I am not trying to defend his actions as I thought I made that clear.

He was a well known sleazebag,it was no secret.

One victim had gone to police and went back wired to record conversations,those tapes are being played publicly.

I am not saying it is the woman's fault,but on the other hand we all have a personal responsibility not to place ourself into a know position of detrement.

Why now? Multiple women from as far back as 30 years ago and 1 recently went to the police? The police were around 30 years ago,if they had taken action back then how many would have not have endured the same disrespect?

That is the problem I have,he was allowed to continue because nobody took a stand to stop him.
    Last edited by Richard; October-11-17 at 12:25 PM.

^^ Before anybody else does, I'll mention Cosby. His was different in my view because he carried all over the country and inflicted it on people across the spectrum well outside of entertainment.

I don't know yet if this guy did or not, but if it was only in Hollywood and the entertainment business then I don't understand why it's an issue now either. Like I said above, this kind of thing is ingrained in HW society and is almost expected. Numerous cases have been alleged including some with child actors and little, if anything has even been done.

Here's an explanation as to why most were afraid to come forward.

"Virtually all of the people I spoke with told me that they were frightened of retaliation. “If Harvey were to discover my identity, I’m worried that he could ruin my life,” one former employee told me. Many said that they had seen Weinstein’s associates confront and intimidate those who crossed him, and feared that they would be similarly targeted. Four actresses, including Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette, told me they suspected that, after they rejected Weinstein’s advances or complained about them to company representatives, Weinstein had them removed
    from projects or dissuaded people from hiring them. Multiple sources said that Weinstein frequently bragged about planting items in media outlets about those who spoke against him; these sources feared that they might be similarly targeted. Several pointed to Gutierrez’s case, in 2015: after she went to the police, negative items discussing her sexual history and impugning her credibility began rapidly appearing in New York gossip pages. [[In the taped conversation with Gutierrez, Weinstein asks her to join him for “five minutes,” and warns, “Don’t ruin your friendship with me for five minutes.”)"

Seems the big shot will and did ruin reputations if he did't get what he wanted.
    Last edited by Maof; October-11-17 at 03:33 PM.

60+ million Americans heard Trump BRAG on tape about assaulting women. He fucking bragged about it, like he was some kind of virile Alpha Male for grabbing women by the pussy, and 60+ million Americans heard him say that and said to themselves "yeah, I want this man as my President."

Liberals are denouncing Weinstein. Anyone who received his money is now donating it to charity. His career is over. His life is over. He's persona non grata now. Meanwhile, Trump grabs women by the pussy, brags about it, gets elected President by people like you.

See a difference there? How about with Bill O'Reilly, did conservatives come out as strongly against him as liberals are doing to Weinstein...or did conservatives rally around O'Reilly and defend him, claiming that it was all a "liberal smear job?" How about Roger Ailes? Should I keep going down the list?

Nobody on the Left wants anything to do with disgraced liberals like Weinstein or Anthony Weiner. Sexual Predators on the Right, however, almost get lionized by conservatives as being "victims" of "liberal hit jobs."

Don't even try to equate the two sides, not with President Pussy Grabber as the leader of the conservative movement in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Weinstein
    Everybody loved Cosby, showered him with all kinds of awards and praise, welcomed him everywhere.

Then what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Weinstein

And um .... Paterno ring a bell?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    60+ million Americans heard Trump BRAG on tape about assaulting women. He fucking bragged about it, like he was some kind of virile Alpha Male for grabbing women by the pussy, and 60+ million Americans heard him say that and said to themselves "yeah, I want this man as my President."

Liberals are denouncing Weinstein. Anyone who received his money is now donating it to charity. His career is over. His life is over. He's persona non grata now. Meanwhile, Trump grabs women by the pussy, brags about it, gets elected President by people like you.

See a difference there? How about with Bill O'Reilly, did conservatives come out as strongly against him as liberals are doing to Weinstein...or did conservatives rally around O'Reilly and defend him, claiming that it was all a "liberal smear job?" How about Roger Ailes? Should I keep going down the list?

Nobody on the Left wants anything to do with disgraced liberals like Weinstein or Anthony Weiner. Sexual Predators on the Right, however, almost get lionized by conservatives as being "victims" of "liberal hit jobs."

Don't even try to equate the two sides, not with President Pussy Grabber as the leader of the conservative movement in this country.
    Do you really believe the hundreds of thousands he doneated to Hillary and the Clinton foundation will now go to charity? HAHA!

I get it! You aren't really trying to change the focus.This Weinstein thread is actually about things Trump said! "Anyone who received his money is now donating it to charity" -aj. Really? Which charities did Hillary and the Obama's give their money to? The Clinton Foundation is always a good choice if they haven't made up their minds. Poor Hillary, here she is surrounded by accused rapists; first her beloved and now her contributor.

“He [[Weinstein) is a wonderful human being, a good friend and just a powerhouse.”
    -Michelle Obama 2013

And why wouldn't the lovely Michelle say that? After all, this wonderful human being [[as Democrats go) realized daughter Malia's skills and talents and gave her an intern job because no doubt Malia was the best qualified person after graduating from high school. There is no reason to suspect that it went beyond that but didn't Malia's parents have a clue?
    Last edited by oladub; October-11-17 at 06:23 PM.

60+ million Americans heard Trump BRAG on tape about assaulting women....Liberals are denouncing Weinstein.
    Another way to put it is people heard Trump joking about women being attracted to rich guys, which is the context of the entire conversation on the bus. Still pretty awful, but a long stretch from talking about being a ass on a bus to actually committing sexual assault.

Weinstein actually committed sexual assault multiple times. He's settled several lawsuits with payoffs. This isn't news, it's been going on for decades. Most people in the industry knew about it. You think all of his political beneficiaries didn't know anything about it, either?

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    You think all of his political beneficiaries didn't know anything about it, either?
    Politics are full of dirtbags and sleazeballs too. Didn't King Kwame' teach you that? And the corporate stooges .... how many untold stories are out there about St. Mikey of the Pizza World?

The only difference is, liberals aren't going to elect this guy President like you did with yours.
    You've already forgotten Bill Clinton's history of sleaze?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    You've already forgotten Bill Clinton's history of sleaze?

He already told you, he did not have sex with that woman.

Name:  newyorkpremierenineafterpartycb8oog4xzzul.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  2013_03_14_obsr25_graysondantzicphoto-275-2.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  84.5 KB

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast