Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Teleway on Michigan

Went by there today about 1pm ish. There wasn't any cars in the parking lot, nobody lined up for coffee, no activity at all. The place looked closed, was in a hurry, had somebody with me, couldn't turn around for a closer look. Hopefully I'm mistaken, anybody know anything about it ?

I would say that you happened by at one of the few times that they are getting a break.

This happened there a few weeks back.. couldn't tell you if it's related or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQAl...eature=related

They didn't close up after that accident, I was in there the next day...they serve up OLD SCHOOL indigestion...heh.

The place looked open Sunday night when I went by there.Noticed the shrine in front of the place also.

I hear it was bought by the guys who ran the Mecury Coffee shop.

How does the crack smoke taste this morning?!

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    The place looked open Sunday night when I went by there.Noticed the shrine in front of the place also.

A shrine? Really? Wasn't the only fatality the idiot who caused the accident by speeding away from the police?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine1958 View Post
    A shrine? Really? Wasn't the only fatality the idiot who caused the accident by speeding away from the police?
    Ah, but that was an "unjust" fatality.... another Malice Green, if you will.

So is the Telway open or not? and Yes there were teddy bears and balloons in front of the place.If I were on days I would drive down there and check things out.

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    So is the Telway open or not? and Yes there were teddy bears and balloons in front of the place.If I were on days I would drive down there and check things out.
    And If I had udders I'd be a cow.

Or a goat. Or a sheep.

Telways is alive and well.

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karl jr. View Post
    Telways is alive and well.
    That's great, but what about Teleway?

Guy on the phone says: "yeah, of course we're open."

EastsideAl - too funny...what a breathe of fresh air you are - and logical - get on the phone and call them!!! You get a gold star!

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_uke View Post
    EastsideAl - too funny...what a breathe of fresh air you are - and logical - get on the phone and call them!!! You get a gold star!

+1

Detroital should run for mayor after Conyers forces Bing to be recalled! Maybe one of the resident politicos can help by sharing their campaign experiences.

I've always been tempted to try Telway- everytime I drive by, which is often, they are busy.

What I meant was - if you want to know if a place is open - call.

Quote Originally Posted by detmich View Post
    That's great, but what about Teleway?
    Let me know where teleway is and I'll check it out for ya detmich.

The Telway in question is at Michigan and Martin. Looked open when I drove by on Friday morning. Turns out, and this is no surprise, that the streetlight that caused the inferno at the end of the chase, was not replaced as had been previously thought. They just put the usual orange cone on top of the concrete base with the wires hanging out.... Detroit Style!

Rocko, really? And then we wonder who should be on the list of "employees" who should be worried about keeping their jobs. I know this sounds horribly naive, but what happened to having pride in the job you did? Oh Detroit....what the hell happened???

I need sleep, I completely misread drjeff's post as, "everytime I do a drive by".....oops.

DetroitPlanner, your remark about the folks from the Mercury was funny. I was at Telway with friends tonight after the Jazz Fest. As usual it was jumping and hopping. We got our bags of burgers and double/double coffees and plopped on the lawn across the street to enjoy an absolutely beautiful night in the city. A2 last night, Detroit tonight, and then home to my lake - I've got the world in my hands.