Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Did you watch the video?
    Why tf should we care about some dweeb from Google who quit because he couldn't stand working with women?

No one will leave Google, rank and file are probably excited to move down.

That's your take? I did not see it that way. Anyway, no one should care if the candidate is a woman or a minority or whatever. Are they qualified? Will they bring value? Essentially, are they the best candidate for the job?
    Google is extremely sensitive about its image as a equal opportunity employer and it will do whatever it takes to uphold that perception.....whether it hurts them or not. Relocating in Detroit just gives them a larger pool to draw from which is a win-win for Google and Detroit locals. That's my point.

That's your take? I did not see it that way. Anyway, no one should care if the candidate is a woman or a minority or whatever. Are they qualified? Will they bring value? Essentially, are they the best candidate for the job?
    Google is extremely sensitive about its image as a equal opportunity employer and it will do whatever it takes to uphold that perception.....whether it hurts them or not. Relocating in Detroit just gives them a larger pool to draw from which is a win-win for Google and Detroit locals. That's my point.
    Because there are more women in Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Why tf should we care about some dweeb from Google who quit because he couldn't stand working with women?

No one will leave Google, rank and file are probably excited to move down.
    He actually got fired. Interesting rebuttal by the ex-employee
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9_o42QaVnA

He actually got fired. Interesting rebuttal by the ex-employee
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9_o42QaVnA
    That's right! I stand appreciatively corrected. Deserved it. He doesn't need a rebuttal. He sent a memo without approval that was offensive. Bye bye.

That's right! I stand appreciatively corrected. Deserved it. He doesn't need a rebuttal. He sent a memo without approval that was offensive. Bye bye.
    Hmmmm, ok, catch ya later.

A rather large Google sign is now on the LCA, facing south towards the Fisher Freeway.

A rather large Google sign is now on the LCA, facing south towards the Fisher Freeway.
    Does anyone have a plan to address the parking needs of the Google workers? I imagine there must be some entity out there who is trying make sure these workers all have a place to park...

I guess that the city had finally given Google the green light and removed all of that red tape away from Google's path

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Does anyone have a plan to address the parking needs of the Google workers? I imagine there must be some entity out there who is trying make sure these workers all have a place to park...
    Don’t worry, they have at least a dozen buildings in immediate danger of collapse that would be prime locations for Google employee’s cars. Who knows, maybe they’ll be able to squeeze in a few game attendees since we all know about the massive lack of surface parking downtown...

That Google sign just makes it look like they paid for naming rights for a section of the stadium. No one who sees it without prior knowledge will think there are actually Google employees there.

Speaking of signage; Biggby has their signage on their slowly up and coming Livernios location in the Avenue of Fashion. However, it still an empty shell of space inside of the building. It has been like that since last October. They were to set for opening this month. This had happened to National chained businesses that had opened or are trying to open in Detroit especially if they will be a threat to local competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    This is probably an ideal situation for office parking in this area. The parking is geared toward large event crowds primarily on evenings and weekends. There should be a ton of spots during business hours. It makes a lot of sense to add as much office space as possible in the area for not only more efficient parking, but more foot traffic for restaurants and retail. Everything else planned - the arena, hotels, residential - is geared towards being occupied on nights and weekends.

Hopefully, we should be hearing about more office tenants in the near future. It was about the time we heard about the Google move that work was noticeably halted on the surrounding buildings, and then soon thereafter, announced the change to office space from residential. Then the additional office space in the renovated buildings was announced followed by the Chemical Bank move. I'm thinking Olympia received more interest in the available office space than originally anticipated, and that Google was not alone. Unless the only tenant interested just happened to be a highly visible global tech company that wanted all of the available space at the time, but I doubt it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2