Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hah! I'm not a repub. Include Trump in the great know it alls, spouting off! Straight of his own corner of hollywood!

And the Reagan deification, well.... course these always the Clinton/ Bush family dynasty right off of Dynasty!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    This comment here is absolutely ridiculous considering the current president was nothing more than just a celebrity a year ago. Now I wish he wouldn't have gotten involved in politics, however, it was certainly his right. And not to mention every Republicans favorite president of all time, Ronald Reagan, was a celebrity as well. The cognitive dissonance of todays Republicans is mind numbing.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehamm45 View Post
    Yup, President Obama was offered such high respect during his tenure
    Yes,you had lots of movie stars,rappers etc on stage referring to the color of his skin,right?

That about figures. Stir up the peeps, then step off! Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    Probably not. It's like when Eminem and Hollywood wanted a burning Detroit shot for that house fire scene in 8 Mile. They didn't get the proper permit, and just torched the building anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hope they had the courtesy to board it up upon leaving. We need not another open, abandoned building.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 11:49 AM.

People acting like Eminem's surface-level insults rhymed with swear words are some kind of genius political discourse. Meh. I'm not Trump supporter, but this was average.

The younger generation has a nice choice of public role models these days.

The downside is,agree with him or not the key words the public are going to see are Detroit rapper.

That's a point. It's all pretty blah, meh. Can't blame him for wanted to inflate his career once again. It just is what it is.....

100+ millionaire drug addict rants about Trump in an abandoned building in Detroit.
    Millionaire former drug dealer rants about Hillary Clinton from his mansion in Malibu.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Millionaire former drug dealer rants about Hillary Clinton from his mansion in Malibu.
    Yeah that Roger Clinton is a wastoid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yes,you had lots of movie stars,rappers etc on stage referring to the color of his skin,right?
    Are you comparing being black to having a shitty spray tan?

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Are you comparing being black to having a shitty spray tan?
    I don't think he's referring to the spray tan, which does provide ample material for a good joke. I think he's referring to the recent event where a certain black Saturday Night Live actor [[movie star) called Trump a "cracker", a racial slur used to belittle white people, on live television in front of the whole world.

I don't think he's referring to the spray tan, which does provide ample material for a good joke. I think he's referring to the recent event where a certain black Saturday Night Live actor [[movie star) called Trump a "cracker", a racial slur used to belittle white people, on live television in front of the whole world.
    Yeah, he said "lots" without providing a specific example. That is a nice try to explain the comment though.

Eminem who raps about knocking Ray Rice's wife out, raping Iggy Azalea, tying a woman to a bed an setting the house on fire, uses homophobic slurs, sex with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera that never happened, assaulting his ex wife becasue she didn't love him, stabbing people becasue of their sexual preference, and beheading a woman for infidelity? That Eminem? Yeah, I really give 2 sihts what that piece of garbage thinks. Sounds like the kind of guy the left loves, like Harvey Weinstein.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Yeah, he said "lots" without providing a specific example. That is a nice try to explain the comment though.
    You have been hiding in a closet? I figured that sense there were so many people standing in front of the camera and showing their distaste for the currant president loudly it was kinda hard for the adverage person to miss and one example was not required.

Yes,lots,is generally considered to meen more then one,which does apply.

Why is being a Conservative such taboo around here? Just because I prefer Fiscal responsibility, does not mean I want to see others suffer.

100+ millionaire drug addict rants about Trump in an abandoned building in Detroit.
    What are you referring to? He is not performing in an abandoned building in Detroit. Judging by concrete age in that video he appears to be in a recently built parking structure, said to be in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanViews View Post
    Why is being a Conservative such taboo around here? Just because I prefer Fiscal responsibility, does not mean I want to see others suffer.
    There is no taboo. There are plenty of conservatives on this board. All sides are welcome and all sides do participate. The only requirement is civility.

^^^ Yep. You can have conservative views on some matters without being a republican [[or far right). I do.

I know people that are liberal but not far left.

Welcome to Detroityes!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 06:34 PM.

Where are all of the "enlightened" and "elite" lefties who were calling Kid Rock a dumb redneck who appropriates black culture on the Henderson/Kid Rock thread? Why aren't they calling Mathers out as a dumb thug wannabe who is appropriating black music?

The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance on the left is so adorable.

^^^ Well, yeah - the inconsistencies do seem to emerge don't they?
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-11-17 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanViews View Post
    Let me start off by saying everyone's entitled to their opinion and it doesn't make them a bad or evil person.

That being said, in my opinion alone, I feel the idea of someone being fiscally conservative and socially liberal is a textbook case of cognitive dissonance. You're basically saying that you support addressing the plight of the marginalized as long as you don't have to do anything about it.

Consider Martin Luther King Jr. for example. He made it very clear during his fight for civil rights that genuine equality means economic equality. So what if one can sit at an integrated lunch counter, what does it matter if he can't actually afford to buy the food at said lunch counter?

The fact that must be acknowledged is conservative fiscal policies can do major social harm, as they [[lack of regulations, low tax rates for the rich, etc.) only perpetuate human rights abuse by those who control most of the wealth. So to suggest that you don't want to see suffer but at the same time support the very economic policies that aid in said suffering is a huge contradiction and does not compute in my mind.

But again, those are just my thoughts.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-12-17 at 07:57 AM.

DetroitNightLights Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clubboss View Post
    I agree! Donald Trump deserves to be made fun of for being rich, tanning, living an extravagant lifestyle, and is a gun toting entertainer with a temper who thinks he is a star because he was in a couple movies and television shows. I am so sick of him striking out at the media and other Hollywood stars. The way he talks about women and gay people makes him a horrible role model. Donald Trump won't even take a stand against glorifying mass murder and the deifying mass killers after that shooting in Las Vegas.

Thousands of Detroiters are living below the poverty line and watched their city fall apart while that rich A-hole Trump is living in a house with a freakin' elevator.

WTF? Eminem must have fallen off the wagon again.
    Last edited by DetroitNightLights; October-11-17 at 10:34 PM.

DetroitNightLights Guest

Default 20 years in, Kid Rock, Eminem and ICP are politically relevant & culturally divided

20 years in, Kid Rock, Eminem and ICP are politically relevant — and culturally divided

"...beyond the day-to-day partisan causes and opinions is a more significant reality: Kid Rock, Eminem and ICP have become avatars for three distinct white political identities. Whatever loosely linked these guys 20 years ago has long since fractured. They were once just rivals on the Detroit rap scene; at this point they operate in disparate social and cultural spheres, each politically pitted against the other."

[...]

"The three Detroit performers reflect the divide: Kid Rock, now more singer than rapper, is the flag-waving Trump booster proudly embracing redneck imagery and Southern rock. Eminem is the Trump-bashing hip-hop purist ever conscious of his place in a black art form. ICP is the radical underdog, under fire from the government and winning solidarity from libertarian and leftist groups."

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Where are all of the "enlightened" and "elite" lefties who were calling Kid Rock a dumb redneck who appropriates black culture on the Henderson/Kid Rock thread? Why aren't they calling Mathers out as a dumb thug wannabe who is appropriating black music?

The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance on the left is so adorable.
    Don't call me "enlightened", "elite", or a "leftie", and I never wasted any time on this board on the topic of Kid Rock. But let me be the first on this thread to say I never liked either Kid Rock or Eminem. Not as musicians. Not for the examples they present. Certainly not as social commentators. And Hell No, not as a politician.

I'm disgusted and embarrassed by Trump. But not because of anything Kid Rock or Eminem has said. I don't give an isht what they think about him or anything else. I do my own research, using good sources, and that's easy enough.

Then the most recent post [[and the freep) dug up those Faygo clowns?! Let's go ahead and mention Ted Nugent while we're at it.

We're here on a forum about Detroit, where so much incredible music has been created and still often is. Almost all of us are or were once from the area. And these lowlifes are who we're you're talking about?

C'mon Detroit[[Yes)!

Is it time to recharge over at SoulfulDetroit?
    Last edited by bust; October-12-17 at 01:11 PM.

Why do Eminem's words hold any relevance in the political arena ?
    Are they really "better" than some homeless guy in a box by the alley ?
    Just because someone has an inside edge on propagating a "voice"
    --- doesn't exactly mean their made up words have credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Let me start off by saying everyone's entitled to their opinion and it doesn't make them a bad or evil person.

That being said, in my opinion alone, I feel the idea of someone being fiscally conservative and socially liberal is a textbook case of cognitive dissonance. You're basically saying that you support the plight of the marginalized as long as you don't have to do anything about it.

Consider Martin Luther King Jr. for example. He made it very clear during his fight for civil rights that genuine equality means economic equality. So what if one can sit at an integrated lunch counter, what does it matter if he can't actually afford to buy the food at said lunch counter?

The fact that must be acknowledged is conservative fiscal policies can do major social harm, as they [[lack of regulations, low tax rates for the rich, etc.) only perpetuate human rights abuse by those who control most of the wealth. So to suggest that you don't want to see suffer but at the same time support the very economic policies that aid in said suffering is a huge contradiction and does not compute in my mind.

But again, those are just my thoughts.
    I agree-could not have said it better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast