Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Eminem Rips the POTUS in Detroit Rap Rant

Detroit's two biggest bad boy rocker/rappers are going different directions in these politically sensitive times. While Kid Rock hangs in the Oval Office and hints at running for the Senate, super Superstar Eminem has unleashed on the Pres in a 4 minute rap scene that going viral on the internet.

This is awesome.

He has album coming out and this is how he stands out before the album comes out. Simple marketing people. Kind of like Kid Rock's schtick but not as outrageous with it considering Eminem does not do campaign events [[I.e- kid rock/romney) or show up at the white house disrespecting the place [[I.e- Kid Rock and Palin). Personally Eminem as a rapper lost it's appeal to me after 02 although i bought albums after that with hopes it would be good. 5 minutes is quite a bit to dedicate to Trump for an artist that has not been very political in his career outside a couple jabs at Bill and a cpl songs where he went in on the Iraq war or Bush.

He sounds like a punk. I've enjoyed a few of his songs over the years but this doesn't come off well at his age. Probably trying to appeal to his audience and what they want to hear him say. It has become ridiculous with celebrities spouting off like they are all experts on politics/society. Especially when they blatantly disrespect the president.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Probably trying to appeal to his audience and what they want to hear him say.
    Yeah, I'm sure otherwise he's a closeted Republican.

Indeed. He knows ganking Trump would be a good sell in Detroit. Duh. I like how so many of the actors and celebrities 'ACT' like they are such experts. Indeed they are our news priests.

I'm to the point even more so of tuning out of celebrity award shows. The hypocrisy is blatant. I don't need a lecture on dialing down my furnace when you have two-three mega big foot mansions, boats, planes etc. using many times the resources than the average citizen.

We see the mess of Weinstein.... all the while touting non-violence and promoting extreme violent films filled with tons of gun use, and a jacked personal life. Just go away. Emimen too.........

... It has become ridiculous with celebrities spouting off like they are all experts on politics/society
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 09:34 AM.

Or door number 3. A closeted conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure otherwise he's a closeted Republican.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 11:46 AM.

What rich or upper middle class person isn't a "closeted republicans?"

Hell, most of the Democrats today are closeted Republicans given how much vitriol hatred they harbor for people in the mold of FDR / LBJ and the social democratic policies they advocated for.

He sounds like a punk. I've enjoyed a few of his songs over the years but this doesn't come off well at his age. Probably trying to appeal to his audience and what they want to hear him say. It has become ridiculous with celebrities spouting off like they are all experts on politics/society. Especially when they blatantly disrespect the president.
    Thanks to the internet and social media, everyone thinks they're some deep thinking intellectual and really doing something to enlighten others and make the world better

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Indeed. He knows ganking Trump would be a good sell in Detroit. Duh. I like how so many of the actors and celebrities 'ACT' like they are such experts. Indeed they are our news priests.

I'm to the point even more so of tuning out of celebrity award shows. The hypocrisy is blatant. I don't need a lecture on dialing down my furnace when you have two-three mega big foot mansions, boats, planes etc. using many times the resources than the average citizen.

We see the mess of Weinstein.... all the while touting non-violence and promoting extreme violent films filled with tons of gun use, and a jacked personal life. Just go away. Emimen too.........
    Agreed!

When I see celebritirs doing these type of publicity stunt for raising their taxes, single payer health care, free college, etc., [[things that will actually improve the lives of their fans), then maybe I'll take them seriously.

Yeah, I come here to listen to people spout off like experts.

100+ millionaire drug addict rants about Trump in an abandoned building in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    What rich or upper middle class person isn't a "closeted republicans?"

Hell, most of the Democrats today are closeted Republicans given how much vitriol hatred they harbor for people in the mold of FDR / LBJ and the social democratic policies they advocated for.
    Republitariancrats, That is why when people talk about a liberal agenda other than being accepting of people I ask what liberal agenda? Have not had one of those in 50 years damn near. Nixon was more of an economic liberal than Bill Clinton.

Amen, cause everyone here has a doctorit in what they're talk about. [[Most of you are clueless as heck with the B's you spit) Since when are celebrities not human and not able to speak up? They have a bigger voice than you or anyone else you know. People here have an issue with any and everyone, nothing new.

It's the far left [[and their oppositional friends, the far right) that fall of the wagon, not liberals per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    Republitariancrats, That is why when people talk about a liberal agenda other than being accepting of people I ask what liberal agenda? Have not had one of those in 50 years damn near. Nixon was more of an economic liberal than Bill Clinton.

I hope they had the courtesy to board it up upon leaving. We need not another open, abondoned building.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    100+ millionaire drug addict rants about Trump in an abandoned building in Detroit.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 10:37 AM.

He can say or do whatever he wants. The fact that the media and so many people pay any attention, let alone pay money, for this crap is the sad commentary on today's society. I guess it filters down from the rotting head these days.

It has become ridiculous with celebrities spouting off like they are all experts on politics/society. Especially when they blatantly disrespect the president.
    1) You don't need to be an expert on politics/society to have an opinion.
    2) Just because you're a celebrity doesn't mean you can't express your opinion
    3) Since when is it only OK for celebrities to only speak out on Cancer or issues you deem "okay" and not other things they feel are important?
    4) The President constantly and blatantly disrespects members of Congress, private citizens, war hero's, etc, yet someone can't disrespect him?

You want them to use their platform to speak out for issues and chastise them for not doing so when you want, yet if it's something you do not like or support then they are just supposed to shut up and entertain you, right?

Garbage comments like yours are precisely the mentality that we as a country need to strive not to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    Very true. Nixon was even bold enough to push for a form of universal basic income. It's blasphemous to even discuss such things today.

And it's funny, because some people are all for progressivism and liberalism as long as it doesn't hit their checkbooks, and then when it comes to pushing for things that will require money, you either get radio silence with a "Deer in headlights" looks or the "Rainbows and Unicorns!" spiel.

For example, in the midst of all of the Trump hatred, I have yet to hear a well-known celebrity criticize Trump's tax reform plan.

It has become ridiculous with celebrities spouting off like they are all experts on politics/society..
    This comment here is absolutely ridiculous considering the current president was nothing more than just a celebrity a year ago. Now I wish he wouldn't have gotten involved in politics, however, it was certainly his right. And not to mention every Republicans favorite president of all time, Ronald Reagan, was a celebrity as well. The cognitive dissonance of todays Republicans is mind numbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hope they had the courtesy to board it up upon leaving. We need not another open, abondoned building.
    Probably not. It's like when Eminem and Hollywood wanted a burning Detroit shot for that house fire scene in 8 Mile. They didn't get the proper permit, and just torched the building anyways.

He was in a parking garage off of Fort St...

I can't recall, did you whine when Kid Rock was in the news and being politcal?

Gee, I wonder if all the people who defended Kid Rock after his political comments are now going to show up to denounce Eminem for getting political. Just "shut up and sing", right guys? Unless you're Kid Rock or Ted Nugent, then it's OK. But only for them. Otherwise, we shouldn't be taking our political cues from celebrities and they should just shut up and entertain us. Again though, total exception made for both Kid Rock and Ted Nugent.

And if in the future Eminem decides to do a 180 and become politically-conservative, then he can be moved from the "shut up and sing" category into the "we should all listen to what he has to say" category. Because reasons!

Also "who cares what celebrities think about politics anyways?!!" says those who elected the host of NBC's Celebrity Apprentice to be the President of the United States.

Yup, President Obama was offered such high respect during his tenure

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast